Page 57 of 197 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4912
    Congrats on being a troll, you are free to join Steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Congrats on being a troll, you are free to join Steep.
    Am I a troll if I believe in my posts, which are fact based
    You say you’ve done all this Mc riding and yrs of mtb. I thought I remember saying you hadn’t ridden much in years? Just another dabbler know it all I’d guess. Get in line poser

Am I a troll if I believe in my posts, which are fact based
    You say you’ve done all this Mc riding and yrs of mtb. I thought I remember saying you hadn’t ridden much in years? Just another dabbler know it all I’d guess. Get in line poser
    Not sure how you can believe in something that you have never done. Whatever.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

I don't ride as much as I use to but I still managed a little over 1000 miles over the course of a somewhat short and at times very smokey Montana summer.

I got a nice little snow bike ride in today.

I also think you have me confused with someone who gives a shit what you think.

Dabbler? Poser? Now you want to descend into the world of online insults?

Yeah you are winning.

You were throwing the insults bud. Guess that doesn’t matter because you’re so informed on the issue. Tell us more about your mountain conquests. We care. Honest

This message is hidden because grinch is on your ignore list.
    View Post

Remove user from ignore list

Sweet! One at a time

BTW.what real mt biker measures their season in miles? Road bikers do that. Mileage varies too much on dirt duh. Days newb. We measure in days

The two things that standout with someone using the name” “not” bunion”
    1. Easily triggered/butthurt
    2. Troll
    I mean who goes to that length. Wierdo

BTW.what real mt biker measures their season in miles? Road bikers do that. Mileage varies too much on dirt duh. Days newb. We measure in days

Mileage varies too much on dirt duh.
    Bwhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha! Are the 5280' shorter and longer on given days of the week?

Now that is signature worthy.

Holy shit you are funny.

OK I will go back to ignoring you now but thanks for the chuckle.

I thought you pussied out and blocked me? Telling

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Admittedly when I see videos like this in areas I've been (I've hike-a-biked that same section Bryn rides at 1:00) and thought about you're comment made weeks ago about local 7000' climbs (assuming Cartier?) the thought of an eBike has me intrigued. I'm a fuckin' fit climber, I love it, I'm fast, and can do some big climbs (like Cartier). The ability to actually pedal up instead of hike-a-bike most of something like that would be INSANE. Now I really don't know the actual climbing capabilities of these bikes but I'm starting to watch a few videos and realizing that these things may actually make it UP some impossibly steep trails which could be really cool. This is where I'm starting to realize the potential of these machines.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Admittedly when I see videos like this in areas I've been (I've hike-a-biked that same section Bryn rides at 1:00) and thought about you're comment made weeks ago about local 7000' climbs (assuming Cartier?) the thought of an eBike has me intrigued. I'm a fuckin' fit climber, I love it, I'm fast, and can do some big climbs (like Cartier). The ability to actually pedal up instead of hike-a-bike most of something like that would be INSANE. Now I really don't know the actual climbing capabilities of these bikes but I'm starting to watch a few videos and realizing that these things may actually make it UP some impossibly steep trails which could be really cool. This is where I'm starting to realize the potential of these machines.
    Yes!! I think I’d ride Cartier several times a year and joss. It could be a possibility next year. Not sure how the rca meeting went 2 days ago but there was to be an ebike discussion. RMR has built 2 new trails from near the top and they’re planning on having a fleet of emtb’s. Add in the proposed connections to Cartier with the fairly sizeable trail system that’s also proposed together with existing rmr trails that would be huge. If you’ve toured out to the other side of Kokanee bowl you may have noticed how ez it is to access the ridge on Cartier on the south side of the peak. That’d be fairly straight forward trail building and great access to Cartier trail from the top. Sooo many options. Never see anyone out at joss. That’d be amazing. Love that trail. If you haven’t watched it you may want to scroll back to “the slab” vid I posted . That gives a good indication of their uphill climbing capabilities.
    I hope they see some benefits at the meeting they had. I think the bike shops would eventually grow to really like it. It does pump cyclist numbers by 11% on average. Most emtb riders prefer to by from shops rather than online as well. With the vertical around here it makes sense. Climbing joss or sale takes a fair bit out of the tank I’d like to have for the down. I’m not into a 7000ft Cartier hike a bike. I think I’ve cleaned everything on razors edge(not sure if all on one ride though) but imagine the added flow through there or all the k country trails that are little used hiking trails because they’re generally too steep for bikes(misty ridge comes to mind). Endless possibilities there away from crowds

The reality is that where I live, Mad River Valley VT, had a rep as a place for climbers. Not many rides you could do without 2000' of climbing over 10 miles, with 3 of that all up. Now the local club has been promoting "shuttling" and at least 75% of the riding on the older trails is shuttle assist. They, along with VMBA, will be the first to embrace e-bikes for the increase revenue due to new riders jumping into mtb.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Grinch, if you ever make it to Tahoe hit me up and you can try my Haibike. Everyone who has tried it wants to get one after and starts researching and trying to figure out how they will convince their spouse to let them buy.

I'm saving for a 2nd eMTB because it's really discouraging to my friends that ride with me to try to keep up, and I have to use the lowest power mode which isn't as fun. I'd like to have a 2nd as a loaner. My company has negotiated a 25% discount and I can use commuter benefits to offset some of the rest.

I've given up trying to argue with people about what it is. People will make their own decisions based on their own priorities. This group is particularly / largely against them, but that isn't surprising given the high level of super fit outdoors oriented people who value self sufficiency and achievement above all. To me it's all about having fun but it depends on what you think of as "fun". Attitudes will slowly change and a few on here may jump on board someday, but I think most won't.

Are you riding it on trails that are designated non-motorized?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The reality is that where I live, Mad River Valley VT, had a rep as a place for climbers. Not many rides you could do without 2000' of climbing over 10 miles, with 3 of that all up. Now the local club has been promoting "shuttling" and at least 75% of the riding on the older trails is shuttle assist. They, along with VMBA, will be the first to embrace e-bikes for the increase revenue due to new riders jumping into mtb.
    Sounds like they’ve got it going on. I can’t remember hearing of shuttling in the east. Why not emtb if they’re shuttling atm. Options. Can’t always organize a shuttle group with work schedules and friends fam responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Grinch, if you ever make it to Tahoe hit me up and you can try my Haibike. Everyone who has tried it wants to get one after and starts researching and trying to figure out how they will convince their spouse to let them buy.

I'm saving for a 2nd eMTB because it's really discouraging to my friends that ride with me to try to keep up, and I have to use the lowest power mode which isn't as fun. I'd like to have a 2nd as a loaner. My company has negotiated a 25% discount and I can use commuter benefits to offset some of the rest.

I've given up trying to argue with people about what it is. People will make their own decisions based on their own priorities. This group is particularly / largely against them, but that isn't surprising given the high level of super fit outdoors oriented people who value self sufficiency and achievement above all. To me it's all about having fun but it depends on what you think of as "fun". Attitudes will slowly change and a few on here may jump on board someday, but I think most won't.
    Damn! Both Tahoe and an emtb tip sound pretty good . Thanks. Getting one is at the top of my list even though it’s basically ski season. Going to try and seriously limit ski equipment purchases to hopefully get on an off season emtb sale
    Not worried about the stinkfoots in this thread. Funny that they call me a troll when I’ve never called anyone out(unless they quote me). They’ve quoted me and I respond and they don’t like it so I’m the troll. I post a bike or a vid and they’re triggered. They start quoting and twisting shit. I wind them up and they call me a troll. They “quoted” me to start not the other way around. Usually how it happens. It’s funny. Last I checked it’s the “e bike” thread. They should start an “anti e bike trail advocacy thread” and have a safe space to cuddle when the big bad G is being a meany. It’s funny. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest

I guess I’d be interested in hearing some real world anecdotes about trails being lost due to eMTB traffic. Sounds like some people have experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I guess I’d be interested in hearing some real world anecdotes about trails being lost due to eMTB traffic. Sounds like some people have experience with this?
    It's only happened in one place (so far) that I know of. But it is starting to be used as one more bullet point in the anti MTB rhetoric. I've already seen it firsthand in Marin. So glad I don't ride there.

I was under the impression it’s their self righteousness and/or ego that has them anti emtb , not closures that have happened. Hard to have an open mind and see any kind of positive if they can’t control their ego. Everything gets twisted to support their ego. Notice how none of them have acknowledged any positives but instead likened them to mx bikes when they’re clearly designed for mtb ing. Hence “emtb”

Edit: to avoid butthurt ^^this is a blanket statement not meant for anyone or thing in particular. Fkn hell, what’s with thetiming

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    . Notice how none of them have acknowledged any positives but instead likened them to mx bikes when they’re clearly designed for mtb ing. Hence “emtb”
    Or 'PedalMX'!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I haven't seen anything get closed because of ebike traffic. But like TahoeJ said, it's becoming a standard line item in anti-bike comments to land managers. And pretty much every land manager we deal with has raised them as a concern. So far, at least around here, it hasn't evolved much beyond "a concern," mostly just because there aren't many of them on the trails. Whether it actually becomes a problem or not probably just depends on how much ebike use increases, and how quickly that increase comes.

Judging by the comments in the Nik Nesterof vid on pinkbike. They don’t need emtb’s as an excuse to close trails. Make no mistake, they will use that excuse but without them , Cali in particular, trail use will be subject to some kind of inappropriate excuse

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/a-mome...una-beach.html

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Or 'PedalMX'!
    I’m ok with that. Braaap!!

Estoke
    Hope the kids ok. Nice kid. Good channel out ripping it up with his pops

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Are you riding it on trails that are designated non-motorized?
    I assume that's directed at me. The answer is "Yes!". But wait, before you start typing furiously, there are places - lots of them - that are designated non-motorized, but allow eBikes. Examples include, but are not limited to: Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park, Santa Clara County Parks, and many California State Parks. I estimate that at least 400 miles of these exist in the Bay area and Tahoe. I live part time in both places so it works out nicely. When in doubt, call the land managers like I did on about 10 different occasions.

Well, if it's an area where they've been specifically exempted that's fine, obviously. That's not what I'm talking about.

https://www.aspendailynews.com/news/...3e9daf840.html

I bought my wife an Ebike the day they allowed them on the local MUTs. I ride it more than she does.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3177.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	254952