Page 37 of 262 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    WWMD?
    Best advice given so far is KQ's.

Divorced November 6th... she moved to where she didn't want to be with me 23 years 10 months ago. Taking her away from her 60 first cousins. It was all downhill from there.

Consider the cash burnt for the 20 season as a retainer for her consideration on canuckistan. It's really your only shot at a happy wife - happy life.

New Rugrat potential is a variable only you can put your finger on.
    ​I am not in your hurry

That's tough situation no doubt. The only think I can say is that you really shouldn't do anything drastic. I like the "lets rent and see" option. I think renting in canada for a period where the quick travel option for her isnt' available, would be reasonable, and a good way for you personally to see if you want to be that far away from your kids as well. BTW I gotta think with 35 years in one house, you got a shitton of doings coming to get it ready for rental.
    "Can't you see..."

We have been in ours for 19.5. I shudder to think of what it will be like after 35. Nuke from orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Best advice given so far is KQ's.

Same old, same old. That's usually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sounds like you're going to have to let her come to her own conclusion. Try it her way first otherwise every time she feels unhappy about your living situation she'll think "if we'd done it my way....."
    Yup, you're right. I have let her have her way for 35 years, so why expect any changes. Gotta say though, sometimes I understand why people my age are getting divorced more than any other age group. I mean, I love her to death and that is why I try to keep her happy, but jeezuz. O well, many people have bigger problems than me. I'll live and thanks for the replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    BTW I gotta think with 35 years in one house, you got a shitton of doings coming to get it ready for rental.
    Not really. I am always doing work around here to keep the house looking like a HGTV home. If I can't do it I hire the job out. Biggest job would be to have a trash bin delivered and just empty out the garage and attic. I think I will be doing that in the Spring regardless.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

<snip> Biggest job would be to have a trash bin delivered and just empty out the garage and attic. I think I will be doing that in the Spring regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    We have been in ours for 19.5. I shudder to think of what it will be like after 35. Nuke from orbit.
    Well at least it’s mostly your skin in the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yup, you're right. I have let her have her way for 35 years, so why expect any changes. Gotta say though, sometimes I understand why people my age are getting divorced more than any other age group. I mean, I love her to death and that is why I try to keep her happy, but jeezuz. O well, many people have bigger problems than me. I'll live and thanks for the replies.
    Just start planning your own travel adventures and go by yourself. That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    Just start planning your own travel adventures and go by yourself. That's probably what I'll end up doing.
    Try this: Once when I was invited on a boys trip, I hemmed and hawed about the expense and time gone from work, etc. My wife's response: "Just go!! You are so much easier to live with after you go on these trips. Jeez!"

She goes on girls trips all of the time to places I have zero interest in going. I go on boys trips she has no interest. It's win-win.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Try this: Once when I was invited on a boys trip, I hemmed and hawed about the expense and time gone from work, etc. My wife's response: "Just go!! You are so much easier to live with after you go these trips. Jeez!"

She goes on girls trips all of the time to places I have zero interest going. I go on boys trips she has no interest. It's win-win.
    This.

Just make sure to go on some joint trips that you both have interest in going on... for the sake of the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    This is what my wife tells me to do and what I have done for years. Thing is, I do miss her and the dogs while gone, so I guess I will have to be happy with her suggestion for winter 2020. It could be much worse.

This is what my wife tells me to do and what I have done for years. Thing is, I do miss her and the dogs while gone
    HTFU, Nancy.

O well, many people have bigger problems than me. I'll live and thanks for the replies.
    $2M house on Coronado. Yeah, your problem ranks significantly low in the first world problems scale.

I'll happily house swap you if you want to come to ski country.

I was gonna quote liv2ski but scared shittles beat me to it.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    HTFU, Nancy.
    I had to look that up. Thanks, I laughed and ya, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    $2M house on Coronado. Yeah, your problem ranks significantly low in the first world problems scale.

I'll happily house swap you if you want to come to ski country.
    I love Ogden. It has been years since I was last there, but I can tell you, if your home has the old time charm that Meatdrink's does, deal. And you will be really disappointed by what $2M buys you in Coronado.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sounds like you're going to have to let her come to her own conclusion. Try it her way first otherwise every time she feels unhappy about your living situation she'll think "if we'd done it my way....."
    he did it her way for 30 years first, now he has to do her compromise/suggestion staying in CA. Isn't marriage grand?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    he did it her way for 30 years first, now he has to do her compromise/suggestion staying in CA. Isn't marriage grand?
    I am bored on a rainy day, so let me address that and realize this is only my reality, yours may be entirely different. About 25 years ago we almost got divorced. Coming from that situation myself as a child, I did not want that to be my children's life and I was willing to do anything to avoid it. It was suggested to me that I was a controlling prick to live with, so I decided to do a 180 and over time, I won my wife's trust and love back. For me, the many compromises were worth it, but I will still bitch a bit at times. YRMV

It was suggested to me that I was a controlling prick to live with...
    Ha, that's a nice way to put it. Was it suggested to you at high volume? It's been suggested to me too...

Here's a good one from last night.

GF is preparing stuff for her taxes (late of course) and I guess the accountant asked for work related mileage, in a spreadsheet.

I knew her computer knowledge is limited, to say the least. She was filling out cells in Excel, no headers of course, but was entering what would be Beginning Mileage, Ending Mileage and Total Mileage driven.

She didn't understand that Excel does the math for you - she was calculating the distances on paper and entering them manually.

She got a pretty involved spreadsheet lesson last night.

Eye opening for both of us.

^ yikes

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Ha, that's a nice way to put it. Was it suggested to you at high volume? It's been suggested to me too...
    Let's just say that while Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole, I was. At a high volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Here's a good one from last night.

GF is preparing stuff for her taxes (late of course) and I guess the accountant asked for work related mileage, in a spreadsheet.

I knew her computer knowledge is limited, to say the least. She was filling out cells in Excel, no headers of course, but was entering what would be Beginning Mileage, Ending Mileage and Total Mileage driven.

She didn't understand that Excel does the math for you - she was calculating the distances on paper and entering them manually.

She got a pretty involved spreadsheet lesson last night.

Eye opening for both of us.
    That’s cute, your girlfriend isn’t familiar with excel formulas.

But can she load a dishwasher?

Just now my wife texted me that we have a leak seeping out of the wall and pooling on the kitchen counter. Fuck! There are no pipes behind the wall so totally baffled, it’s a south facing wall and it’s been sunny so no ice dams in the gutters etc. Search plumbers made a few calls and had her send me a picture. In the picture I notice a watermelon sitting on the counter.

Ummm Hun, is it the watermelon leaking?

Jesus Herculean Christ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59700282962__B211A257-5566-4CAC-8555-26E82BA53645.jpeg 
Views:	264 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	304498