Page 178 of 235 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Attachment 275981 Nice day for a few laps, Yesterday’s wind helped fill in a bit of fluff.

FD, while my wife was pregnant with our 2nd, I was secretly planning a trip to the Revelations. At about 7 months pregnant I brought up the trip, “it would be twenty days, and we’ll both be on parental leave, perfect timing.” She came back with “if you go, better put everything in something water tight, it’s going to sit on the lawn waiting for you to pick it up!” At least your wife offered to ship your stuff for free.
    Looks like a fine lap.

Ha, the offer to ship was made but likely would not have been followed through on but it never hurts to try!

I am no expert but you have to save r5 for the biggest it gets. Unless it goes to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    I was there!
    Well, long after it happened:
    https://www.facebook.com/NERandoRace...03021046405791
    Didn't take any pics of it early Sun morning since our view was somewhat obscured by blowing snow.
    But it still looked pretty ... big!
    I suspect it got dinged on its R rating b/c although "connected from Lower Sluice through Center Bowl and all the way to Chute" is probably full width for that "path" it nevertheless fell short on the length:
    "We think a soft or wind storm slab avalanched on Friday prior to this avalanche, running into the top of the Little Headwall. This hard slab avalanche doesn’t appear to have run as far, with chunky debris high in the runout [...]"
    Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

NE Roll Call 18/19

The Envy ski boot frame. Why has no one told me about this????

Oh, and Okemo kicked ass today. Fuck the haters!!!

NE Roll Call 18/19

Clearly you need to spend less time skiing and more time reading the Ski the East Facebook page. Much knowledge about a great many things being shared there.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Clearly you need to spend less time skiing and more time reading the Ski the East Facebook page. Much knowledge about a great many things being shared there.
    I’ve tried, I really have,to follow that page and refrain from making snarky comments. I just can’t. It’s not in my nature. Those people are beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    I’ve tried, I really have,to follow that page and refrain from making snarky comments. I just can’t. It’s not in my nature. Those people are beyond belief.
    From my reading of the posts on various eastern ski fb pages, there must be a good half dozen climbing skins that have been forgotten or left behing in the New England back/side-country at the moment.

Also, BM, your missing out on some great go pro footage of people skiing very slowly and stopping at every turn to look around and consider the next tree they want to avoid.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    From my reading of the posts on various eastern ski fb pages, there must be a good half dozen climbing skins that have been forgotten or left behing in the New England back/side-country at the moment.

Also, BM, your missing out on some great go pro footage of people skiing very slowly and stopping at every turn to look around and consider the next tree they want to avoid.
    It’s the Brothers with the speedometer at the bottom of their vids I miss most. That and the guy with the beef about cell phone coverage at Stowe.

It’s the Brothers with the speedometer at the bottom of their vids I miss most. That and the guy with the beef about cell phone coverage at Stowe.
    Oh, and lest I forget that kid that skis the Chin and waves his arms around a lot.

NE Roll Call 18/19

Headed up Magic with non-mag, schall.

Stop skinning up Red Line.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3124.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	276157

Fiddlehead(?) at the top.

Name:	IMG_3127.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	276160

Skijoring down Wizard!

Name:	IMG_3131.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	845.7 KB 
ID:	276158

Full billy goating down upper Sorcerer but the lower section was beautiful.

Name:	IMG_3134.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	991.4 KB 
ID:	276159
    Last edited by Peruvian; 03-27-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Skijoring down Wizard!

Name:	IMG_3131.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	845.7 KB 
ID:	276158

ok, yeah. that really looks like a lot of fun!

my bud would never run ahead. He was always right behind me, constantly stepping on my skis. wrecked me more times than I can remember......

i really miss that dude.

Those guys bother me so much and I can’t put my finger on why. I also miss the guy trying to sell Brahmas used for MSRP.

Man, I just went down a rabbit hole over at ski the east. Holy beaterville, it’s glorious! I don’t get it, TGR hosted a ski day at Pico yesterday, and we weren’t invited? How is this possible?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    TGR hosted a ski day at Pico yesterday, and we weren’t invited? How is this possible?

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 8.28.51 PM.png
Views: 557
Size:  781.4 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    Those guys bother me so much and I can’t put my finger on why. I also miss the guy trying to sell Brahmas used for MSRP.
    The Russian bots are working!

Any comments on this weekends form of moisture? I am seeing 50% chance of maybe something happening somewhere. Cavemen weather forecasters could do that.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Anybody doin/want to do blue in Pa sat? Got 1 day left of a 3 day pass and can't get anyone on board.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    The Russian bots are working!

Any comments on this weekends form of moisture? I am seeing 50% chance of maybe something happening somewhere. Cavemen weather forecasters could do that.

Go high. The other two times the Mansfield Stake topped 10 feet at the end of march, it ended up peaking at 132" and 149"

SO. MUCH. SHRED.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    Their greatest achievement was in the wake of that massive January windstorm. Instead of skiing the super deep pow in the trees they posted a SICK vid of themselves "skiing" the wind fucked Face Chutes at Jay. It was A M A Z I N G.

SO. MUCH. SHRED.

While that may look ridiculous to us almost professional skier dentists, I could see those being attractive to people who just go out and cruise groomers at lowish speeds. Why cram your foot into a stiff alpine boot if you don't really need the performance characteristics that boot provides. I would say it is almost a bit of a modernized throwback to the old leather ski boots.
    However, if you ever plan to push yourself beyond 25 mph on a blue cruiser (let alone bumps, powder, or any "difficult" conditions), using that snowboard boot hybrid setup is likely not going to treat you well.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    While that may look ridiculous to us almost professional skier dentists, I could see those being attractive to people who just go out and cruise groomers at lowish speeds. Why cram your foot into a stiff alpine boot if you don't really need the performance characteristics that boot provides. I would say it is almost a bit of a modernized throwback to the old leather ski boots.
    However, if you ever plan to push yourself beyond 25 mph on a blue cruiser (let alone bumps, powder, or any "difficult" conditions), using that snowboard boot hybrid setup is likely not going to treat you well.
    Aircraft grade Aluminum! The dude rocking these at Okemo yesterday was no groomer cruiser. He meant serious bidness. Most importantly, he slung those things over his shoulder like a Boss (just like in the video!!!!) while strutting back to his Jeep Rubicon. Would have loved to share a beer with him if we had more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

Fiddlehead(?) at the top.

Name:	IMG_3127.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	276160
    ill take a stab, mystic voltage

I know very little about ski anything but mrs FD tried a bunch of boots on at a fitting at SB last fall and when she got to the apex boot she stood up and said done, most comfortable by far of the 5-6 options she checked out. She will likely never push their limits on the hill so they should last a while, which is a good thing considering the ludicrous cost...you two plankers pay way too much for equipment!

Aircraft grade Aluminum! The dude rocking these at Okemo yesterday was no groomer cruiser. He meant serious bidness. Most importantly, he slung those things over his shoulder like a Boss (just like in the video!!!!) while strutting back to his Jeep Rubicon. Would have loved to share a beer with him if we had more time.
    My question for him would be why not unstrap your foot from the "Aircraft grade Aluminum!" frame like you would getting out of a snowboard, leaving the frame in the ski binding. Then you would only have 2 things to carry back to the jeep instead of 4.

Edit to add...
    We may need to have a ski off with someone sporting these things. It is the only way to be sure!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

My question for him would be why not unstrap your foot from the "Aircraft grade Aluminum!" frame like you would getting out of a snowboard, leaving the frame in the ski binding. Then you would only have 2 things to carry back to the jeep instead of 4.

Edit to add...
    We may need to have a ski off with someone sporting these things. It is the only way to be sure!
    Can it be a Rax vs. Apex ski off????

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I know very little about ski anything but mrs FD tried a bunch of boots on at a fitting at SB last fall and when she got to the apex boot she stood up and said done, most comfortable by far of the 5-6 options she checked out. She will likely never push their limits on the hill so they should last a while, which is a good thing considering the ludicrous cost...you two plankers pay way too much for equipment!
    Wouldn't it be easier to just .... snowboard?