Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Cloudchaser was good in the morning. Not deep, but soft. Love these wrens. Jonesy, get wider skis. Do just fine on the groom too!

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting higher!

Ugh, high temps and high snow levels are back. That was definitely a fun cycle while it lasted!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Git sum fellas! I bet hrm lines will be short...
    They were short all morning, till they weren’t. Snow was fresh and deep, warm and heavy. Really nice to ski on, but entirely different than the past week. Steep HRM Trees continued to deliver the goods, with colder snow than the day’s root mean squared.

We went up for lunch at the first sign of congestion. 100+ people walked past us on our way to the lodge, 100+ people were in line at the HRM ticket booth, 100+ people passed us on our way from the lodge to the lot, and another 100+ were schlepping up the road from the highway to the lot. Everyone was out getting theirs today.

After lunch we decided to go check out the back side of skibowl (Outback), and when the rain started hitting the windshield, turned up the hill to Timberline. 2/3 of the way up the hill checked the weather and Bruno’s was the only lift running (about 300’ long, 15’ of vertical). At that moment the solid stream of traffic came barreling down the hill. Flipped a u-turn at the first break in traffic, and went back down. There were lines at both ends of the Skibowl main parking lot, spilled over onto the highway.

Pandemonium!!!

Seems like enough of you enjoyed the snow this morning for me to narrow my "issues" down to operator error, or something out of whack with my new-to-me bonafides (edges seem super sharp and not detuned at all, but not sure that's enough to explain my inability to ski today). Could go on, but that's tech talk JONG.

Like an idiot, I didn't bring a reference ski with me this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Ugh, high temps and high snow levels are back. That was definitely a fun cycle while it lasted!
    I’m trying to convince myself it’ll be good for base building. But you’re right: hard to beat 6ft+ of snow in 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sounds like a decent day for all you hood folks, considering holiday crowds and all. Come north to Canada if you still want deep cold snow... skied waist deep cold smoke up here today

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Chopped up northwest pow sort of day
    Breezy with wet snow
    Skiing is fun but not at all like the earlier week’s conditions

The boy & his friend
    Attachment 311333
    Attachment 311334

I skied more than I should, but it was worth it
    You survived without major pain, score that a win!
    So E is now mostly on a board? He’s not a flailing arms kinda guy on skis...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You survived without major pain, score that a win!
    So E is now mostly on a board? He’s not a flailing arms kinda guy on skis...
    I’ll have you know he learned his flail from one of the best

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E57FFC15-D417-488A-AC68-000B1371C4BA.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	311366

Come north to Canada if you still want deep cold snow...
    canada, eh?

been having same results at our big sleepy place, can we expect a visit anytime soon?

Hoodoo was a crapper. Raining with alot of beaters. Apparently there have been some alcohol related incidents as well. So a new policy has been adopted. Catch my drift.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Sounds like a decent day for all you hood folks, considering holiday crowds and all. Come north to Canada if you still want deep cold snow... skied waist deep cold smoke up here today
    Looking forward to the TR. Get sum!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Hoodoo was a crapper. Raining with alot of beaters. Apparently there have been some alcohol related incidents as well. So a new policy has been adopted. Catch my drift.
    Job opening for TBS as safety meeting coordinator?

He would be perfect for that position. His office is in the basement next to the womens lockers.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I’ve been known to charm ladies...
    MtB was a shitshow today. My low expectations were not exceeded.

Summit at Bachy opened today for first time all season. Unfortunately all the snow accumulated lately had a 1/2-1” layer of ice/ crust on top. On plus side, it was a bluebird day .
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Name:  82024473_2742453872498676_4972101020864741376_n.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  50.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    Summit at Bachy opened today for first time all season. Unfortunately all the snow accumulated lately had a 1/2-1” layer of ice/ crust on top. On plus side, it was a bluebird day .
    Yeah...Big surprise about conditions on Summit. I left just as they were opening. People had been waiting for like an hour to get some of that.

The carnage must have been awesome

I wonder if the two guys I saw sporting dynafiddles and Float45 packs were there...

But yeah, it WAS sunny...

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Seems like enough of you enjoyed the snow this morning for me to narrow my "issues" down to operator error, or something out of whack with my new-to-me bonafides (edges seem super sharp and not detuned at all, but not sure that's enough to explain my inability to ski today). Could go on, but that's tech talk JONG.

Like an idiot, I didn't bring a reference ski with me this weekend.

I know you were all waiting for an update. I detuned them and loved them today.

Mt hood Meadows was at least twice as busy as yesterday, possibly more like 3 times in terms of lift lines. Still not a bad wait. I guess the masses are more interested in sun this year than snowfall. I swear it seems like the opposite sometimes.

Anyway, really nice spring skiing today.

Name:	IMG_6379.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	311542

Looks can be deceiving

Name:	IMG_6381.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	311543
    The carnage

Fun in the sun was great.

Awesome to hear you sliding, Adam
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Dropped my change for a nickel somewhere around here

Name:	IMG_7875.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	947.7 KB 
ID:	311557

Fall down, go boom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's what happens when you're tricking, bro.

Haha! hope you’re alright. Backie fail? Show us some video!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Hoodoo on Saturday was very wet and heavy, but atleast it was soft. Just had to really keep speed up or it got grabby. Fun turns, with minimal visibility were had. Introduced my lady to the joys of raincorn. Utter carnage everywhere. Every lift ride i saw 2 or 3 people collecting stuff from a full yardsale.

Sunday was very crowded, almost completely refrozen, locked up chunder and crust... but views were unlimited. Then a snowbomb from a tree caught me driving home which pushed in the passenger side of my windshield spiderwebbing the whole thing. drove the next 80 minutes to salem where i found a gas station vacumn to clean up the shattered glass throughout the car, said a few prayers for rain to hold off, and drove the 5 hours home to seattle with wind whistling through the windshield hoping the wind wouldnt push it back into my face.