Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    This is hilarious...

99 is the waist and I am sure it will be in the name and since there is some metal in it. so lets just call it the 99Ti at this point.
    Edit:
    *waist measures 98.78mm, so it could be marketed as a 98mm waist too.
    Within manufacturing tolerances anyone?

K2 had several lines of skis that measured 5 cm longer than the advertised lengths.

0.22 mm?

Good to know Gapic is alive and well on the east coast.

No offence intended Phil, your a good dude and a great mag, but really?

I could run a file down the edge once and get a bigger difference.

If you measured 100 pairs of these in absolute detail, I'm betting that a 0.22 mm variance in width would be the least of your worries.

This kind of detail is spurious at best, even more so on an early production or prototype ski.

Different strokes I guess...Just never understood the east coast obsession with 0.00001 degrees or mm's of accuracy on an edge...and I grew up racing on bullet-proof blue-ice on the prairies.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-19-2018 at 12:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This is hilarious...

K2 had several lines of skis that measured 5 cm longer than the advertised lengths.

0.22 mm?

If you measured 100 pairs of these in absolute detail, I'm betting that a 0.22 mm variance in width would be the least of your worries.

This kind of detail is spurious at best, even more so on an early production or prototype ski.

Different strokes I guess...Just never understood the east coast obsession with 0.00001 degrees or mm's of accuracy on an edge...and I grew up racing on bullet-proof blue-ice on the prairies.
    You kinda make my point. As I have said numerous times...the metric system is a subjective unit if measurement.

What they end up calling it is irrelevant...It could be a 98..could be a 99...hell, could call it a 97 or 100. Until I hear what the name is...I am just putting out what I measured. BTW, at Squaw..the ski was a blast to ski. Also, I haven't lived on the east coast in almost a decade.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    You kinda make my point. As I have said numerous times...the metric system is a subjective unit if measurement.
    I would not call it subjective, but one needs to understand the difference between a 99 vs. a 99.0 vs a 99.00 mm measurement. It's all there if you've seen the light!

Edited for clarity of the above; 99 mm can be anything in between 98.5-99.5, 99.0 is effectively 98.95-99.05 and 99.00 is 98.995-99.005.
    Last edited by SoooL; 12-19-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Also, I haven't lived on the east coast in almost a decade.
    Damn.

We've been here a long time.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-19-2018 at 02:12 AM.

This is hilarious...

0.22 mm?

" … but(,) really?"

Thank you for your contribution.

What is "offence" ?

goodbye, reckless...

one troll fed. tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    " … but(,) really?"

Thank you for your contribution.

What is "offence" ?

goodbye, reckless...

one troll fed. tj
    Phil is an awesome guy. Wealth of knowledge. Great mag.

Not sure how pointing out that ski width in mm to two decimal places is spurious precision makes me a troll, but you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    I would not call it subjective, but one needs to understand the difference between a 99 vs. a 99.0 vs a 99.00 mm measurement. It's all there if you've seen the light!

Edited for clarity of the above; 99 mm can be anything in between 98.5-99.5, 99.0 is effectively 98.95-99.05 and 99.00 is 98.995-99.005.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    What is "offence" ?
    It is the proper spelling of the word.

Gear rumors 19/20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4813.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	812.0 KB 
ID:	260941
    Johan has been hinting on insta of a new Blizzard ski, from this photo based on the graphics it looks to be a continuation of the zero g line? Maybe a rustler 11 type shape with a more touring-friendly layup? That would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    New Shift
    Let’s hope so. This was 2 runs & done. Pulled the housing right off the hardware.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A25E4AA1-648C-41BF-8A39-0040CAFAA83E.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	260942

Quote Originally Posted by abp View Post

Name:	IMG_4813.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	812.0 KB 
ID:	260941
    Johan has been hinting on insta of a new Blizzard ski, from this photo based on the graphics it looks to be a continuation of the zero g line? Maybe a rustler 11 type shape with a more touring-friendly layup? That would be cool.

Looks like maybe a tip notch on that ski? Also a much shorter length sidewall than the previous 95 or 108. Maybe some specialty steep ski like the Solis from Black Crows? Very curious.
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 12-20-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Name:  0G.jpg
Views: 2441
Size:  66.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    According to newschoolers k2 is dropping some new ski line that people claim is really cool. Sounds like a blend of the pinnacle and the asymmetric series but isn’t asymmetric and both those lines are staying.
    Mindbender. Supposed to replace Pinnacle I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I’ve heard about a shorter Sakana from line. Somewhere around or under 160cm. Likely for women. Not sure if it will be a different top sheet or the same.
    Sidecut on these looks wild. I look forward to seeing all the details on them.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

Apparently ON3P is bringing a new model to market in 2020. Iggy mentioned something in the Betel thread, but cannot remember quite what, and do not want to go back and read through the thread to find out

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Iggy also mentioned a “new” design update for the Billy Goat... curious what that means, i’m likely to be in the market to replace my Goats next year.

They’ll go on GS when it’s time; wonder how long they’ll take to sell? 16/17 pre-Asym, stock layup, green sidewalls, stock BG topsheet from that year, drilled 1x for STH2 @ 315mm, no core shots, etc.

Although, I’m a little concerned that my new C&D’s may perform as well as my BG’s did, rendering them to overlap status. Will really depend on how the C&D’s feel on the groomer and in chopped up crud. They’re nowhere near as heavy as my BG’s and have a softer flex (tour layup) so, maybe a moot point and the BG’s will still have a spot for heavier fresh snow and later in the day chop.

1st World Problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Seconded. It seems like the new C&D design is way too similar to the Billy Goats compared to what it used to be. I've got a pair of 16/17 191 C&Ds, the first year of asym, full rocker. And think that model could hang in quiver with some BGs.

Make sense then that ON3P would be some changes, seeing how the C&D has evolved.
    BG testing right now wouldn't roll out until 2021 model run (so a year from now). Ski is really dialed as it is right now.

The change in the CD was about practicality and usage. The only scenario the old CD had an advantage was in untracked, consistent snow. I don't know many people who ski that - I most certainly don't - so the change to a practical variant for skiing powder made sense so people could use it more in a day to day capacity inbounds. Yes - there is now more overlap, but the wider end is a lot more function for those who might prefer a wider ski for resort powder days. The flip side to that design change is you could, depending on your comfort on width, ski just one or the other.

I still think, based upon the widths and the difference in how the ski flexes (rounder on the CD), they have different uses in the quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....
    Name:  C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg
Views: 2363
Size:  47.1 KB
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Any word on possible changes to Volkl's BMT lineup...........or their other touring boards?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Looks like maybe a tip notch on that ski? Also a much shorter length sidewall than the previous 95 or 108. Maybe some specialty steep ski like the Solis from Black Crows? Very curious.

Name:	IMG_4814.JPG 
Views:	679 
Size:	645.3 KB 
ID:	261016 looks to be the case, a new ZG 95, wonder what they changed. The 95 is an excellent steep ski, but imo pretty underwhelming in soft/variable snow compared to other offerings. If it was up to me I’d leave the 85 alone and make the 95 more versatile.

Gear rumors 19/20

Name:	IMG_4816.JPG 
Views:	379 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	261017 also found this. Moving to 105mm waist makes me think they’re making room in the line for something bigger. A 110-115 waisted zero g with a more playful, powder oriented profile would be a welcome addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Any word on possible changes to Volkl's BMT lineup
    nope, but I am getting myself a backup pair of bmt122s. I think they sell like 3 pairs a season, and I am wary of them being discontinued - while also realizing that their less than sturdy nature makes having some spares prudent. They ski awesomely imo.

However, it has been a while since they have done anything to update the BMTs. Though to be fair, they are plenty good as is Perphas a Katana-like tourer in 105mm together with a 115-117mm fatty might cater to a bigger buying audience than 109 and 122 (especially the latter)? A hard charging narrower Katana could be a lot of fun - aka something between the V-Werks Mantra and Katana would be pretty awesome imo

I've got 122's as well and they kick ass. Sometimes there is no replacement for displacement. Can't think of a ski I would rather have taken to Japan last winter. Perfecto!

Quote Originally Posted by abp View Post

Name:	IMG_4814.JPG 
Views:	679 
Size:	645.3 KB 
ID:	261016 looks to be the case, a new ZG 95, wonder what they changed. The 95 is an excellent steep ski, but imo pretty underwhelming in soft/variable snow compared to other offerings. If it was up to me I’d leave the 85 alone and make the 95 more versatile.

Which binders are those

My thoughts as well...

For some reason the shape of the toe makes me think it's from Marker.

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    Which binders are those

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    My thoughts as well...

For some reason the shape of the toe makes me think it's from Marker.
    Those are the current Marker Alpinist’s

I'm pretty excited for a set of red Salomon 916 Shifts.

Anyone?

I'm pretty excited for a set of red Salomon 916 Shifts.

Anyone?
    Yes. Count me in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Yes. Count me in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TGR Forums mobile app
    Hey Salomon,

You heard the man.

Get on this.

Signed,

Your Family at TGR
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-22-2018 at 05:37 PM.

I hope the Zero G changes are small. I love the whole line. I'd hesitate to buy a fatty though. Not what Blizzard does best in my opinion. But there are plenty of soft snow oriented touring skis out there.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I hope the Zero G changes are small. I love the whole line. I'd hesitate to buy a fatty though. Not what Blizzard does best in my opinion. But there are plenty of soft snow oriented touring skis out there.
    I dunno. I heard the spur doesn’t suck.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?