Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    went up with Grom #1 on a whim this afternoon to spin some laps at West, I was actually pleasantly surprised by the coverage.... not great by any stretch but not quite as dismal as I had expected. Crazy warm, like late spring skiing. Let's hope the forecasted rain event is as brief as possible tonight prior to snow levels dropping and the real storms hitting!

Ripping south wind driving up tonight. 65F @ 1830 in Issaquah, 61F in North Bend, 40F @ Denny Creek, 35F @ The Pass Life. Rain chasing me the whole way, but I suspect it won't be rain for long. Slopes don't sound firm at all so this dump should bond well and stack rightside up

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Ripping south wind driving up tonight. 65F @ 1830 in Issaquah, 61F in North Bend, 40F @ Denny Creek, 35F @ The Pass Life. Rain chasing me the whole way, but I suspect it won't be rain for long. Slopes don't sound firm at all so this dump should bond well and stack rightside up
    Are you saying it’s good for the base, Pipe?

If it isn't, I've got 28 grams of something sticky that should hold it together

10pm update: wet now, white tommorow? We'll just have to wait and see...
    Last edited by pipedream; 01-03-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Still raining, you should probably use your Ikon pass elsewhere tomorrow

Fuck. Time to start drinking

Mountain cams not looking good tonight. I'll be up there regardless. Forecast for the next week looks promising, so of course I have to go to Vegas for work. Hopefully my offering will pay off for you guys.

Pour one out for us at CES. Slowest start I've ever seen, house's full of lift ops who have zero interest in waking up in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    https://youtu.be/hj2dQ77O0io
    Hopefully we get a little of this soon...
    Miss all my lot 3 and 4 brothers

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    "Right on your ass, bud. Cheers!"

I'm gonna start using that one.

Now the forecast has gone to shit again. I blame premature thread ejaculation..
    Let's nuke this puppy

https://youtu.be/hj2dQ77O0io
    Hopefully we get a little of this soon...
    Miss all my lot 3 and 4 brothers

This is the second time in one of your videos that you’ve told someone downhill from you to watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This is the second time in one of your videos that you’ve told someone downhill from you to watch out.
    I'm working on it. Thanks for the feedback

I'm working on it. Thanks for the feedback

No worries, you seem like a nice guy by all accounts, just seems odd.

No worries, you seem like a nice guy by all accounts, just seems odd.
    Powder fever. Mainly I say watch out to let me people know I'm behind them but I should probably give them a little more room and more notice that I'm coming up from behind. You never know which way people are going to turn, or when...
    My mom got hit hard by an out of control skier at Whistler and I have two young kids I ski with so I'm aware of the dangers. Like I said I get a little caught up in the moment when there's a foot or more of fresh.

Some people are going to disagree with me, but I think in certain situations the downhill skier has a certain amount of responsibility for their actions, not as much as the uphill skier but some nonetheless. If I would have run into either person in the videos you're talking about I would clearly be in the wrong but sometimes it is smart and prudent to look uphill before coming to a complete stop or changing directions randomly in an unpredictable manner.
    When I ski at Jackson situational awareness is huge. People ski so fast and they are counting on you to stay in your lane so to speak. When you merge without any warning it's a recipe for disaster.
    Rant over.

Any truth to report of 25 car accident on approach road to xtal this morning? My bro said he got turned around 10mi from the lot

Powder fever. Mainly I say watch out to let me people know I'm behind them but I should probably give them a little more room and more notice that I'm coming up from behind. You never know which way people are going to turn, or when...
    My mom got hit hard by an out of control skier at Whistler and I have two young kids I ski with so I'm aware of the dangers. Like I said I get a little caught up in the moment when there's a foot or more of fresh.

Some people are going to disagree with me, but I think in certain situations the downhill skier has a certain amount of responsibility for their actions, not as much as the uphill skier but some nonetheless. If I would have run into either person in the videos you're talking about I would clearly be in the wrong but sometimes it is smart and prudent to look uphill before coming to a complete stop or changing directions randomly in an unpredictable manner.
    When I ski at Jackson situational awareness is huge. People ski so fast and they are counting on you to stay in your lane so to speak. When you merge without any warning it's a recipe for disaster.
    Rant over.

Paging oft.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Any truth to report of 25 car accident on approach road to xtal this morning? My bro said he got turned around 10mi from the lot
    Thanks Alterra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

I should probably give them a little more room and more notice that I'm coming up from behind. You never know which way people are going to turn, or when...

Not me

Rant over.

Try the biker's "on your left", or "on your right".

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Try the biker's "on your left", or "on your right".
    On a flat runout in powder where im breaking trail for the throng behind me, i would love for SirVic to come flying in on my tracks and holler "ramming speeed!!!" and give me a nice little push to help me out.

In general, the ettiquite in pow is different than ettiquite on a groomer. In pow, generally dont stand in landings (so be aware what that might be), step up above the traverse if stopping, dont sideslip-ski fall line, and all bets are out the fucking window on a rope drop or first chair on a pow day chinese downhill situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Paging oft.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I think most of us are on the same page here. Saying something along the lines of “watch out” to the downhill skier might be taken as they’re at fault. I tend to give people a really wide berth because people are unpredictable.

Usually I will say on your left/right or toe/heel side when passing.

I think most of us are on the same page here. Saying something along the lines of “watch out” to the downhill skier might be taken as they’re at fault. I tend to give people a really wide berth because people are unpredictable.

Usually I will say on your left/right or toe/heel side when passing.
    Yeah the "watch out" is what comes out by default last minute. The proper thing to do is say GTFOOMWYFGF (kidding) or say on your left/right with enough time/space for it to be helpful. Lately on crowded runs I've been tapping my poles together as a kind of warning and I find it increases ppls awareness

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0430.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	446.4 KB 
ID:	309151

Interesting message.

I doubt the lot is full at 4pm and is it chains required for all vehicles or non 4wd vehicles?

The awareness dearth in Crustal 7:30 am traffic today was plangent.
    Trombone wah-wah.
    45 minutes of sitting on SR410 by the cabin leases, 1000 feet from the boulevard junction. Dumping.

It was however worth it. Nabbed an early box (8:45) and pounded it, as well as my weak ass legs could do.

3 glorious Campbell basins (limited today to a soupy view), 3 frontsides, one tumbler crash, a bunch of laps on West Face.

Feathers and cream on crunch dust on crust sort of but with enough volume to float occasionally. Best snow yet this year for me.

Saw some of the usual ne'er do wells and miscreants, lots and lots and lots of faceshots. Managed to avoid big liftlines, stoke rolled around the usual ratholes.

Left at 1:45. full down through F lot, cops gating boulevard access.

***+/**** 3 flake plus day.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<