Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w3kWqvj.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	293071

destructive devices loaded and ready for havoc
    watch out for snakes

Sick set up Scotty! Going for sum trail worx?

Eventually, got the front rack today and after a bit of backyard mechanic installation work I wanted to test the load up.
    watch out for snakes

Cool. Next years goal is to get a commuter/cargo set up. Shouldve been first, but hey toyzz

So many interesting ebikes these days.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Cool. Next years goal is to get a commuter/cargo set up. Shouldve been first, but hey toyzz

Long tail cargo shopping here for the fam. It's gonna be fun.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

@Steveski - Take a look at the Benno bikes mentioned earlier in the thread. They are really nice bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    @Steveski - Take a look at the Benno bikes mentioned earlier in the thread. They are really nice bikes.
    Will do, thanks.

Thinking Radwagon currently. It meets alot of my criteria and is so much more cost effective than most other options. I'd prefer a steel frame over aluminum, but I can live with aluminum.

Also hub motor vs mid drive conundrum but I think the hub motor will be a good match for my area and intended use.

I was just wondering if anyone in here had thoughts on Rad Bikes. Price points are impressive. Would love to have an E cargo bike.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Be interested to hear what you guys get. Im all over the map changing my mind between commuter(w racks), cargo or diy.
    Hoping we get more posts on peoples bikes and what and how theyre using them. Be cool to have a mid drive cargo hauler with the double batteries and do a spring ski trip(fuck it- did i say dbl battery? I meant quad batteries). Batteries would cost more than my regular mtb

Be interested to hear what you guys get. Im all over the map changing my mind between commuter(w racks), cargo or diy.
    Hoping we get more posts on peoples bikes and what and how theyre using them. Be cool to have a mid drive cargo hauler with the double batteries and do a spring ski trip(fuck it- did i say dbl battery? I meant quad batteries). Batteries would cost more than my regular mtb

I've been thinking about this too. I just got the missus an emtb and selling her Trekker. My thought is the Mtn Bike with different wheelsets is super versitle and will serve a multitude of uses. More comfy, lockouts, great brakes, etc.... There are some pretty nice trailers (some folding) that can attach to the thru bolt for hauling stuff. The weight isnt a concern if you have a bike with one of the larger batts. Having multi e-bikes brings having to manage multiple chargers, batteries etc.
    Its all a pain in the ass - besides being expensive. Just my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone in here had thoughts on Rad Bikes. Price points are impressive. Would love to have an E cargo bike.
    Those look cool and the price point is hard to beat. I'm no expert, but I think that the hub drives are just less durable and not as powerful but I could be wrong. We bought the Benno boost for more than twice the price for the quality, but I can't say I haven't thought about trading it in for two of the Rads.

I've been riding my wife's Benno Boost when she isn't. I got about 35 miles out of it on turbo the whole time commuting to-from work. It is heavy, we have the biggest rack they make on it, and we are actually switching it for a smaller rack so mileage might be improved. When riding it with the motor on, I don't even notice the weight. It carries really nice. Battery died the other night and it was a beast though.
    The build quality of the frame seems really nice. Everything just works so far. I'm guessing the shifter and derailleur are the weakest points. Shifting can be a little sloppy. Brakes are good though, even with a ton of weight. Fenders, racks, bags, tires/wheels, all seem of good quality and are Benno branded, although made by someone else. They are pretty nice, feels like a nice german automobile or something.
    The bike is pretty comfortable to ride too, although I'm not used to the whole upright, cruiser with curvy bars and a big cushion seat. I think I'm a little big for the frame (6'2") but it suffices for cruising around town.
    The Bosch Performance CX motor is pretty sweet, good enough power (for class 1), super smooth engagement, no jerking or anything. You hardly know it is helping you until you realize you are going 20mph for very little effort. My ride to work has been a pretty rolling cruise with a few longer (100 yd) climbs and the motor just seems to smooth it all out a little more. It isn't really groundbreaking or anything, I think I get to work in about the same amount of time as on my roadie, just with less sweat or effort.

Best part is passing lycra roadies who think they are in the TDF on a cargo bike with a hudge rack. It's funny how disgruntled some people get when I'm just cruising to work at a mellow pace doing nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    I've been thinking about this too. I just got the missus an emtb and selling her Trekker. My thought is the Mtn Bike with different wheelsets is super versitle and will serve a multitude of uses. More comfy, lockouts, great brakes, etc.... There are some pretty nice trailers (some folding) that can attach to the thru bolt for hauling stuff. The weight isnt a concern if you have a bike with one of the larger batts. Having multi e-bikes brings having to manage multiple chargers, batteries etc.
    Its all a pain in the ass - besides being expensive. Just my 2cents.
    I want to do this but i think my emtb is a little too flashy to be locking up outside the grocery store. Ideally id like something with thr same motor and battery. Same battrry is a possibility but my decoy has a yt proprietary battery. I think the stealth utilitarian look is the way to go

I want to do this but i think my emtb is a little too flashy to be locking up outside the grocery store. Ideally id like something with thr same motor and battery. Same battrry is a possibility but my decoy has a yt proprietary battery. I think the stealth utilitarian look is the way to go

Maybe Guerrilla Gravity will start making ebikes. Just swap the rear triangle and you could have different bikes without having to buy a new motor or battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Maybe Guerrilla Gravity will start making ebikes. Just swap the rear triangle and you could have different bikes without having to buy a new motor or battery.
    Theyd be my pick . Hoping to have one of their bikes as is. Numbers fit me well

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I like the Remote Control better but price is still up there.

https://www.konaworld.com/2019/remote_ctrl.cfm

Could not find the weight any where on the website.
    Just picked up the remote. The remote control looked like fun but pricey if you include the divorce to go with that bike!
    Hoping for a multitude of uses my other bikes don’t cover. Commuter and ranch/vineyard transport to use instead of 2500 chevy truck. Also quick rides from my house with no driving, 1-1.5k vert 5-7 mi 20-30 minute laps on logging roads/gravel etc. Trail work days and occasional beer restock at top of our favorite local spot. Also been taking the kiddo and dog out for fun quick laps around our 40 acres.

Anyway only on 2nd charge and it harvest and I make wine so for next several weeks its a commuter with lunch, dry change of clothes etc, way funner way to get to work! 52 or 53 lbs out of box with rack. Local riding buddy and bike shop owner loves his kona big honzo 27.5+ so much for out here he just got the 2020 carbon one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0347.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	293311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0345.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	293312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0353.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	293313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0342.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	293314
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Overall they seem like an excellent value for the price. Lots of info and discussion here: https://electricbikereview.com/forum...d-power-bikes/

Overall a solid base platform and the cheapest quality e bikes available in my opinion. Obviously some might have a different opinion of quality but for a commuter seeing mostly pavement they are adequate.

My Nomad is a direct copy, made in the same factory, as the RAD. They even went with the name BAM, probably why they got a C&D court order slapped on them. Any who, it is a nice well made and capable Ebike IMHO. It would be better for trail riding if the head tube was slacker but overall I am impressed with my ride. RAD is the best bang for the buck out there in Ebikes.

Its a heavier bike and is hub drive which works fine. Its not a full on trail bike but that means it works well for many other things. The 7 speed system provides plenty of gears to do what needs done. Brakes could be a bit stronger but function properly. I had to go with a 3/4" set back seat post with a Brooks B17 for my size and better grips. The front and rear racks give it max cargo capacity for a regular bike lay out on 4.0" fat tires. The spring front fork is adequate although I had to go full preload for my 200+ lbs weight. My bottom bracket needed some adjustment initially but is fine now.

I have put more miles on it than any of my other bikes this year, which is not saying much but it has gotten me out a lot more so that is a win.

Someone was looking at cargo bikes?

watch out for snakes

So I created a monster. Threw a Bafang BBSHD on a Salsa Mukluk with 4.6" tires. The thing is a beast, does 20MPH uphill no problem, without pedaling, it has a throttle. Almost too powerful, pedaling feels completely unnecessary. I might have to derate it to protect components and make it semi-legal for the bike path. This thing is gonna crush some backcountry roads and frozen lakes this winter.

Name:  IMG_1272.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  120.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1276.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  95.8 KB

Sweet!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    So I created a monster. Threw a Bafang BBSHD on a Salsa Mukluk with 4.6" tires. The thing is a beast, does 20MPH uphill no problem, without pedaling, it has a throttle. Almost too powerful, pedaling feels completely unnecessary. I might have to derate it to protect components and make it semi-legal for the bike path. This thing is gonna crush some backcountry roads and frozen lakes this winter.

Name:  IMG_1272.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  120.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1276.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  95.8 KB
    That thing is awesome! Was everything straightforward with the BBSHD install?

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    That thing is awesome! Was everything straightforward with the BBSHD install?
    For the most part yes. Had to add some spacers to get it off the chain stay, then other spacers to line up the BB anchor plate. Chainline isn't great, and "Q factor" is a little off but not terrible but I'll work on it when I can find an offset crank arm. Runs without those, but I'm kind of a perfectionist with that stuff. I also have some chain tensioners on order because it definitely seems to want to yank it out of alignment on the horizontal dropouts. Also getting a frame bag to hide the battery, and some heat shrink tape for all of the cables to make it a little more stealthy.

I feel like I learned a lot, and I could easily throw one of these on a regular non-fat bike in a few hours. These Bafang motors are pretty badass. I think a BBSO2 on an old rigid bike would be killer for getting around.
    Last edited by ULLRismyco-pilot; 09-10-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Just coming to post that. Looks amazing. They really sweated the details(full bottle, battery capacity and possible extender) and amazing geo 63.5 , 77SA, crazy good standover and long dropper fit. Couldnt find the weights or if tye in tube battery is removeable