Page 308 of 599 FirstFirst ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 14969
    @ SL - if that falls out let me know and can go the base patch route. You guys are doing some good work this year....

Also for the Wren 114 crowd. A brand new, in the wrapper Wren 114 in 184cm just turned up. Literally last pair of non-customs. If anyone wants it, shoot us an email. You guys can have first dibs before we put it up on the website Wed.

ALSO on brake width...

So typically we tell people go 95mm from the 102mm wide skis and down, and 115mm on the skis 108mm wide and up (nothing between 102 and 108).

That said, we're evaluating that right now and might be starting to recommend 95mm on everything 108mm and down. Then 115mm would go to 116mm wide and up.

The 95mm will fit a 108mm wide skis. I don't know why, but it fits. Sometimes you have to ever so slightly tweak (we're trying to gauge this frequency), but given that you want the brakes as tight as you can go, we might be moving almost all our binding orders to 95mm in the future.

Obviously on 108mm wide skis, 115mm works but most of the factory is swapping base plates for 95mm these days.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

ALSO on brake width...
    Are you talking about Pivots?

Edit: never mind. I missed it. Yes, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Are you talking about Pivots?

Edit: never mind. I missed it. Yes, you are.
    Yes Pivot specific.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Ullr is pleased — C&Ds finally feel broken in.

Attachment 309382
    Thread drift alert: SkiLyft, I just moseyed on over here from the Hestra site after stalking the Vertical Cut CZone glove you're wearing (I think), and trying to decide between that and the Army Gore Short. I only have gauntlet gloves and mitts right now. Any Beta? Like it so far?

Watching the snow fall at Whistler (t-19 days) and fingers crossed I will be traveling with only the Woodsman 108s in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Watching the snow fall at Whistler (t-19 days) and fingers crossed I will be traveling with only the Woodsman 108s in the bag.
    Lemme know how it goes, going there end of month w/ w108s as well

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Thread drift alert: SkiLyft, I just moseyed on over here from the Hestra site after stalking the Vertical Cut CZone glove you're wearing (I think), and trying to decide between that and the Army Gore Short. I only have gauntlet gloves and mitts right now. Any Beta? Like it so far?
    Good call — 3 days in them so far and really dig them usually a FTP kinda guy but wanted a membrane for those rainy days and figured I’d try them out. The fit is a bit snug at first but they have stretched out already and fit perfect! Super dexterous and nice supple leather.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

Also for the Wren 114 crowd. A brand new, in the wrapper Wren 114 in 184cm just turned up. Literally last pair of non-customs. If anyone wants it, shoot us an email. You guys can have first dibs before we put it up on the website Wed.
    Someone should probably fucking buy these. So. Damn. Fun.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Good call — 3 days in them so far and really dig them usually a FTP kinda guy but wanted a membrane for those rainy days and figured I’d try them out. The fit is a bit snug at first but they have stretched out already and fit perfect! Super dexterous and nice supple leather.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks, boss. A few people have vouched for them and made similar note about the fit; since I was cursed with Trumpian hands, they sound like they'll work. And it's PayDay.

So the saga with my cheap eBay SG find is over and it's time to get another pair, which will hopefully suit my needs better. I've narrowed down the choice to Billy Goat Tour (custom) and Woodsman 116 as my resort/powder touring skis.
    Shifts are going on either.
    Living in Salt Lake so don't have to deal with wet and heavy snow PNW is known for. Have Wrenegade 108 and Sakana in my quiver and will get something 120+ in waist if life (wife?) permits.
    BG is a cult, I get it. BG Tour is couple grams lighter with softer and more even flex. Haven't heard much about Woodsman 116.

I'm 6'1, 185lbs dry weight, like to ski from the tips with shins pressed but that might change over the time.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

If you dig your 108s I’d first explore the Woodsman 116. Wren and Woodsman very much in the same family.
    In my very limited experience I’ve found the builds to feel very similar with the Woodsman just putting slightly less demand on the driver. Mainly by having slightly less acceleration tendencies and being a bit easier to shut down. It sacrifices very little in return for the greater ease of operation.

I’ve never thought of the Wren to be overly demanding but it is noticeably stiffer than the Woodsman. That is no knock on the Woodsman’s charge-ability.
    Last edited by Doremite; 01-09-2020 at 09:17 PM.
    Uno mas

RES is the shiz you say? Very interdastingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109_201340.jpeg 
Views:	194 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	309974

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    RES is the shiz you say? Very interdastingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109_201340.jpeg 
Views:	194 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	309974

Nice dewd. You’re in biz now. Get a ride yet? Meow

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Nice dewd. You’re in biz now. Get a ride yet? Meow
    Thanks man. Next 2 days off and snow forecast starting now. Cant wait!

The 8th season for these begins, probably 300 days and not babied. Would be triple that if I weren't a working loser.

Let there be no doubt that ON3P builds skis that are burley as royal fuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109_213720.jpeg 
Views:	196 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	309978

ON3P SKIS Discussion

First day on Wren 96ti. A generous dust on crust fell upon Taos Ski Valley overnight and just mounting these yesterday; I was stoked.

Haven't been skiing nearly as much as I want to this season so decided to just cruise a few groomers to start. When I emailed Iggy regarding "needing" this ski he used the phrase "locked in". This is 100% spot on. As a few of you know, I'm a bit of a carving dork. One of my favorite things to do is ski my 15 year old Stockli Laser SC with a race plate; its 63mm underfoot. Unreal how intuitive carves linked up once up to speed and I was 100% "locked in" to the firm piste. Felt like I was skiing my lasers for a bit based on how well they carved.

Got into the steeps a bit and was blown away as well. Dust on crust, bumps in West B and Highline. Very firm underneath and same thing, absolutely locked into the terrain.

If you're thinking of getting metal, the answer is yes.

Edit to add: one of my favorite things about metal: the way they sound in firm snow.
    Last edited by the_flying_v; 01-11-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Ok, after lusting for the past few years & seeing ON3P @ Hood....... the universe spoke (ok it was Teenage texting saying - “help I’m broke...”) & I agreed to take a cheap pair of used ON3Ps off his hands before he went back to college.

I tossed em my car & when I looked later they are SWEET!

But what are they? There are stamped serial number 001 Prototype Wren 88

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Junior got out on his new 184 BG’s today. He is taller than Dad, but my skis are still a little longer than his (just barely). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3982.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	310131
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Junior got out on his new 184 BG’s today. He is taller than Dad, but my skis are still a little longer than his (just barely). Click image for larger version. 

Sure miss skiing with my Father. One of the few things we did without screaming at each other.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Ok, after lusting for the past few years & seeing ON3P @ Hood....... the universe spoke (ok it was Teenage texting saying - “help I’m broke...”) & I agreed to take a cheap pair of used ON3Ps off his hands before he went back to college.

I tossed em my car & when I looked later they are SWEET!

But what are they? There are stamped serial number 001 Prototype Wren 88
    You’ll die if you ski those. I’ll take them off your hands.

Amazing day on the hill. Mrs Cascade christened her BGt’s and I broken in the Ltd veneer BGs. She’s been intimidated by them since they arrived. She bucked up and got big grins today.
    “I get it now. The are like a badass diesel truck that plows thru everything” Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4958.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	310137
    She’s no ripping skier either. This is her 6th yr and meager amount of days. Don’t be afraid to put your gals on the 179 tours.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    You’ll die if you ski those. I’ll take them off your hands.
    Hahahaha - it doesn’t look like anyone has skied these, Teenaged could not come up with the $$ for a set of clamps, but they have been drilled & have a Tahoe sticker on em.

Paging Iggy

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

Sorry I missed you guys. I was there on the GCCD’s. I haven’t skied anything else this week. Truly spoiled by the conditions of late.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Amazing day on the hill. Mrs Cascade christened her BGt’s and I broken in the Ltd veneer BGs. She’s been intimidated by them since they arrived. She bucked up and got big grins today.
    “I get it now. The are like a badass diesel truck that plows thru everything” Click image for larger version. 

She’s no ripping skier either. This is her 6th yr and meager amount of days. Don’t be afraid to put your gals on the 179 tours.
    Awesome. Great news. Sometimes things happen for a reason i guess. Ive been trying to convince myself i should have both a bg and bg tour. I feel better now too haaa

Those veneers though. So nice
    Christened mine today. Despite loving my steeple 102's , i was nervous the width and stiffness on the bg might stray from the steeples fun things. Took all of 2-4 turns on the bg to let out a whoop and grin from ear to ear. Perfect day for the initiation.

How much does she weight and how tall is she?

Awesome that she’s liking them!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Awesome. Great news. Sometimes things happen for a reason i guess. Ive been trying to convince myself i should have both a bg and bg tour. I feel better now too haaa

Those veneers though. So nice
    Christened mine today. Despite loving my steeple 102's , i was nervous the width and stiffness on the bg might stray from the steeples fun things. Took all of 2-4 turns on the bg to let out a whoop and grin from ear to ear. Perfect day for the initiation.

Yea man. The BGs are stout and all but it’s amazing how they translate to soft snow. The veneers in person are something to behold. Black portions of the art turned to a dark gray stain look with the grain showing thru. Well done ON3P crew. The other bonus is the slightly stiffer flex veneer provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    How much does she weight and how tall is she?

Awesome that she’s liking them!
    She’s 5’ 4” 125ish. I should qualify my statement a bit.. IF there was a shorter BG it would be a better match, however gotta deal with what we have available.

I can offer em up for a try at Stevens for around 280 bsl
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 01-11-2020 at 11:05 AM.