Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Does the GripWalk Lupo sole (130C) work with standard FKS 18s? I’m an idiot when it comes to this compatibility stuff. I click in on my bench and looked ok...a little rubber on the toe but mostly its plastic on plastic.
    It works. It does not officially meet safety standards.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Sweet. I’ll go break an ACL

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    After a few days this month I think the liners need to go. I don’t mind how thin they are (I fit the shell pretty well), but the foam just feels so insubstantial that as soon as they pack out even a little they’re going to be worthless.

Side question: has anyone ditched the front buckle? I rarely ever tightened it much on past Kryptons and Full Tilts, and with the narrow 98mm last on the Lupos I don’t feel like I need any downward force on the top of my foot. Thoughts?
    I ditched the front buckle as well as all the fiddly hardware that holds the tongue in place. Just duct tape the hole in the tongues and voila much simpler transitions.

I have a 25 clog (lower) from the current Factory if anyone is interested & a liner..... lightly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    I ditched the front buckle as well as all the fiddly hardware that holds the tongue in place. Just duct tape the hole in the tongues and voila much simpler transitions.
    Were you able to unscrew the hardware or did you cut it? I couldn’t get the t-nuts/rivets to do anything but spin when I tried to unscrew them, and the look of a sliced off strap would bug the crap out of me.

Were you able to unscrew the hardware or did you cut it? I couldn’t get the t-nuts/rivets to do anything but spin when I tried to unscrew them, and the look of a sliced off strap would bug the crap out of me.
    It doesn't unscrew, its a hard rivet that you have to drill out.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    It doesn't unscrew, its a hard rivet that you have to drill out.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    I was afraid of that.

Drilled out the rivets while keeping the straps in tact. Quick trip to Ace for some t-nuts, screws, and washers. And voila, the superfluous front buckle is no more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3579.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	263171

A+. Looks factory (get it...) I'll see myself out lol.

Love the black Voile. Whole thing is super clean.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit I might remove them too. Will ski a few days with 1st buckle unbuckled and see

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Shit I might remove them too. Will ski a few days with 1st buckle unbuckled and see

I will say that it was tough to do without destroying the straps. For each one I ended up having to drill through the rivet, pry up the head with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers, and rip it off bit by bit until I could knock the rest of the rivet through. The rivets spin too easily to just drill them out.

If you don’t mind destroying the strap you could probably save yourself some time and effort by cutting it away and hacksawing or Dremeling through the rivets. That’s what I did with the cuff strap.

I will say that it was tough to do without destroying the straps. For each one I ended up having to drill through the rivet, pry up the head with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers, and rip it off bit by bit until I could knock the rest of the rivet through. The rivets spin too easily to just drill them out.

If you don’t mind destroying the strap you could probably save yourself some time and effort by cutting it away and hacksawing or Dremeling through the rivets. That’s what I did with the cuff strap.
    Thanks for the advice. I use a center punch on rivets -- tends to work much better than a drill. Haven't met a rivet I couldn't best yet!

I might prefer these w tour wrap inbounds over my Kryptons w/ power wraps

I might prefer these w tour wrap inbounds over my Kryptons w/ power wraps

What’s your opinion on the Tour Wrap? I’m sure it’s great inbounds. Is it flexible enough to really tour in? I’m pretty settled on replacing the crap stock liner, but I’m debating between the Tour Wrap and the Pro Tour.

What’s your opinion on the Tour Wrap? I’m sure it’s great inbounds. Is it flexible enough to really tour in? I’m pretty settled on replacing the crap stock liner, but I’m debating between the Tour Wrap and the Pro Tour.
    I love the tour wrap. I'll admit is not stiff and bears little resemblance to the Power Wrap sold direct from intuition except that they are both wraps. I actually think the boot feels slightly less stiff with the Tour Wrap vs. the stock Air liner. It is super tourable, at least as tourable as the stock liner. Size wize match your boot size.

I skied Lupos inbounds yesterday on 189 BGs w P18s in super weight idaho pow. No problem.

I have handled the Pro Tour and I think the Tour Wrap is less stiff. I made my decision based on liking wraps over tongues.

I love the tour wrap. I'll admit is not stiff and bears little resemblance to the Power Wrap sold direct from intuition except that they are both wraps. I actually think the boot feels slightly less stiff with the Tour Wrap vs. the stock Air liner. It is super tourable, at least as tourable as the stock liner. Size wize match your boot size.

I skied Lupos inbounds yesterday on 189 BGs w P18s in super weight idaho pow. No problem.

I have handled the Pro Tour and I think the Tour Wrap is less stiff. I made my decision based on liking wraps over tongues.
    Thanks. That’s all super good info. I much prefer wraps, too, so it sounds like that’s the way to go.

I also prefer wraps . I ditched the original tongue liner and pro tours I had and have been using one set of pro wraps in both my lupo and vulcan. I’m tempted to get a tour wrap but than I heard they’re less volume than pro wraps. The tongue liners made my boots sloppy so I didn’t want to risk that if the tour wraps were going to do the same. Did you feel any slip with the tour wrap? Maybe I should up size the pro wrap and that might take up more space?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I also prefer wraps . I ditched the original tongue liner and pro tours I had and have been using one set of pro wraps in both my lupo and vulcan. I’m tempted to get a tour wrap but than I heard they’re less volume than pro wraps. The tongue liners made my boots sloppy so I didn’t want to risk that if the tour wraps were going to do the same. Did you feel any slip with the tour wrap? Maybe I should up size the pro wrap and that might take up more space?
    No slip, good heel hold for me. But it's in a Dalby - if the ankle strap doesn't hold your heel then I don't know what.

Way lower volume than both the AIR and power wrap. I'll say on the ankle, with the stock air, I was at 2 on the ankle, and now ski at 4 for equal tightness. So however much volume is 2 notches

No slip, good heel hold for me. But it's in a Dalby - if the ankle strap doesn't hold your heel then I don't know what.

Way lower volume than both the AIR and power wrap. I'll say on the ankle, with the stock air, I was at 2 on the ankle, and now ski at 4 for equal tightness. So however much volume is 2 notches

Thanks. That helps . Thin ankles and low/medium instep so I found the power wrap tightened up both those spots over the tongue liners. I may have to contact intuition to see if I go up a size in the tour wrap and see if that’ll get it back to the volume of a pro wrap. I should do it ASAP. I saw someone selling a one size up tour wrap for a decent price with one day on it. Don’t want to risk the purchase til I’m sure

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thanks. That helps . Thin ankles and low/medium instep so I found the power wrap tightened up both those spots over the tongue liners. I may have to contact intuition to see if I go up a size in the tour wrap and see if that’ll get it back to the volume of a pro wrap. I should do it ASAP. I saw someone selling a one size up tour wrap for a decent price with one day on it. Don’t want to risk the purchase til I’m sure
    Not a bad idea. If it’s really that much lower volume than the stock liner I might hold off until I can mess with one in person. My ankles are super low volume, and even though I don’t like the feel of the stock liner it does fit pretty well.

I’ll procrastinate for a bit before I phone intuition but I’ll try and remember to post what they have to say

Well alright, i just picked up some used lupo carbons on ebay, I’m hoping i can make the 25 work. Twiddling will commence immediately, with adding a xl voile powers strap, maybe removing the first buckle and figuring out liners.
    Probably getting custom insoles soon, hoping to raise my arch and shorten my foot enough for a good fit.
    Has anybody tried protecting the carbon cuff from ski edges with anything? My vulcans are cracked where edges hit and I’ve been limping them along with g-flex epoxy.
    Grinch, I’ve got the same boot quiver as you now- tlt6’s, vulcans, and lupos.

Gravity always wins...

Damn. You’ll dig those luoo’s . I sold my tlt6’s. Great boot but the vulcan without the tongue is close enough. I don’t tour far in my lupo. Just off the ski hill . I don’t think you’ll have to worry about the cuff in the lupo(could be wrong) . Pretty sure it’s thicker/burlier

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Has anybody tried protecting the carbon cuff from ski edges with anything? My vulcans are cracked where edges hit and I’ve been limping them along with g-flex epoxy.
    Grinch, I’ve got the same boot quiver as you now- tlt6’s, vulcans, and lupos.
    I got a few layers of Gorillatape on mine. Your question reminds me I need to put more on. I think gluing some kind of plastic on would be more efficient, but on the other hand I've not herd about any cuff breaking so far..

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    No cracks yet, but in the few days I’ve had on them so far this season I’ve noticed some “shavings” out of the corner of the cuff. If it keeps up I might put a protective layer of G-Flex on there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1548258338.931219.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	266012