Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Riff

It's mostly the boot. The TLT6 front end interferes with the Tecton/Evo bumper. Fwiw I ground down my 17/18 Tecton/evo toe bumper to the point where they still worked with my (standard) toe. Now it won't invaginate my boots unless i tomahawk forcefully
    Can you post a pic of the finished product Lee? One of my sets is the old style and I'd like to do it before so as to avoid any potential for said invagination.

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    And survey says..,

"Mark,

Your order is for the new version of the bindings for the 18/19 season.

If there is anything else we can help you with feel free to contact us again."

I got in towards the very end of the deal, maybe they sold off the older ones first then switched to the 18-19 ones?

+10000000 for Barabes customer service. My card wouldn't go through because of extra security measures and even verifying it with my bank didn't help the first two times. Barabes was kind enough to call me despite different time zones to make it work.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app
    Who did you email? I never got a tracking number or confirmation email but I paid through PayPal...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    edit: sorry margotron, i'm getting threads mixed up. Check https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...r-18-19-season
    Same as in Garudas photo
    Walk mode engaged, the bumper moves back a little and the green bar becomes visible. Is this new, or did this always occur?. Bumper is a little wider than in the older model, that's for sure.
    Attachment 257850
    This is awesome. V clear. Now let's see them with the blue inserts! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ^ This, the toe pin might need adjustment.

Also make sure there isn't any forward pressure from the heel, it looks like an alpine heel but you don't adjust it quite the same. Adjust worm screw to get as much bite on the boot heel lug as possible, but back off a click if tightening a click no longer moves the heel forward.
    Setting this is key
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I’m surprised that I wasn’t more happy with them, but the walk range is pretty uninspiring. I just did a very informal bench session and found they’ve got almost thirty degrees less forward range than radical toes, with Vulcans or tlt6. The Difference between those boots is only about 4 degrees, Vulcans aren’t really better. I’d love to see how far Lee ground them too, but I’m reluctant to do it to a brand new binding. I’m going to miss the heel, but the touring range isn’t cutting it for me. Might have to go back to lighter stuff.

Gravity always wins...

Riff -maybe the newest gen toe will not inhibit your ROM as much? Perhaps you can check it at a shop?

Or you could swap for some “Black” gen Vipecs plus cash with me, and reuse the mounting holes? I assume these would not interfere as you can swap the bumper pieces based on your boot.

Bummer your current bindings have a compatibility issue.

I’m betting the new toe would be better, but I doubt it can be had without a new pair. I replaced both pairs of kingpins last year, hoping this was the fix. Maybe the new bumper will become an aftermarket part...thanks for the offer, but the heel was the primary appeal for me, otherwise I’ll probably go back to radical toes and light race heels.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Use WELCOME5 for another 5% off. Mine $402 shipped to US

Gonna sell my vipec which I haven't mounted
    Bummed I missed this
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’m going to miss the heel, but the touring range isn’t cutting it for me.

I'm not doubting you or calling you out, but this seems odd. I can see it with the super light/no toe lug boots, but not so much with Vulcans and other boots. Lots of people have lots of days on these and I don't recall hearing any complaints as far as range of motion. Forward falling and envaginating boots? Sure, though it hasn't happened to the majority of users.
    I have lots of days on mine. The only time the toe bumper ever comes into play is during steep kickturns, and I actually like being able to bounce the tail around off of the bumper sometimes. Other than that I never notice it and can't imagine extending my stride to the point where I would. I'm long of leg, 6' 1" and ski these with Maestrale RS. YM obviously varies, but I wonder if there isn't something being missed/awry? It'd suck to write these off based on an anomaly, as they've been great bindings for lots of users.

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’m surprised that I wasn’t more happy with them, but the walk range is pretty uninspiring. I just did a very informal bench session and found they’ve got almost thirty degrees less forward range than radical toes, with Vulcans or tlt6. The Difference between those boots is only about 4 degrees, Vulcans aren’t really better. I’d love to see how far Lee ground them too, but I’m reluctant to do it to a brand new binding. I’m going to miss the heel, but the touring range isn’t cutting it for me. Might have to go back to lighter stuff.

I have pictures in the NS review of a Mercury in the toe piece really really far forward. Like so far your knee will bash the ground. I don't know how a Vulcan wouldn't be the same

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Can you post a pic of the finished product Lee? One of my sets is the old style and I'd like to do it before so as to avoid any potential for said invagination.
    Yah I'll do that. It was 2 mins with a file of work. Will have to grab my bindings from Whis so will be a week. Still destroying quad overhead pow at the Pass

This is awesome. V clear. Now let's see them with the blue inserts! Lol

I have swapped the blue pieces on to mine. Took a small hex bit, can’t remember what size, but it took 2 minutes.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I have pictures in the NS review of a Mercury in the toe piece really really far forward. Like so far your knee will bash the ground. I don't know how a Vulcan wouldn't be the same
    For riff
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kneefallblackvipec.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	258117

Name:	kneefall-comfort20171226_111424.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	258118

Name:	kneefalltecton-evo.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	258119
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tectonevotoe20171226_110301 permfix.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	258121  

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    I'm not doubting you or calling you out, but this seems odd. I can see it with the super light/no toe lug boots, but not so much with Vulcans and other boots. Lots of people have lots of days on these and I don't recall hearing any complaints as far as range of motion. Forward falling and envaginating boots? Sure, though it hasn't happened to the majority of users.
    I have lots of days on mine. The only time the toe bumper ever comes into play is during steep kickturns, and I actually like being able to bounce the tail around off of the bumper sometimes. Other than that I never notice it and can't imagine extending my stride to the point where I would. I'm long of leg, 6' 1" and ski these with Maestrale RS. YM obviously varies, but I wonder if there isn't something being missed/awry? It'd suck to write these off based on an anomaly, as they've been great bindings for lots of users.

Name:	EHxYJU2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	258123

Name:	FcJnAWq.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	258124
    Difference between Tecton/Vipec and Ion. So yeah, there is a significant difference, but note that the boot here is in ski mode, so you would get all the additional forward lean of the boot in tour mode. So yeah, the Ion has much more forward pivot range, but most of the difference is unusable (I imagine the same would be true for Radicals). Curious if my pic matches up to riff's bench test (with Vulcans?). If he had the toes in ski mode, the forward pivot is definitely reduced even further.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	258122  

Fritschi Tecton

Hang on, the issue with ROM is the binding? I’m literally confused and asking... seems like you’d have to have some huge fucking strides for that to be an issue?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Hang on, the issue with ROM is the binding? I’m literally confused and asking... seems like you’d have to have some huge fucking strides for that to be an issue?
    That's my conclusion too. There are some squaredoff toebox boots where the forward ROM is really limited. But you can see in my pic of the Mercury and gavin's pic of the Vulcan ( which are pretty standard toeboxes) that it doesn't come into play for normal ROM of a tour stride. What am I missing?

That's my conclusion too. There are some squaredoff toebox boots where the forward ROM is really limited. But you can see in my pic of the Mercury and gavin's pic of the Vulcan ( which are pretty standard toeboxes) that it doesn't come into play for normal ROM of a tour stride. What am I missing?
    Only thing I can think of is maybe he did his original bench test with the binding still in ski mode, so he would be hitting the bumper much earlier. I'm assuming in your pic the bumper has been ground down? Any issues with forward release?

I did the bench test to compare after skinning a full day and being bummed. I’ll be getting out again tomorrow, maybe I’ll get used to it. I did the bench tests in tour mode, with the bumper forwards. It only bothered me on kick turns with high lifters, and on the back leg on longer strides on low angle tracks. I’d hit it every step. And it literally took ten minutes on admittedly terrible skinning surface to punch in the toe, didn’t even fall.
    The lack of complaints is part of my surprise; leaving the sled it reminded me of duke style range, hitting the end of the travel so soon. I didn’t even try it at home because I’d heard nothing to make me expect it. Anyway, maybe its just has to be Vulcans or nothing. Thanks for the pics and advice, I’ll look closer on a bigger screen.

Gravity always wins...

Vulcans would probably help. I imagine issues with hitting the bumper when skinning would be style-dependent (I would think really long strides or picking up your feet would cause more issues). Are you skinning with the tongues in the boots? Might have better luck without the tongues in the TLT6s to get more ROM out of your boots so you're less reliant on the bindings to maximize that. Still a sucky issue though, I wish BD had made it more clear that this was a possibility. As it is I'll probably be looking to change boots next season.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    Only thing I can think of is maybe he did his original bench test with the binding still in ski mode, so he would be hitting the bumper much earlier. I'm assuming in your pic the bumper has been ground down? Any issues with forward release?
    Hey gavin this is the OG bumper. I get about maybe 5 to 10 deg more with bumper ground down. Not really all that much more. I'll shoot a pic for nickel and you

Riff not giving you a hard time but I haven't had issues hitting Vulcan ZeroG MtnLab HawX Lupo with Tecton or Vipec toe skinning or kickturns

But all in all definitely agree that Fritschi BD could have should have communicated better that the toe bumper feature was deliberate and the toe punch possibility.

New toes are hitting Noram sometime this month. I'll tear them down and see how they're different and if any more mods are possible

No worries Lee, mostly just curious about the consensus. I’ll get out with the Vulcans sooner or later.

Gravity always wins...

Who did you email? I never got a tracking number or confirmation email but I paid through PayPal...

Send a query under get help

And they answer with customerservice@barrabes.com

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Send a query under get help

And they answer with customerservice@barrabes.com

Arriving tomorrow!

Sick!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Fristchi's video on leashes (for the Vipec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyctUiSS6dM

Not sure where else you'd put it. Certainly not on the toe lock-out lever.
    Bump for response from BD:

Quote Originally Posted by BD person named Sharri
    Thanks for reaching out. As far as I know, there isn’t a dedicated spot for leashes on the tecton or vipec toe piece. I think you’d just need to find a good spot for a girth hitch on both ends. The video you put in is probably the best way to do it.
    sproing!