Page 42 of 268 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

A coworker finally got her pass after 5 rejections of her photo as it was designated as "no person is recognized". Something to do with the background. Then she showed me the picture on her boyfriend's pass.....it was her cat. I guess the background was OK with that one.

Two passes and one lanyard in our pack. Now my wife and I have to ski attached at the neck.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

^^^^That is some funny shit right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Another well socialized doctor.
    Not yet, if he's still in med skool.

But he does already have a Rover, so there's that.

And he's gonna be a trauma-rama drama queen. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Two passes and one lanyard in our pack. Now my wife and I have to ski attached at the neck.
    agreed....3 passes and only one lanyard. my envelope looked like it was chewed on a little by a hungry mailman so i figured they fell out. guess i wasnt the only one.

I thought mine was going to get rejected but it didn't- now I'm stuck looking like I could deepthroat a traffic cone for the rest of the season!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1023181608a_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	333 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	252262  
    Last edited by markcjr; 10-30-2018 at 02:34 PM.

I got my pass. It has a previous pass photo that must be over ten years old. I didn't upload it. I've had a handful of different pictures since. Wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post

Shoplift a Vail Inc lanyard. That'll show em.

do people still use lanyards?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Im patiently waiting for that yellow envelope of joy to show itself in my mailbox. They must be putting Ohio on the backburner for shipping. Cant wait for some Canada exploration this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    I thought mine was going to get rejected but it didn't- now I'm stuck looking like I could deepthroat a traffic cone for the rest of the season!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1023181608a_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	333 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	252262

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app
    Hahah that's good

mine arrived last night? Any idea how this thing works? Is it rfid, does it need to be scanned? Do we have to go inside for the limited days resorts?
    No info with the pass, on the IKON website or on the Squaw or Mammoth web sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, there's actually a giant fold-out map in there too, along with marker stickers for each place you've been.... which I've already put in the recycle.
    So you prolly didn't notice the fancy yellow text under the stickers (i just noticed myself)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8535.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	569.1 KB 
ID:	253109

The RMSP+ had decent discounts for getting skis tuned/waxed. I think it was like 30% which made it worthwhile to drop skis off in the AM, ski, and pick them up on my way out. I'm not seeing any reference to discounts for these services at any resort let alone the Front Range Colorado ones. Can anyone else confirm?

I have three pairs of skis that could use a tune. Does anybody have a place in Denver that is relatively cheap where I can drop my skis off and get a fresh tune? I'm not too excited to drop ~$150 on skis that aren't pristine, but need a tune.

BTW: The pass unboxing with my 3-year-old daughter was awesome. We even took the patch and ironed it onto one of her fleeces. She is stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    I thought mine was going to get rejected but it didn't- now I'm stuck looking like I could deepthroat a traffic cone for the rest of the season!

You may want to go back & crop that photo and not publish the bar code & acct number

& great photo!

I think guy with the cat photo is gonna get pulled over for not looking like the cat

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    The RMSP+ had decent discounts for getting skis tuned/waxed. I think it was like 30% which made it worthwhile to drop skis off in the AM, ski, and pick them up on my way out. I'm not seeing any reference to discounts for these services at any resort let alone the Front Range Colorado ones. Can anyone else confirm?

I have three pairs of skis that could use a tune. Does anybody have a place in Denver that is relatively cheap where I can drop my skis off and get a fresh tune? I'm not too excited to drop ~$150 on skis that aren't pristine, but need a tune.

BTW: The pass unboxing with my 3-year-old daughter was awesome. We even took the patch and ironed it onto one of her fleeces. She is stoked!
    Confluence Kayaks, they are down by the aquarium/REI. Only place I'd trust with my skis. Cant speak to relative pricing; basic tunes I do myself, I go to the guys I trust when the work that's needed gets beyond what can be done with file and an old iron. I wouldn't suggest choosing a shop based on price.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    mine arrived last night? Any idea how this thing works? Is it rfid, does it need to be scanned? Do we have to go inside for the limited days resorts?
    No info with the pass, on the IKON website or on the Squaw or Mammoth web sites.
    It's supposed to be RFID according to other threads I've seen, and yeah, most likely have to go to ticket booth or something for places who don't have it.

Any Canadians get theirs yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    You may want to go back & crop that photo and not publish the bar code & acct number

& great photo!

I think guy with the cat photo is gonna get pulled over for not looking like the cat
    I tried to delete the photo and cropped it in my editor, but it will not let me delete the original. If anyone has an idea of how to do that let me know. Thanks!
    Mark

Crystal Ski Shop in Boulder (NOT Christy Sports) usually has a coupon for $10 basic tunes right about now. Haven't searched this year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What Danno said. They also do mounts for a good price ($35, might be up to $40 this year.) I think the head tech guy's name is Alex. He's quite good. It's a solid underrated well-priced place for ski work.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    It's supposed to be RFID according to other threads I've seen, and yeah, most likely have to go to ticket booth or something for places who don't have it.

Any Canadians get theirs yet?
    All of the partner resorts are supposed to have an Ikon Pass server that is integrated with their pass scanning system. Means that their intent is to allow Ikon Pass holders to go straight to the lift at all resorts, including the partner resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    What Danno said. They also do mounts for a good price ($35, might be up to $40 this year.) I think the head tech guy's name is Alex. He's quite good. It's a solid underrated well-priced place for ski work.
    Interesting... I’ve had skis come back w drier bases and worse off after a basic tune at crystal... that being said, they tried to make it right.
    I’ve gotten great deals on good tunes from christys. Ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    All of the partner resorts are supposed to have an Ikon Pass server that is integrated with their pass scanning system. Means that their intent is to allow Ikon Pass holders to go straight to the lift at all resorts, including the partner resorts.
    But rfid is integrated in the pass, and is dependent upon whether the resort uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    But rfid is integrated in the pass, and is dependent upon whether the resort uses it?
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Crystal Ski Shop in Boulder (NOT Christy Sports) usually has a coupon for $10 basic tunes right about now. Haven't searched this year.
    There it is. Thanks!

Through Sunday you can take your skis in to get $15 off basic and full tunes.

http://www.crystalskishop.com