Page 44 of 241 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Just guessing...

Hopefully, a fatter deathwish or ghost train called "Certain Death"?

looks like I have to stop my search for past ghost trains

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Not a ton of offerings in the 116mm - sub 1750g - 25m turn radius - don’t ski like shit, category.

I’m not advocating for a flat tail, I like the rocker, just not the twin tip. Taking 2cm or so off the back end where the tip spacer is and then sealing it back up.
    I did that years ago to some Pb&js. Was my spring ski, nope didn’t need the twin. Trimmed it down sanded it and done. Worked great, didn’t have to seal it up. Looked like it was meant to be when I was done and didn’t affect how they skied one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    What's that ski all the way to the left with NO tail splay and the wood topsheets?
    Igneous FFGS from many years ago. I do get out on them from time to time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1909.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	306445

Hopped on my freshly mounted and tuned 190 Bibby Tours today. Mounted on the line with Plum Guides and skied with Vulcans.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1907.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	306446

Skied about 3 miles / 2000’ and was happy with the skiability and pow performance.

Yes, they are surfy and ski variable conditions quite well. I hit about a foot of pow, some dust on crust, and gnar forest service roads.

No, I would not want to drag these up huge vertical ascents, but for the size and weight I feel they are very user friendly (and would probably ski resort powder quite well).

Can’t wait to get them out in the side country in Hokkaido, Japan next week!

Moment Skis Discussion

Trying to decide if I should sell my 190 2017 Bibbys before I mount them and get some 184s. These aren’t necessarily filling a missing spot in my quiver, just want to see if I like them better than other skis.

Not sure if they’re going to be too long in tight CO trees and moguls which is a lot of what I ski in. Will be used in lower snow storms and couple days after.

I’m 5’9 180lbs. Love my 182 Heavy core Praxis Quixote’s for these conditions, maybe looking for something like that with a little more float. Have had/like 187cm GPOs, 187 Concepts, 186 Kartel 116s, 191 Praxis Lhasa Fats in this category. How do the Bibbys compare?

Should I keep the 190s or size down?

I have some 190cm Wildcats that I think are pretty darn easy...

I’m 6’2” 160lbs and have zero issue skiing them all day at Mary Jane sticking to trees and moguls (as a point of reference). It’s the lighter version and they are fairly whippy.

I’m actually likely going to part ways with them... just because the don’t feel like quite enough ski in a lot of situations and I tend to grab my Wren 114’s by default which are more work, but better in open terrain.

I’ve skied the 184cm a bit, it’s super super playful, but skis really short. There isn’t a context where I would prefer them over the 190cm.

If anyone wants some Blister Pro’s (with the blue graphic) with a single mount for STH at 306mm let me know. Super solid ski... I just have 5x skis in above 114mm and nothing below which I’m trying to finally shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Trying to decide if I should sell my 190 2017 Bibbys before I mount them and get some 184s. These aren’t necessarily filling a missing spot in my quiver, just want to see if I like them better than other skis.

Not sure if they’re going to be too long in tight CO trees and moguls which is a lot of what I ski in. Will be used in lower snow storms and couple days after.

I’m 5’9 180lbs. Love my 182 Heavy core Praxis Quixote’s for these conditions, maybe looking for something like that with a little more float. Have had/like 187cm GPOs, 187 Concepts, 186 Kartel 116s, 191 Praxis Lhasa Fats in this category. How do the Bibbys compare?

Should I keep the 190s or size down?

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I have some 190cm Wildcats that I think are pretty darn easy...

I’m 6’2” 160lbs and have zero issue skiing them all day at Mary Jane sticking to trees and moguls (as a point of reference). It’s the lighter version and they are fairly whippy.

I’m actually likely going to part ways with them... just because the don’t feel like quite enough ski in a lot of situations and I tend to grab my Wren 114’s by default which are more work, but better in open terrain.

I’ve skied the 184cm a bit, it’s super super playful, but skis really short. There isn’t a context where I would prefer them over the 190cm.

If anyone wants some Blister Pro’s (with the blue graphic) with a single mount for STH at 306mm let me know. Super solid ski... I just have 5x skis in above 114mm and nothing below which I’m trying to finally shift.
    Interested in the blisters. 190 I’m guessing. Condition? Cheers

PM’d you.

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    Interested in the blisters. 190 I’m guessing. Condition? Cheers

Anyone with time on both want to A/B the WC108 vs DW as a daily driver for a 2-ski quiver - with the other ski being a deep-day ski? So even for low-tide icy days this would be the ski I'm on.

Aside from the obvious dimensional differences...

On firm days, does the little-bit-narrower waist on the WC win out, or does the DW triple camber grippy benefit offset that?

I've spent time on the older DW but wanted a little more top end (because I am fat not because I am rad or fast)...maybe the new core gives that?

What else?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Anyone with time on both want to A/B the WC108 vs DW as a daily driver for a 2-ski quiver - with the other ski being a deep-day ski? So even for low-tide icy days this would be the ski I'm on.
    Caveat: I was on the original 184 Deathwish, and now have the 190 WC108. The Deathwish is still my rock ski, but I don't ski it that often.

Deathwish is a bit smearier, and the softer the conditions, the more I prefer it (although the WC108 does impressively well in pow). WC108 is better on groomers; its more inclined to properly set an edge, and it's easier to load up the ski (although the Deathwish is no slouch on groomers, and it actually feels like it has a slightly longer running length). The more dry / scraped off the conditions, the more I prefer the WC108.

If I had a one ski quiver, there's a pretty good chance it'd be a Deathwish. But for a 2 ski quiver, I think the WC108 + pow ski is better, at least for me at my local resort. If I lived somewhere that just had butt-tons of pow all the time, I might rethink that.

I think the new core gives a noticeable increase in top end compared to older versions. I'm on a 190. I like the DW more than the WC108 in the soft snow. I have a 2 ski quiver now thanks to the DW and not needing other skis that it has the bases covered. I really like the wc108 just like the dw more.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I think the new core gives a noticeable increase in top end compared to older versions. I'm on a 190. I like the DW more than the WC108 in the soft snow. I have a 2 ski quiver now thanks to the DW and not needing other skis that it has the bases covered. I really like the wc108 just like the dw more.
    Thanks! What's the other ski in your 2-ski quiver?

I have the Meridian 117. I'm hoping the Ghost Train is re released soon...

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Not a ton of offerings in the 116mm - sub 1750g - 25m turn radius - don’t ski like shit, category.

I’m not advocating for a flat tail, I like the rocker, just not the twin tip. Taking 2cm or so off the back end where the tip spacer is and then sealing it back up.
    Do it then! I see no good reason not to lop a bit off, but I'm super curious why you'd want to.

Moment Skis Discussion

RE Naners: Wish I’d of bought 2 pair, certainly hope this isn’t the last release, these skis are the FN shit!!! Will seriously kick your ass
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    RE Naners: Wish I’d of bought 2 pair, certainly hope this isn’t the last release, these skis are the FN shit!!! Will seriously kick your ass
    Details yo!
    Kick your ass in what kinda way?

Moment Skis Discussion

In a great way! Stiff A F! Definitely stiffest sticks I own. Ski from the foot (which I absolutely love) but need a ton of shin pressure, if you’re not over your knees these monsters throw you on their very unforgiving tails in a hurry. They slash and pivot faster than any ski I’ve ever been on and then beg to be driven fuckin hard, transitions from slash to arc are seamless if you put the work in. In the softer, super effortless and that burl ass tail will NOT let you down. Ski stoopid short, my 193’s ski waaaay shorter than my 187 Concepts but you can pressure into them and trust them through the shit like a full on 193. Just ridiculously fun but they will very much work you if you don’t work them, just fuckin phenomenally fun!!

I am really regretting not buying a pair...

Glad they’re awesome. I’ve wanted them to build a ski like that for years.

In a great way! Stiff A F! Definitely stiffest sticks I own. Ski from the foot (which I absolutely love) but need a ton of shin pressure, if you’re not over your knees these monsters throw you on their very unforgiving tails in a hurry. They slash and pivot faster than any ski I’ve ever been on and then beg to be driven fuckin hard, transitions from slash to arc are seamless if you put the work in. In the softer, super effortless and that burl ass tail will NOT let you down. Ski stoopid short, my 193’s ski waaaay shorter than my 187 Concepts but you can pressure into them and trust them through the shit like a full on 193. Just ridiculously fun but they will very much work you if you don’t work them, just fuckin phenomenally fun!!

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I’ve wanted them to build a ski like that for years.
    Exactly why I had to pull that trigger, been looking for a fully rockered ski just like this for years, definitely paid off!

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    So Melee....what were you guys testing up at Squaw this weekend?

Saw something with deathwish topsheets but whatever it was looked mighty fat-waisted....

Ever since I watched the new Pollard flick 'Drawn From Here' I have been missing the super fat soft skis we made back in the day....

That ski was a proto and we just threw an old Deathwish topsheet on it we had laying around. The proto is nothing like a Deathwish.

Not sure if the ski will ever become a ski in the lineup but it sure was fun. I'll be on V2 over the holidays at Squaw and Alpine. If you see me out there again let me know and you can jump on some protos. We typically have 8-12 protos in the back of my truck this time of year...

If anyone jumps on some protos over the holidays with Melee, let me know at max@momentskis.com so I can get some feedback from ya for future iterations.

Good words! Thanks for the details!

Fukya. I had to pull that trigger too
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191115_063723.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	306807
    Thanks for working with me Melee to make these happen. I know it was a pain in the ass!

You guys in a big MOMENT Sprinter or something? Think I've seen one before at Squaw.

WIll probably order a CB in 193 the next time there's a run. Been wanting a stiff fully rockered pow ski for a while, and the Banana sounds like the real deal. Thanks for the quick review eskido. Have you skied a Renegade?

I'm skiing the DW this season after 5 seasons on Bibbys and 1 (last year) on the PB&J. DW is a fun ski, but need to get more time on it... Right now, I think I'll probably unload my PB&Js, because I'm not sure when I'd ever ski them!
    sproing!