Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Outdoor master pro are on special again, even cheaper this year.
    Don't stall, one never knows how long the deal will last.
    Also, I'd suggest buying all the quantities you want in one order. Last year the code only worked once or twice - so if you had remorse later and went to buy more, you couldn't.

https://www.amazon.com/OutdoorMaster...s%2C198&sr=8-4

Use code 8NOYDQ7X

Price with code: $18.80

I haven't tried all combinations, but the ones I did try got the discount.
    Finally, it's better to buy two/multiple pairs of complete goggles rather than a separate lens.
    Props from one Greg to another, sincere thanks for this. I'm jumping on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Definitly Not as big as iox

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Dammit. Ordered one anyway, worth a punt for an emergency set of goggles at $18.80
    Oh. Well they're huge to my medium sized head.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Wife’s arrived today and i was able to sneak out in the garage with them and check them out real quick as she has been home all day. I’m going to guess they are the same fit as the io7. Didn’t get to look them over real close but seemed like quality frames and foam.

Had a few pairs delivered today, and I agree with the general consensus here. Not as big as the iOX, but similar fit as the i07. They feel very high quality, fit and finish on the lenses are fantastic, and the foam is comfortable. I've paid five times as much for goggles and been disappointed. At $19, these are hard to beat. Nice accessories come with them too; a soft case and a hard case.

I'm not quite in skiing shape yet, but I'll update this thread when I'm actually able to take them out.

Sincere thank you to Greg.

Latest code is dead, but flash sale on gold lens. Missed the last deal but picked up a pair of the gold for my kids. Bummed I missed a deal on the clear lens.

I got three pair of these last season, 5 or 6 lenses of various shades. They have served me well but I did gouge the shit out of one lens, so that I ended up tossing it. It was a freezing fog day where I was constantly wiping the goggle hard with my glove. I remember thinking it was weird that leather could take a chunk out of a lens like that.

Just ordered the Zionor light orange. Guess we'll see!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

My friends at Oakley and Giro tell me these China direct googles do not protect your eyes from intense mountain sunlight. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    My friends at Oakley and Giro tell me these China direct googles do not protect your eyes from intense mountain sunlight. YMMV.
    Do your "friends" have any explanation as to what they don't "protect" you from? Polycarbonate lenses block virtually all UV. [The only sunlight threat, provided you're using an appropriate VLT lens.]

IMO your Oakley/Giro friends are really misinformed, have boat payments to make, or have access to the same "science" flat-earthers use.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Do your "friends" have any explanation as to what they don't "protect" you from? Polycarbonate lenses block virtually all UV. [The only sunlight threat, provided you're using an appropriate VLT lens.]

IMO your Oakley/Giro friends are really misinformed, have boat payments to make, or have access to the same "science" flat-earthers use.
    Maybe his friend is talbash, word is he has hundreds.
    Pretty sure his “friends” push a broom or shuffle mail since nobody with any idea on goggle lens technology would use that terminology. Lol.

Well guys, I did say YMMV.

Besides, whatever happened to fashion? And my friends at Oakley and Giro are super knowledgeable eyewear people. Tints. Foams. You name it...

Oakley and Giro are fashionable?

I guess if you're a bike cop...

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Oakley and Giro are fashionable?

I guess if you're a bike cop...

You know you’re in trouble if you are apres skiing at the Mangy Moose with Zionor goggles around your neck and the bike cop patrolling the parking lot outside is more stylish than you are.

Name:  94744B5A-E185-4A76-AE9E-5E51A7D4C2AB.jpeg
Views: 513
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  A0DF4114-E675-4E1A-9E8B-A64B87A18B29.jpeg
Views: 521
Size:  61.6 KB

If I skied 5 times a year I'd take the risk and use cheap Chinese goggles. If I skied 25 times a year I'd pay for quality eye protection. Cataracts and night or flat light skiing suck.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Well guys, I did say YMMV.

Besides, whatever happened to fashion? And my friends at Oakley and Giro are super knowledgeable eyewear people. Tints. Foams. You name it...
    and want to keep you buying what they consider is a superior product when you can actually get one way cheaper. Pretty sure the markup on Oakley is like 200%.

Quality costs money. But skiers are risk takers so go for it.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and want to keep you buying what they consider is a superior product when you can actually get one way cheaper. Pretty sure the markup on Oakley is like 200%.
    Are you suggesting my friends at Oakley and Giro are trying to pull the wool over my eyes? Doubtful.

Look, since you all are TGR locs, I can only assume you are also avid readers of Winterbadass.com. Thought so...

Check out what they have to say about off brand products. What are the pros using on your local slope?

Are you suggesting my friends at Oakley and Giro are trying to pull the wool over my eyes? Doubtful.

Look, since you all are TGR locs, I can only assume you are also avid readers of Winterbadass.com. Thought so...

Check out what they have to say about off brand products. What are the pros using on your local slope?
    Are you a troll, or insane? [Why not both, I guess.]
    Look, if I wanted to look "Cool", I'd probably do a whole host of shit different. But like guys who ride with aero-bars, carbon tri-spoke wheels, and the latest bling, but die on the first climb - well, I'd honestly rather ski like a bad-ass then just *look* like one, while doing jack-nothing.

If looks are your thing then buy Giro/Oakley.
    Frankly I can't tell much difference anyway. But if it's worth $180+ to you, go ahead.
    [Below; $19 OM, vs $210 Oakley Flight Deck]

I'll try to be nice about it, but there's an cheeto-orange hued guy in DC that reminds me a lot of that kind of mindset. [And it would be hard to convey how much contempt I have for that kind of attitude.]

Memba when TGR was a reliable source of good irony and people moved last year's beacon batteries to the sarcasm detector every spring? I memba.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Memba when TGR was a reliable source of good irony and people moved last year's beacon batteries to the sarcasm detector every spring? I memba.
    I do.

Pretty fast shipping too!

I'm suggesting Oakley Smith giro etc are all full of shit and aren't making "magic" lens' they are marketing.

If the optics on are good and they don't shatter plastic into your eyes on impact it's well worth any tradeoff. The ease at which Oakley's scratch is mindbending. For something you know will take abuse, get scratched inevitably, go for cost, not looks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

"I HAVE NO EVIDENCE OR TRAINING TO ARGUE AGAINST EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD. BUT I DON'T LIKE THEIR ANSWERS SO I'LL STILL PUT THEM DOWN AS BEING FULL OF SHIT"

Working in a field that regularly deals with Chinese manufacturing and having experimented with cheap optical stuff, yeah there is a trade off when prices dip that much.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

I bought a pair of the clear lens ones when they were on sale because I lack clear lens. Look good to me. First magnet goggles. Went back to buy another pair I do not need and fortunately up to regular price. Glad for the link, needed the clear lens and I think I will look for magnets in the future, because magnets

That is a pretty badass sight and probably definitive

Pretty sure any polycarbonate lens blocks the UV spectrum. All of the cheap Amazon goggles I've seen are polycarbonate lenses.

I'm 99% sure the cheap Amazon goggles are identical to some brand name goggles, minus the branding and quality control (which means sometimes there's optical defects in the lens, but it won't make any difference for protecting your eyes).

It's worth noting that that's different than the cheap, generic sunglasses that have plastic (not polycarbonate) lenses that don't necessarily block UV light.