Size:  146.4 KB

Great start to the season.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Name:  IMG_4307.JPG
Views: 1378
Size:  146.4 KB

Great start to the season.
    Yep. Great up top but verrryyy sporty bottom half. Name:  IMG_20181112_194909_158.jpeg
Views: 1330
Size:  73.9 KBName:  26680EB040B74E0E66BF8D55E8C047DC.jpeg
Views: 1358
Size:  53.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20181112_121358.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	255278

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Silverstar: Was looking at terrain for easy access/out of ski area ski touring potential...the easterlyish facing stuff above the waste transfer station facing the bus runs has potential; holds cold snow, seems protected from prevailing winds, decent pitch for pow skiing on fatties. Dunno about the more solar facing stuff looker's left of that pocket towards the sovereign lakes road. Looks like the pitch/fall line is half decent as well. Does it hold snow? Does it get nuked by wind?

Anyone look into the development of a coupla cut runs like the Smithers "Hankin Project" ski touring area up in nwbc? Yeah, I know it's a park but considering the large scale logging of beetle kill scarring the landscape, a coupla cut runs or some judicious glading wouldn't cause the world to end?

Name:  ss.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  76.8 KB

Roadside ski run exit turns. A summer of skiing gravel pits made hitting rocks every coupla turns feel natural. Let the snow season of Eclectic Descents begin.

Warm afternoon, snow melt water dripping from trees on solar aspects. Shaded snow dry with some nice surface hoar growth at surface.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100203.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	384.9 KB 
ID:	256329
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Silverstar: Was looking at terrain for easy access/out of ski area ski touring potential...the easterlyish facing stuff above the waste transfer station facing the bus runs has potential; holds cold snow, seems protected from prevailing winds, decent pitch for pow skiing on fatties. Dunno about the more solar facing stuff looker's left of that pocket towards the sovereign lakes road. Looks like the pitch/fall line is half decent as well. Does it hold snow? Does it get nuked by wind?

Anyone look into the development of a coupla cut runs like the Smithers "Hankin Project" ski touring area up in nwbc? Yeah, I know it's a park but considering the large scale logging of beetle kill scarring the landscape, a coupla cut runs or some judicious glading wouldn't cause the world to end?

Name:  ss.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  76.8 KB

Roadside ski run exit turns. A summer of skiing gravel pits made hitting rocks every coupla turns feel natural. Let the snow season of Eclectic Descents begin.

Warm afternoon, snow melt water dripping from trees on solar aspects. Shaded snow dry with some nice surface hoar growth at surface.

Name:	P1100203.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	384.9 KB 
ID:	256329
    Thats pretty dense bush there I am pretty sure. The more southerly stuff around the corner closer to Sovereign lakes has been thinned out due to beetle kill already. It does get nuked but last winter was good coverage.

There is a lot of potential out of bounds in the back side for cutting runs but thats a long skin or you need to take the lifts.

Pack extra jerky up at the gorge, this guy is still awake and looks hungry!

Name:	IMG_4870.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	256650

not my pic

Yikes!! Good practice for quick change overs. Are they still
    Plowing?

No.....

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    No.....
    10/4 thanks. Enjoy it with Yogi

Good snow and good times at mona pow last weekend. About 120cm at 1800m. Some pretty nasty layers down deep but we did not have any thing moving.

[ video]https://youtu.be/Zp9xrTJYvZA[/video]

https://youtu.be/Zp9xrTJYvZA

wtf happened to embedding videos? Or am I missing something?

Good snow and good times at mona pow last weekend. About 120cm at 1800m. Some pretty nasty layers down deep but we did not have any thing moving.
    Hell of a party for November!

[ video]https://youtu.be/Zp9xrTJYvZA[/video]

https://youtu.be/Zp9xrTJYvZA

Thanks!! How did you do it?

How much base does whitewater need to be good? They’re sitting on 45” settled right now. I was there a couple years ago and it was a little bony early season but don’t remember what the base was.

Southern Interior BC 2018-19

Thanks!! How did you do it?
    If you quote my post it should show it

I took the url minus the http and put it a “youtube” surrounded by “[ ]” and a “youtube” surrounded by “[/ ]”

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    If you quote my post it should show it

I took the url minus the http and put it between
    Thanks!!!

Someone skied the Macdonald West Winter prohibited area above Rogers Pass. Sure hope it wasn't a maggot than needs to RTFM. Putting continued access to skiing at Rogers Pass at risk is NOT cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    How much base does whitewater need to be good? They’re sitting on 45” settled right now. I was there a couple years ago and it was a little bony early season but don’t remember what the base was.
    2m is about minimum for full coverage in any of the Ymir bowls. Not sure the min needed for the new front face.

Ya that’s messed up. Dumbshits. We were talking about all the new signage at various locations going up Connaught and wondering if they’d be better placing them the full length of the mac d west closure boundary. Wish they could catch them and make an example

It’s really perplexing when you consider how much unregulated / unrestricted terrain exists out there.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Name:	20181208_183939944_iOS.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	259300
    Early season turns yesterday in the Southern Valhallas. Should be pretty wild if we get all the snow that’s been forecast on top of hoar frost and facets.

coming from the coast to rossland for a couple days before heading to slocan to tour valhalla prov. park. where should i tour out of rossland? don't know the area at all and based on red's webpage, looks like it's still low tide. suggestions appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    coming from the coast to rossland for a couple days before heading to slocan to tour valhalla prov. park. where should i tour out of rossland? don't know the area at all and based on red's webpage, looks like it's still low tide. suggestions appreciated
    Driving to Kootenay Pass has been the only reasonable option, but its currently dumping, with 25cm+ forecast for the next 24 hours, so local lines might become skiable soon.

Any recommendations for boot fitters in the southern area (Rossland/Nelson). Spokane area shops left something to be desired for my feet.

I’m leaning toward Gericks in Nelson just owing to the pricing and appearance of knowledge from the website. Looking for an actual bootfitter to look at my feet, and do some custom shell work, everywhere I’ve tried down in the US has shuffled me off to some new kid and nobody seemed to have good personal knowledge of bootfitting nor wanted to take any time.

Ian McAdams at the Village Ski Hut in Nelson is the bootfitter you’re looking for.