Page 35 of 121 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Enduro core, stock flex w nylon top sheet.

I wish they had a little more support in the tail.

The dynastars are the 192 Aurelian ducroz pro models. Really like them.

My GPO are 192 ultralight core w carbon, 4 flex. Really like those as well.

Not saying I don’t like the Lhasa just hard to transition back and forth from my other skis (plus supergoats for deeeep days)....need a different style...seems more arch of foot instead of in the cuffs.

Probably my total lack of skill

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thats a piste jib. Fun versatile all mountain twin. Only dif is pj is 3flex and mvp is 4flex

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Except for pj longest length is 184. I haven't skied many skis I really like any shorter than 188. My preferred length for everything but a pure carving ski is 190-195. Hard to find in a 95-100mm playful twin.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Enduro core, stock flex w nylon top sheet.

I wish they had a little more support in the tail.

The dynastars are the 192 Aurelian ducroz pro models. Really like them.

My GPO are 192 ultralight core w carbon, 4 flex. Really like those as well.

Not saying I don’t like the Lhasa just hard to transition back and forth from my other skis (plus supergoats for deeeep days)....need a different style...seems more arch of foot instead of in the cuffs.

Probably my total lack of skill

I find this interesting. I find my Lhasas tails can kind of kick my ass if I’m not in the front seat - but when I am they’re magical - super quick and supportive.

Always interesting to see how different people feel something the complete opposite of how another does on the same ski. I guess ski tune, skier size, and technique maybe explain it

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I find this interesting. I find my Lhasas tails can kind of kick my ass if I’m not in the front seat - but when I am they’re magical - super quick and supportive.

Always interesting to see how different people feel something the complete opposite of how another does on the same ski. I guess ski tune, skier size, and technique maybe explain it
    Although not relevant to the Lhasas, this mirrors my process of discovery as well. My comments above (about my 187 GPOs) may not have been clear, and the fact that they felt a bit long in some tight spaces may have as much to do with the layup as well as the length. I pretty much have a handle on GPO mount points by now ;-)

I suspect my Goldilocks setup for them would either be 187 Enduro/Carbon/Veneer, or 182 Enduro/Veneer. My trip next week will tell me more.

Between these skis, the Q's I sold (182 - Enduro/Carbon/Veneer), and my 182 GPOs (Enduro/Nylon/Veneer), I'm coming to better isolate the attributes of the layup permutations.

I'm seeing how much I love what Veneer introduces, and my favorite layup may indeed be Enduro/Carbon/Veneer. The Q's showed me that the Veneer really tames the Carbon, and if you have wimpy legs like mine, then the added "pop" of the carbon isn't a bad thing. Obviously, young chargers don't need the carbon.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Except for pj longest length is 184. I haven't skied many skis I really like any shorter than 188. My preferred length for everything but a pure carving ski is 190-195. Hard to find in a 95-100mm playful twin.
    Ah yes. Missed that. Guessing youd want 4 flex anyway

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ah yes. Missed that. Guessing youd want 4 flex anyway

If I was going to do it, I think it would be 193 -1 MVP with Heavy + C and veneer in a #5 flex.

So, yeah, anyone had Keith build them a -1 MVP?

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Obviously different strokes but I just don’t get why you wouldn’t want the standard MVP? Mine are the skinniest ski in my quiver that I actually use regularly.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Although not relevant to the Lhasas, this mirrors my process of discovery as well. My comments above (about my 187 GPOs) may not have been clear, and the fact that they felt a bit long in some tight spaces may have as much to do with the layup as well as the length. I pretty much have a handle on GPO mount points by now ;-)

I suspect my Goldilocks setup for them would either be 187 Enduro/Carbon/Veneer, or 182 Enduro/Veneer. My trip next week will tell me more.

Between these skis, the Q's I sold (182 - Enduro/Carbon/Veneer), and my 182 GPOs (Enduro/Nylon/Veneer), I'm coming to better isolate the attributes of the layup permutations.

I'm seeing how much I love what Veneer introduces, and my favorite layup may indeed be Enduro/Carbon/Veneer. The Q's showed me that the Veneer really tames the Carbon, and if you have wimpy legs like mine, then the added "pop" of the carbon isn't a bad thing. Obviously, young chargers don't need the carbon.

... Thom
    So true, I have different taste in builds but, yup

Going to pull the trigger on these GPO’s. Enduro Veneer 4 flex 187s. Going to be used maybe 60/40 resort/backcountry.

Debating binding... they have kingpin holes 5mm from my BSL so that would work without another set of holes...

also debating Tecton, Vipec and I guess the shift.

thoughts? Stoked to get on the GPO hype!!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Obviously different strokes but I just don’t get why you wouldn’t want the standard MVP? Mine are the skinniest ski in my quiver that I actually use regularly.
    I find skis over 100 underfoot are never more than passable on groomers. I also work on my skis and therefore am not always doing what I want. I've got a quiver that already covers the ~110mm spot while there ~100mm spot is 10 years old or something and tired AF.

I'm just as perplexed by those who shunned skinny skis. I've got big skis and boy do I love my protests, but that doesn't take away my appreciation for the less girthy sticks. I also like having little to no overlap in my quiver as it makes ski choice brainless and means they all get used. As you say, different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    My pair of PJs must be an anomaly, been struggling to dial them for 2 years now. I've skied lots of skis and on paper they look great to me but honestly have not liked them at all. Build is a heavy+carbon+veneer in 3 flex, mounted on da line.

Probably start out this season with a new base grind, if I can't find the sweet spot the first couple days they'll be in gear swap.

I should say they are a fun spring bump/corn ski, expecting more out of them than that though.
    So, bizarre update but I had an incredible kumbaya moment with these skis yesterday. Started the day groomer zooming on SLs and then switched to the PJs when things started to warm up. Between killing it in chalky bumps and railing GS turns it was really a fantastic day. Haven’t done any work on them yet this season either which is what bewilders me.

Replaced old boot liners with power wraps, maybe that has something to do with it.. who knows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9723.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	309237

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    ... I also like having little to no overlap in my quiver as it makes ski choice brainless and means they all get used.
    I like this, and am moving toward this approach as well.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    Going to pull the trigger on these GPO’s. Enduro Veneer 4 flex 187s. Going to be used maybe 60/40 resort/backcountry.

Debating binding... they have kingpin holes 5mm from my BSL so that would work without another set of holes...

Do send a review, but that’s a great build.

Of the bindings your listed, I recommend shift for 60/40, tecton for 40/60
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Will keith still build a MVP -1? Isnt it all experimental shapes now?

It's still listed on his website. I guess the bigger question is if spring sale is still a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post

Can't speak for the kingpins or shifts, but I have been skiing tectons and vipecs the last few years. The tecton in particular feels almost identical to an alpine binding (or would if my AT boots were stiffer anyways). On vipecs I have occasionally knocked the heels into Tele mode while skiing bumps but that can't really happen with the tectons.

If I were you though I might try to track down some cheap kingpins on gear swap and try them out with the holes you have. Even if you ski them once and sell them at least you'll get a chance to try out the current mounting position and get some feedback on where to drill next.

Also thanks everyone for the mounting advice!

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    ... On vipecs I have occasionally knocked the heels into Tele mode while skiing bumps but that can't really happen with the tectons.
    I noticed when looking at my buddy's Tectons that the downward lever position locks the heel into ski mode. With the Vipec, a downward flip of the lever puts you into touring mode. I've also on occasion gone into insta-tele mode on my Vipecs because of this. I'm conscious of feeling/hearing the click when shifting modes.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I like this, and am moving toward this approach as well.

... Thom
    I will believe it when I see it/read it...

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post

Of the bindings your listed, I recommend shift for 60/40, tecton for 40/60
    ^^^This^^^ I actually really like my kingpins but they’re just not resort binders at all IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I will believe it when I see it/read it...
    Do I get points for close to no overlap ;-)
    Galibier Design

I game GPO, Lhasa Fat and supergoats. So much overlap

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Qs, Praxis Lhasa, 17’ C&D, 19’ C&D, Protests

Not quite sure what quiver overlap is

Lhasa Pow Fat (PMGear & Praxis), Kusala (Stiff & Soft), Koala, Billy Goat, Protest, Lotus 138.
    Wasn't supposed to buy anything this year, but couldn't resist.

Koala, Billy Goat & Protest, still need to sing for their supper.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Lhasa Pow Fat (PMGear & Praxis), Kusala (Stiff & Soft), Koala, Billy Goat, Protest, Lotus 138.
    Wasn't supposed to buy anything this year, but couldn't resist.

Koala, Billy Goat & Protest, still need to sing for their supper.
    ski some wet PNW schmoo and the goats will please you.

I have semi-overlap, and entirely too many skis.

I wish I still had my first pair of GPO I sold to Tone (RIP).