Page 150 of 599 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 14972

Thread: ON3P SKIS Discussion

My new 189 BG’s showed up today. Need to get them out in this little winter refresh to see if they are more my vibe than the SG’s.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by skialpy View Post
    Purchased a pair of Kartel 116s and skied them this year. They are fun but having issues with hooky tips in skied out slopes. I came off of the OG Moment Bibby 186 which had its widest point all the way out near the tip. Wondering if the hookiness is a product of the taper or if I need to detune (or other theories). Also unsure if I know what tip hook is but basically the tip catches at the apex of the turn occasionally and kinda hyperextends my knee.
    Taper makes a ski less hooky.

Grab a gummy stone and start detuning.

Purchased a pair of Kartel 116s and skied them this year. They are fun but having issues with hooky tips in skied out slopes. I came off of the OG Moment Bibby 186 which had its widest point all the way out near the tip. Wondering if the hookiness is a product of the taper or if I need to detune (or other theories). Also unsure if I know what tip hook is but basically the tip catches at the apex of the turn occasionally and kinda hyperextends my knee.
    My 186 Kartel 98’s were sorta like this at first, in fresher snow. Never felt it on the groomers. Aggressive use of a gummi stone took care of that feeling. Still, they’re nowhere near as agile/quick turning as my 184 Goats (the K98’s are custom w/ extra carbon and wood veneer).

Like others have said, detune forward and rearward of the widest point. I personally keep a left and right ski and detune more aggressively on the outside edges than the inside edges.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Never experienced that on a 116. I aggresively gummy from the contact points out.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    My new 189 BG’s showed up today. Need to get them out in this little winter refresh to see if they are more my vibe than the SG’s.
    Not that I need them, but dibs on your SG if they aren't your vibe. You got Grizzlycorns, correct?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Not that I need them, but dibs on your SG if they aren't your vibe. You got Grizzlycorns, correct?
    Do it... 2Funky is spot on... He bought my 191 Billy's and the SGs are outstanding... And I will respond to your Praxis BC question - I got my dream sales gig and is crushing me right now so have been absent on the board...

The SGs took care of the issues I had with the 191... And if I remember correctly BM got the flag topsheet in std flex, which is the flex I got... And yes it is stiffer than our 191s...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    And I will respond to your Praxis BC question -
    what was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

TGR.Mag.Wren98
    TGR.Mag.Wren108
    TGR.Mag.Kartel98
    TGR.Mag.Kartel108
    TGR.Mag.Kartel116
    TGR.Mag.Jessie
    TGR.Mag.Steeple
    TGR.Mag.BillyGoat

All still live. Discount varies by model.
    Bumping these as I suspect a some of you just got an email with a $100 off spring sale code. These codes have a higher discount so use em if you are in need of skis. I think we under 50 pairs left for the year so don't expect them around for much longer.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Wow, On3p almost sold out of the BG's just in the past few days.

I kind of want a Steeple 116, but have no more $$. They will be gone forever though..hmmm
    BG Tour = Steeple 116 so you will be good there.

Could be detune (normally the sign of things hooking) so before you do anything else, check that. Could be you are over driving the tips a bit too. I would check detune first and go from there. Give us a call if you want to talk more directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Will be interested to get your feedback. For Stevens, I think most people would be happier with the stock BG. Just so much tree skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Good on you, saved me from doing that myself.

Though it might mean they get me for another retail purchase when the grizzlycorn bases return.

Speaking of, Scott. Are those going to reappear at any point?
    I think so. Maybe fall.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Nah, Luke over at Moment already perfected the snowlerblade with his Too $hort Biotch design. Back to back golden saucers at the Pain McShlonkey Classic, including last weekend.
    Luke and the guys there did a great job on those. Right now I have team guys asking for a soft twin tip Mono...so that would happen first.

Right now I have team guys asking for a soft twin tip Mono...so that would happen first.
    Heard that on the podcast. That should be amazing... MONOSKI!!! (I actually would like to try it sometime just out of sheer curiosity)

Right now I have team guys asking for a soft twin tip Mono...so that would happen first.
    Looking to expand your Euro base?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Heard that on the podcast. That should be amazing... MONOSKI!!! (I actually would like to try it sometime just out of sheer curiosity)
    I'm just sitting here being like "guys....you better not hurt yourselves."

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Looking to expand your Euro base?
    It's the euros asking.

Lol, naturally.

Hm, that leads me to question that I've never thought of... have you ever considered making snowboards, noboards, snoskate decks, waterskis, or any other laminated planks?

^^ Scott is likely shaking his head and muttering WTF is wrong with you people? lol
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Deservedly.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    what was the question?
    forgot what damn thread I was on, ahem.....

Maybe this was the question, "Should I buy some Praxis BCs?"

Maybe this was the answer, "Don't be stupid, your wife is going to be skiing that shit, ski some man skis..."

twice stoopid, peace out

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    have you ever considered making snowboards
    Not professional.

have you ever considered making noboards
    Kill me

have you ever considered making snoskate decks?

have you ever considered making waterskis
    When the snow is gone...

have you ever considered making any other laminated planks?
    We've always joked our back up plan would be $2000 Bespoke desks. We made all the desks in the offices and they came out pretty sweet. Technically laminated.

All that said - we're pretty content just making skis.

^^ Scott is likely shaking his head and muttering WTF is wrong with you people? lol
    Let's be real. I have this reaction frequently.

Haha, sorry to waste your time.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

No you're not.

All good. I have a bit of athlete-related-noboard rage so that word noboard sends me to a dark place.

RES Powder monoski? Monogoat?

We've always joked our back up plan would be $2000 Bespoke desks. We made all the desks in the offices and they came out pretty sweet. Technically laminated.

All that said - we're pretty content just making skis.
    What flex are your desks? Rocker pics?? Can I buy an extra stiff version?

I would buy a Monogoat. Or a Desist. Or a ON3P BBW (Big Beautiful Wrocket)