Page 291 of 593 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 14818
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Yup.

Sweet! That sounds like a proper 2-ski one two punch quiver for a snow rich location Remember seeing the C&Ds on ON3P's Insta. Awesome graphic choice for an awesome ski - and likewise with the woods108s. I really like this year's Jeffsy graphics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1496.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	300680
    Uno mas

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I really wish I could decide on a Jeffrey 96, 108 or a Woodsman 116.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdalpra View Post
    I really wish I could decide on a Jeffrey 96, 108 or a Woodsman 116.
    Get the Jeffrey 108.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Get the Jeffrey 108.
    I should return my new Wildcat 108 and swap it for a 116 and pick up the Jeffrey 108. Thank for for getting me to think straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely buying a Billy Goat, but what else should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by TGRBadass View Post
    Definitely buying a Billy Goat, but what else should I get?
    Rax...definitely Rax Skis. That's the ski for badasses!

If anyone is interested in some 191 Wren 114s
    https://anchorage.craigslist.org/spo...009172205.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

187 cat camo woodsman 108s on the way, can't wait!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Moooooaaarrrr tips

Name:	IMG_3579.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	300953

All together now
    165 - J108 | 189 - BG | 189 - Great Scotts

Name:	IMG_3574.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	300954

Rocker / camber pics

Name:	IMG_3583.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	300955

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    189 - Great Scotts

I'll be interested to hear how/when you choose the C&D over BG or vice-versa.

They appear to have identical rocker profiles, how does the flex profile compare? I would imagine they're very similar due to the added surface area/mass of the C&D despite the "tour" layup.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Shhhhh don’t tell BC.com

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I'll be interested to hear how/when you choose the C&D over BG or vice-versa.

They appear to have identical rocker profiles, how does the flex profile compare? I would imagine they're very similar due to the added surface area/mass of the C&D despite the "tour" layup.
    Underfoot and behind heel yes, they flex almost identically.

It’s the flex profile right in front of the toe and towards the tip where you notice the difference. The C&D is not soft by any means but just very round — exactly what I want in a pow stick. They should plane very well.

From my experience that pintail shape on the BG helps the tails settle down into the snow which by virtue helps the tip plane but I suspect the C&D will pop up quickly and have the whole ski above the snow vs in the snow.

Agreed — this year will be an experiment to see if there is room in the quiver for both. honestly though — I can’t see traveling without the goat as a one ski quiver. It just slays all conditions. So I think my answer is yes — room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Agreed — this year will be an experiment to see if there is room in the quiver for both. honestly though — I can’t see traveling without the goat as a one ski quiver. It just slays all conditions. So I think my answer is yes — room for both.
    ]
    The real question is which one is going to Japan with you!

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    The real question is which one is going to Japan with you!
    Ha! Well purchased the C&Ds under the guise of “needing pow skis for Japan”. So those are currently slotted.

But might slip the goats in the bag because they have inserts.

From my experience that pintail shape on the BG helps the tails settle down into the snow which by virtue helps the tip plane but I suspect the C&D will pop up quickly and have the whole ski above the snow vs in the snow.”

Last year, on a banner pow day at Whistler (waist deep), even the C&D’s didn’t stay totally above snow. Certainly plane higher than my BG’s and don’t “plow” at all (like the BG’s do in certain low-angle situations). They’re amazing and very controllable in deep snow; but I was a little surprised that they didn’t simply “float” above the pow. It was super-light, dry pow. I expected to just float above, but found myself “in” it a bit more than I had thought would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    From my experience that pintail shape on the BG helps the tails settle down into the snow which by virtue helps the tip plane but I suspect the C&D will pop up quickly and have the whole ski above the snow vs in the snow.”

Last year, on a banner pow day at Whistler (waist deep), even the C&D’s didn’t stay totally above snow. Certainly plane higher than my BG’s and don’t “plow” at all (like the BG’s do in certain low-angle situations). They’re amazing and very controllable in deep snow; but I was a little surprised that they didn’t simply “float” above the pow. It was super-light, dry pow. I expected to just float above, but found myself “in” it a bit more than I had thought would happen.
    Maybe you're skiing too slowly.

Maybe you're skiing too slowly.

indeed! the solution = go faster!

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    indeed! the solution = go faster!
    Always worked for me.

Higher density snow plays to the strengths of the RES. IME

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Higher density snow plays to the strengths of the RES. IME
    Yes it does. Coastal weaponry.

Troof..

This has probably been discussed before, but are the Steeple 102s a good idea for midwinter touring in the PNW? They seem a bit on the narrow side (128-102-112); how does skinny + RES work? I am generally on Huascarans (134-112-123), and I am interested in a little more charginess and better firm snow performance, but don't want to give up too much float or skintrack purchase. I have Lotus 138s for very very deep days, and ZeroG 85s for corn/mountaineering season.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    This has probably been discussed before, but are the Steeple 102s a good idea for midwinter touring in the PNW? They seem a bit on the narrow side (128-102-112); how does skinny + RES work? I am generally on Huascarans (134-112-123), and I am interested in a little more charginess and better firm snow performance, but don't want to give up too much float or skintrack purchase. I have Lotus 138s for very very deep days, and ZeroG 85s for corn/mountaineering season.
    I had a set and sold them.

I thought they gave up too much edge on firm due to deep rocker, yet didn't float well due to width... an odd middle ground. And they were heavy, but that goes with the territory of dense core material.

I'll buy a set of ON3P touring skis again when they build them as such:

3/4 length bamboo stringers vertically laminated with pawlonia comprising 70% by volume. Carbon and glass layup as before. Flat camber. 3 width classes, say, 95/105/115 and rocker lines increasing according to width. RES for the two wider ones, bi-radius for the 95.

1800g for the 115.

A guy can hope, right????

I had a set and sold them.

I thought they gave up too much edge on firm due to deep rocker, yet didn't float well due to width... an odd middle ground. And they were heavy, but that goes with the territory of dense core material.

I'll buy a set of ON3P touring skis again when they build them as such:

3/4 length bamboo stringers vertically laminated with pawlonia comprising 70% by volume. Carbon and glass layup as before. Flat camber. 3 width classes, say, 95/105/115 and rocker lines increasing according to width. RES for the two wider ones, bi-radius for the 95.

1800g for the 115.

A guy can hope, right????
    I thought the 102 was one of the more dialed shapes, but I’ve been a huge fan of RES and I ski coastal snowpack (aka wetpack). No means a piste ski, but I found that I usually walked out of my speed rads before the ski let me down. I ended up skiing them more in Japan than my 191 BG Tours, not bad pow skis. Not especially light. Keep your fingers crossed on hybrid cores.

Real benefit of the RES on the 102 was in that super shitty windscour and crusts in the BC. Hook free zipper crust rippin was fun.