Page 42 of 165 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by pureshred View Post
    First year with an Ikon pass, haven't been able to get out much yet this season but digging Squalpine in the winter so far (previously only ridden in spring/summer). So. Much. Terrain. Trying to get acquainted with it all, anyone know where I can buy a copy of Squallywood?

Some clips from Tuesday off KT, Shirley, and Sibo. Pow and boilerplate and no way to tell them apart in the flat light made it pretty spicy. I edited out my blue ice of death mishaps, now it almost looks like I know what I'm doing

Tomorrow looks cold and deep, super stoked to get after it!
    Maybe some of the local ski shops still have a copy but I haven't looked lately. Otherwise you would likely have to pay a pretty penny to buy from a reseller.

$100 to anyone willing to show up at Dr Cassidy's office tomorrow at nine and say they're me. Gotta pay for own dental work though. FML.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I’m fairly new out here too, it’s awesome. I’ve gotten 30 days over the last two seasons, and I’m still finding lines that would rate as the sickest thing on the mountain back home in Colorado. Unfortunately it’s impossible to get your hands on a copy of Squallywood—we had a thread about it a month ago. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ook-(2-copies)

I met a guy in the KT line who proudly stated that he had gotten both editions as soon as they’d come out. How can so few have so much and so many JONGs have so little?

If you want the G.N.A.R. rules, google “Daan Stevenson G.N.A.R. scribd.” Then you can google around for specific lines listed there, and figure some of them out. The G.N.A.R. movie has some screenshots, and in talking to people at Squaw I’ve learned more. As you can probably tell, I’ve spent too much time on this! I wish I could’ve gotten in one of those Squallywood clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by pureshred View Post
    First year with an Ikon pass, haven't been able to get out much yet this season but digging Squalpine in the winter so far (previously only ridden in spring/summer). So. Much. Terrain. Trying to get acquainted with it all, anyone know where I can buy a copy of Squallywood?
    Try Alices Market in the squaw village

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As far as Squallywood goes, it's a good book to understand a lot of the lines around Squaw but it doesn't reveal any stashes or anything like that and there's a whole lot of the resort that it doesn't cover. If you want to get to know the mountain your best bet is to chase around a few of the regular crews and eventually introduce yourself. They're pretty friendly for the most part - or at least the skiers are, I don't know about the boarders.

Ghost town

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33114C0F-71E2-4D1E-A8F0-46AB92621E99.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	696.5 KB 
ID:	311132

Looks like a sleeper day.

Anyone know what's happening at Alpine?

^ Post control

Heard about a slide at Alpine (called in at 11:15) and they're searching for multiple burials. Hope everyone is okay.

https://twitter.com/PlacerSheriff/st...62257949216768
    One fatality and one serious injury confirmed

Saw the slide go down at Alpine. Chute skiers left of main promised land area. Two skiers swept from above but didn’t see where they ended up. Very scary! Definitely dialing it down.

By the way, snow is great but wind impacted and there’s death ice patches. Definitely not epic conditions. Tread carefully!

Horrible news.

Voodoo snowpack for sure this morning. I saw a skier triggered D2 at about 10am under the Funi at squaw, that rain crust/faceting is super reactive. Very curious to see what the SAC reports are for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Horrible news.

Voodoo snowpack for sure this morning. I saw a skier triggered D2 at about 10am under the Funi at squaw, that rain crust/faceting is super reactive. Very curious to see what the SAC reports are for today.
    Did you watch the skier trigger it?

In the alpine avalanche, slope broke above skiers after a couple of turns. Broke from the top. Very scary to see!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    These are definitely beacon-inbounds conditions.

Even with a foot plus, if you haven’t been out in the past week be careful of the lingering wind-scoured death ice that has shown up inconsistently and in spots you might not expect. I nearly made intimate friends with a tree at Sugar Bowl yesterday. It looked just like wind buff.
    Seems like you called it. Sad to be right on this one. Be safe out there everyone!

Scary stuff, ECTP's in the backcountry as well. Also i'm not sure the video statement from Placer Co sherriff saying "This is an area of the resort that is an advanced skier area and at this point there is no reason to believe any other area of the resort or alpine meadows is in jeopardy" is doing anyone any favors. https://twitter.com/PlacerSheriff/status/1218269975112085504

Yeah, skied out of it, but it wasn't small. Kicked off at the convexity at the top of tower 16. 18 inch crown maybe, 250 feet wide and ran out until the slope lessened. I skied the face about 30 mins later and all the untracked pockets were still sliding from any skier loading.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Yeah, skied out of it, but it wasn't small. Kicked off at the convexity at the top of tower 16. 18 inch crown maybe, 250 feet wide and ran out until the slope lessened. I skied the face about 30 mins later and all the untracked pockets were still sliding from any skier loading.
    Gotchya thanks for that

fkna. Terrible news. RIP.

Saw a friend post this from a slide on Tuesday. East-facing around 7500 feet. Careful out there peeple.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200116-163246_2.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	311196
    sproing!

That all sucks . RIP and condolences to family and friends.

That windslab photo makes sense to me^^^. Lots of snow has been moving around for several days.

FWIW, According to my reading of the squaw press release, a beacon would not have helped.

Bad news. Play safe folks. Those ice dragon heads scare me plenty.

That sucks, RIP. I just watched a video from the '82 avy that I just learned about. f-me that one looked bad.
    Hello darkness my old friend