Page 1006 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 ... LastLast
Results 25,126 to 25,150 of 41298
    Hmmmm I’m scheduled to have a baby delivered via c-section on the 18th of April. I’ll need to see how the Mrs is feeling on the 14th. I’m tentative that I can make it. It’s high time I met up with some of you WP regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Hmmmm I’m scheduled to have a baby delivered via c-section on the 18th of April. I’ll need to see how the Mrs is feeling on the 14th. I’m tentative that I can make it. It’s high time I met up with some of you WP regulars.
    "C'mon honey! It's my last chance to have you as a DD!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    and You better be posting this shit from the WP liftline this morning. 10”
    I wish. I am skiing tomorrow as my kid is in a lesson, and considering how swamped I am at work, I shouldn't even be doing that (but grateful for the opportunity).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    discussing a late winter 20BBI with the Coloradmags.
    Name:  tumblr_m5ns5d8cHR1qgeyd8o1_500.gif
Views: 420
Size:  995.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Congrats on the mini mag. We have one due mid September.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Good point - sure, 14th be good. It's on the family calendar.
    I'm not OG and am naive to the "tradition" , but fuck it, there's enough MJ mags here. Round up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mferro_112608_desafioedomex_0441.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	228496

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Congrats on the mini mag. We have one due mid September.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... DON'T DO IT.

Oh, wait. Too late.

Doubly too late, this is #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Doubly too late, this is #2.

Whatever you do, don't go for a 3rd. Don't ask me how I know this.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Whatever you do, don't go for a 3rd. Don't ask me how I know this.
    You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! And even slightly less well-known is this: never let yourself get outnumbered by your offspring!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Winter park going off today!

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 1.16.47 PM.png
Views: 444
Size:  391.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! And even slightly less well-known is this: never let yourself get outnumbered by your offspring!
    I can say with 98.95% certainty that, at this point, I'd prefer a land war in Asia. They are all teenagers at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Winter park going off today!

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 1.16.47 PM.png
Views: 444
Size:  391.7 KB
    Nice photo of some Little Cottonwood Canyon resort...

^^^
    Nice photo of someone back seating, back-slappin that pow to make it look 3x as deep as it is.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    ^^^
    Nice photo of someone back seating, back-slappin that pow to make it look 3x as deep as it is.
    Not everyone can be as great as we are or we wouldn't be as special as we are.

loveland was sick this morning as well

Best day I've had at CB this season (not saying much...) Is it too late to talk about Epic/CB or have we moved on to actual conditions and maggot meetups?

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    loveland was sick this morning as well
    Agreed!

Is it too late to talk about Epic/CB [/QUOTE]

no please do. All of my friends who live there are saying the whole town seems to be quite pissed

OK, here goes.

CBMR had to do something. Not being on either Epic or Ikon wasn't going to cut it from a business standpoint. I get that, and I think most people do. Local businesses will do well. Rentals will do well. I got a call from a lukewarm client who is far more interested now, given an expected bump in rentals and appreciation from a giant number of Epic passholders. On the other hand, I had clients text me "this is the end".

Epic vs Ikon... maybe the same shit, but CB has always had more in common with Aspen or even Winter Park vs Breck and Vail. We've positioned ourselves as "we're not Vail" for 15+ years, and now we are Vail, or at least that's what the feeling is. From a CBMR passholder perspective, this sucks bigtime. We get a bunch of shitty resorts that none of us have any interest in, even if they were free instead of 50% off. The only resort of any interest whatsoever for the average CBMR passholder is Whistler, and maybe Kirkwood. In return, we're going to get huge lines while Epic holders get 7 free days and we get 50%. That's where the biggest complaint is- we get so little in return- it's a raw deal and everyone thinks CBMR could have negotiated a better deal for passholders..

Anyone know how many RMSP passholders there were this year? Just wondering how much bigger Epic really is.

Personally, I'm trying to remember that my first year, '96-'97, was the highwater mark for CBMR visits, at ~600K. I don't remember it being that bad, and that was before East River and Red Lady were quads. I'm sure I'll survive the Epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    OK, here goes.

CBMR had to do something. Not being on either Epic or Ikon wasn't going to cut it from a business standpoint. I get that, and I think most people do. Local businesses will do well. Rentals will do well. I got a call from a lukewarm client who is far more interested now, given an expected bump in rentals and appreciation from a giant number of Epic passholders. On the other hand, I had clients text me "this is the end".

Epic vs Ikon... maybe the same shit, but CB has always had more in common with Aspen or even Winter Park vs Breck and Vail. We've positioned ourselves as "we're not Vail" for 15+ years, and now we are Vail, or at least that's what the feeling is. From a CBMR passholder perspective, this sucks bigtime. We get a bunch of shitty resorts that none of us have any interest in, even if they were free instead of 50% off. The only resort of any interest whatsoever for the average CBMR passholder is Whistler, and maybe Kirkwood. In return, we're going to get huge lines while Epic holders get 7 free days and we get 50%. That's where the biggest complaint is- we get so little in return- it's a raw deal and everyone thinks CBMR could have negotiated a better deal for passholders..

Anyone know how many RMSP passholders there were this year? Just wondering how much bigger Epic really is.

Personally, I'm trying to remember that my first year, '96-'97, was the highwater mark for CBMR visits, at ~600K. I don't remember it being that bad, and that was before East River and Red Lady were quads. I'm sure I'll survive the Epicness.
    You'll see an uptick, but only from people who have Epic Passes who actually would post on a forum like TGR. The majority of the EPIC gapers aren't going to drive to Crested Butte and will be just fine with their 10-15 ski days split between Keystone/Abasin/Breck + one day at Vail.

The influx of rmsp+ skiers has been highly noticeable. Epic is sure to be far more noticeable.

Yup, lots of people besides DEN metro have Epic. Springs, Pueblo, etc. etc.

Hell i'm out on the KS line and have done Epic for a lot of years. Abasin for me, and then the other resorts for meeting friends that would fly in and want to ski Breck or Vail.

Stowe people making thier yearly trip west, CA in a drought.

Maggot type skiers have always wanted a few CB days, but full pop ticket price, plus lodging has kept that from happening much.

It will all add up.

Never understood why CB hasn't played nice with Monarch, Wolf, Purg, and the NM resorts? Met lots of people at Monarch that have come up from the south chasing snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You'll see an uptick, but only from people who have Epic Passes who actually would post on a forum like TGR. The majority of the EPIC gapers aren't going to drive to Crested Butte and will be just fine with their 10-15 ski days split between Keystone/Abasin/Breck + one day at Vail.
    My thought a well. May be an initial influx until they realize how far it is. Sure their will be an uptick, but it is not Vail-magedon,

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The influx of rmsp+ skiers has been highly noticeable. Epic is sure to be far more noticeable.
    This. The uptick will be noticeable and significant.

Businesses and short term rentals will win. I hope it helps smooth cash flow for the local businesses.

I hope it provides cash to CBMR and they can spend some capital on infrastructure.

As a pass holder with no business interest and we do not rent out our condo, this is a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums