Page 1145 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 ... LastLast
Results 28,601 to 28,625 of 41265
    4 consecutive nights of of mid to low 20s ought to lock things up...I'm also hopeful that even w/ "an inch or less" each forecast period there are some soft, blown in spots. Or, dust on massive coral reefs.

Seems to me that the later the snow pack the greater the risk that a legit heat wave in early June produces some significant flooding rises. Obviously great for boaters, but I recall last time we had anywhere near this good a year that Georgetown (as one example) almost got blown out w/ runoff!

Lastly, wondering if Independence will open for Memorial....I'm sure I can google my way to some kind of answer, but then what would you all do w/ yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

I agree with your assessment on pitch. I think it was Brittany and Frank's book that said 40 degree average with max 48.

Edit: 40 and 48 are from the Kedrowski book.
    Damn dude, I was like "what did we say?"

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Damn dude, I was like "what did we say?"
    Sorry about that. Should have assumed Kedrowski was the one to exaggerate...

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by pde20 View Post
    4 consecutive nights of of mid to low 20s ought to lock things up...I'm also hopeful that even w/ "an inch or less" each forecast period there are some soft, blown in spots. Or, dust on massive coral reefs.

Seems to me that the later the snow pack the greater the risk that a legit heat wave in early June produces some significant flooding rises. Obviously great for boaters, but I recall last time we had anywhere near this good a year that Georgetown (as one example) almost got blown out w/ runoff!

Lastly, wondering if Independence will open for Memorial....I'm sure I can google my way to some kind of answer, but then what would you all do w/ yourselves?
    Yeah, why type a few words into Google when you could type an entire sentence into TGR?
    Yes, the answer is out there on the Google.

I thought maybe Fritz had it in one of his books, pretty sure his inclinometer reads about 5 degrees steeper than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I thought maybe Fritz had it in one of his books, pretty sure his inclinometer reads about 5 degrees steeper than mine.
    Well, I think I said Landry was 60 degrees when I was doing the Totally Deep podcast, so maybe I'm prone to exaggerating, too. In my defense, I think I was at least 3 beers in at that point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Monarch Lake>Cascade Creek Trail>Crater Lake Trail
    Thanks. That's the general route I was looking at but, wasn't sure if the summer trails were worth following closely or not.

Only 5? See his description of James and Radio Beacon for some even more notable optimism. Otherwise a well done book wth some nice details, like sunhit time and aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Friends and I are thinking of a 2 night / 3 day trip with a base camp in the upcoming week or two. Some place with some mild couloirs or big fun faces would be ideal. Not everyone in the group likes/able to ski gnarly lines. Fitness not a problem. Leaning towards Mt Toll drainage. Other recs within a few hours of the Front Range? Don't mind hauling a sled in for a few days of fun.
    FYI technically no camping allowed in the “four lakes” zone - Toll and Apache valleys after 5/1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Too funny. I’ve never bothered using one unless I’m meadow skipping in a new zone, but every time I’ve talked or skied with him, I’ve always been like WTF no way in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    FYI technically no camping allowed in the “four lakes” zone - Toll and Apache valleys after 5/1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ah, good beta, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Too funny. I’ve never bothered using one unless I’m meadow skipping in a new zone, but every time I’ve talked or skied with him, I’ve always been like WTF no way in my head.
    A common reaction to him though
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Nice refresh on the Divide.

Where was that? I went biking out of fear of coral reef.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Where was that? I went biking out of fear of coral reef.
    Anthracites outside CB. High quality snow, too. I thought it snowed a bunch up north, too?

West favoring areas got the goods. Steamboat, grand Mesa, etc

^I went to the coral reef and surfed

Nice, glad you guys got some. The brown pow wasn't as good, but still good to get out.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Meh was being all literal
    ... I'm in tropical paradise poor me

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Anthracites outside CB. High quality snow, too. I thought it snowed a bunch up north, too?
    From Denver it looked like the front range got skunked mostly. 2-4” at most? Summit/Eagle seemed to get even less? Was this a SW flow? I didn’t bother leaving the city (too much shit to take care of before we move). Just gonna bike for a few hours tomorrow instead.

montanskier just posted that he skied Uneva today and it was good.

New Alert
    ELKHEAD AND PARK MOUNTAINS-GRAND AND BATTLEMENT MESAS- GORE AND ELK MOUNTAINS/CENTRAL MOUNTAIN VALLEYS- WEST ELK AND SAWATCH MOUNTAINS-FLAT TOPS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF COLUMBINE, HAHNS PEAK, TOPONAS, ASPEN, VAIL, SNOWMASS, CRESTED BUTTE, TAYLOR PARK, MARBLE, BUFORD, AND TRAPPERS LAKE 302 PM MDT SUN MAY 19 2019
    ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON MONDAY TO 6 PM MDT TUESDAY...
    * WHAT...HEAVY SNOW AT TIMES WITH PERIODIC BREAKS. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 20 INCHES EXPECTED ABOVE 9000 FEET WITH LESSER ACCUMULATIONS DOWN TO 7000 FEET ESPECIALLY ON MONDAY NIGHT. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE OVER THE HIGHEST PEAKS. WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 40 MPH.
    * WHERE...ELKHEAD AND PARK MOUNTAINS, GRAND AND BATTLEMENT MESAS, GORE AND ELK MOUNTAINS/CENTRAL MOUNTAIN VALLEYS, WEST ELK AND SAWATCH MOUNTAINS AND FLAT TOPS.
    * WHEN...FROM NOON MONDAY TO 6 PM MDT TUESDAY.

Jeebus

Looks warm - hopefully it’ll end up more blower higher up?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Looks warm - hopefully it’ll end up more blower higher up?
    Snow is sticking to the road at my place- it hasn't been doing that the last few storms.