Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    ^^ looking deep! the last 7 days have been pretty solid ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pow.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	271627

Name:	usf-pow.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	271628

Name:	sw.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	271629

Name:	lil-boarder.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	717.7 KB 
ID:	271630

Name:	tlp.jpg 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	271631

Name:	pinnacle.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	600.7 KB 
ID:	271632

Name:	cornice.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	267.7 KB 
ID:	271633

It has been so long, I forgot how fun Snowbird is. Thanks Bob for the intel on the parking and canyon scene. For anybody on the fence, just go. The skiing will be great for the rest of the year. Big and Little are buried.

Educate this goob on why a bus isn't the answer.

^ utards hate public transportation for some reason

Name:	20190227-01.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	270.1 KB 
ID:	271667

this mode of transportation has been pretty choice this winter

Name:	20190227-02.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	509.0 KB 
ID:	271668

rolled with BRUTAH and his crew this morning, good people and a cruiser booter

Name:	20190227-03.JPG 
Size:	498.5 KB 
ID:	271669

Name:	20190227-035.JPG 
Size:	542.7 KB 
ID:	271670

Name:	20190227-05.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	559.5 KB 
ID:	271671

despite holding out admirably to this point the low stuff is finally starting to take a beating, hopefully the next storm brings a cold front. if you have anything remaining on your "must ski this year" list with a significant chunk below ~6500' you may want to think about getting after it...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    It has been so long, I forgot how fun Snowbird is. Thanks Bob for the intel on the parking and canyon scene. For anybody on the fence, just go. The skiing will be great for the rest of the year. Big and Little are buried.

Educate this goob on why a bus isn't the answer.
    Yeah, despite the crowds / ikon issues , etc, inbounds at Alta Bird are skiing fantastic now. The base is fat now, I can't remember the last time I saw so few rocks even on Cirque ,etc. Had a great long weekend w my wife and little dude , the 5 year old was loving the "bear trails" off Sunnyside at Alta and then grabbing some Subaru shwag on the Tram deck Sat. Had quite the sleeper powder day Friday , don't remember 6 inches feeling that deep in a while . You guys are having a great season , hope it keeps rolling into March! Props to the Kinderbird instructors who killed it w the little man. He even got to hang under the Tram as it came in when we ran into his instructor at the Winterfest. Everyone really went above and beyond for him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Duffman; 02-27-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Name:	20190228-01.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	378.1 KB 
ID:	271820

Headed out to SLC this coming weekend to stay at my GFs parents place in PC. We both have Mountain Collective passes and we have 1 day left at Alta and Bird each but don't fly out till Monday evening. We get in real early on Saturday so i was thinking about driving straight from the airport and doing a lap or two in Grizzly Gulch. Never been there but it looks like the spot to go if you have zero local knowledge and don't want to work too hard (which she will not haha). What are the BC snow surface conditions currently like in that area? Will we be running into areas of dust on crust from sun/wind crust that formed earlier this week? Looking through the UAC it looks like windslab may be an issue especially with the predicted shifting winds, but any ground level beta is appreciated. If there is another spot more convenient to PC with easy route finding, not too strenuous (<2000' of ascent), and somewhere we can kind of just follow the lemmings up to a zone let me know. Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Headed out to SLC this coming weekend to stay at my GFs parents place in PC. We both have Mountain Collective passes and we have 1 day left at Alta and Bird each but don't fly out till Monday evening. We get in real early on Saturday so i was thinking about driving straight from the airport and doing a lap or two in Grizzly Gulch. Never been there but it looks like the spot to go if you have zero local knowledge and don't want to work too hard (which she will not haha). What are the BC snow surface conditions currently like in that area? Will we be running into areas of dust on crust from sun/wind crust that formed earlier this week? Looking through the UAC it looks like windslab may be an issue especially with the predicted shifting winds, but any ground level beta is appreciated. If there is another spot more convenient to PC with easy route finding, not too strenuous (<2000' of ascent), and somewhere we can kind of just follow the lemmings up to a zone let me know. Gracias
    Griz is a nice walk. Accesses some shorter goods, both N + S facing.
    The S facing in upper LCC will be good skiing if it keeps snowing.
    Should be a lot of people to be near on Flagstaff, the Emmas, and such.
    Enjoy the Wasatch!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Low elevations are still good but there is some really deep isothermic mank below 6500'. Let's hope the cold seizes things up a bit and we get a refresher. Meanwhile, no fresh snow = couloir days and with such insane coverage you can explore some really dumb approaches. Pro tip: skinwax doesn't weight enough to justify taking it out of the pack...

Name:	IMG_20190228_093422.jpg 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	271988

Name:	00079XTR_00079_BURST20190228122248.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	271989

Name:	IMG_20190228_120756.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	271990

Name:	IMG_20190228_101256.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	828.1 KB 
ID:	271991

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS, AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 18-19

deepest 3” i’ve ever skied at solitude today

Ugg choices. Renew my Brighton pass or go for the Ikon... Anyone else struggling with pass decisions?

due to some navigational difficulties (I blame 5am start and fog) we didn't make it very far up little pine this am but the bottom of that is full of heinous avy debris and crust where there isn't debris.

the bird skied really well this afternoon but doesn't anyone work on Fridays anymore? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post

the bird skied really well this afternoon but doesn't anyone work on Fridays anymore? WTF!
    No shit. I pulled into Wildcat at 1:00 to find a packed parking lot. Lines weren’t bad though and the skiing was good.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    No shit. I pulled into Wildcat at 1:00 to find a packed parking lot. Lines weren’t bad though and the skiing was good.
    Friday is the new Saturday. Collins is busy in the morning, then clears when the non locals all stay on Sugarloaf & Supreme.

Just a quick question? IS Snowbird doing the usual Spring pass this year(had an Alta one also in the past)?

I have come up the start of April for the last 8 years and gotten this, can't seem to find it on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    Just a quick question? IS Snowbird doing the usual Spring pass this year(had an Alta one also in the past)?

I have come up the start of April for the last 8 years and gotten this, can't seem to find it on the website.
    I haven't seen/heard anything either locally.

sleeper conditions out there this morning. overslept my original plan (which gets bumped to tomorrow) but made it out with the pup up to about 8800' NNW, almost wished I brought fatter skis. was expecting dust on crust, but got really nice, surprisingly deep feeling powder turns.

Skied/skiing at the bird today, wish I had brought more ski. Sleeper for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I haven't seen/heard anything either locally.
    strange, just the start of March though.

might email them now and see.

Turned in one of my pass benefits to hit up DV today. Skied very well on the groomers in the morning. Had a great time until my last run when I came down hauling and got hit by my own buddy doing a large swooping turn.... It was my fault (coming from behind) but both of us came out unscathed. Will be much more aware of the surroundings before deciding to bomb next time.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    graybird sleeper did not suck day
    bit o traffic on the 190 and the ikon parking clusterfuck in full effect
    a bit of interconnect traffic on the 2 heaven one

cat roads in but not being used yesterday they ALTA really ought think about taking an hour or 2 and some boo to mark those road cuts outta bc courtesy and safety to others
    bit windfunked and scratchy up high
    mid canyon /elevation wind protected skied best
    bit o sluffing on steeps

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    graybird sleeper did not suck day
    bit o traffic on the 190 and the ikon parking clusterfuck in full effect
    a bit of interconnect traffic on the 2 heaven one
    cat roads in but not being used yesterday they ALTA really ought think about taking an hour or 2 and some boo to mark those road cuts outta bc courtesy and safety to others
    I'll pass it on in the morning meeting...nothing like falling off a cut bank in bad light, eh? Sorry.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I'll pass it on in the morning meeting...nothing like falling off a cut bank in bad light, eh? Sorry.
    Good one Marco

Brighton was pretty damn good for 3 inches yesterday.

https://youtu.be/RbAtjOHXIz0

Or, it was until I decided to ski around a cliff, tagged a buried rock, got spun around and fell backwards onto another buried rock right on my right shoulder blade. Thought I broke my scapula, but xrays were negative thankfully. Still hurts like hell and definitely not skiing today, but with no fracture hopefully I'll be GTG in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Brighton was pretty damn good for 3 inches yesterday.

https://youtu.be/RbAtjOHXIz0

Or, it was until I decided to ski around a cliff, tagged a buried rock, got spun around and fell backwards onto another buried rock right on my right shoulder blade. Thought I broke my scapula, but xrays were negative thankfully. Still hurts like hell and definitely not skiing today, but with no fracture hopefully I'll be GTG in a week or so.
    Did a similar boogeying through ptex point by t3 on cirque left ski hooked rock spun me around and went over a cliff took a rock to left kidney / pelvis. All I could do to ski down and not call for a sled. A couple feet to the left Id be really fucked up. Been taken it easy this weekend bet it was good hope everyone scored!

Heel up DTM lots more snow to ski

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Fun day today with the wifey
    Name:  IMG_4325.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  73.5 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix