Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    That's obvious misinformation or at least incomplete. BC ticket gets you out to symphony or top of showcase no problem. Probably with room for an extra lift in case of wrong turn. I've had friends use them for both exit points. Minimum # of lifts to the glacier gate on Blackcomb is 4. On whistler minimum would be 2 but most will ride symphony if it's running so call it 3. It's 5 if you fitz/garbo. I've never tested it but I think 6 rides is a safe assumption, and no there's no way they program your one day bc ticket for a specific route.
    I think you're misinterpreting it. You can only ride the gondola once. That doesn't mean you can't ride any other lifts.

I'll be up Friday lapping groomers if anyone wants to join me.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I'll be blindly exploring tomorrow if you'd like some company.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Found some snow of acceptable quality in Central Duffey S of highway. 20cms HST on the MFc at lower elevations. 30-35cms HST on the MFc on NW and W aspects at higher elevations on leeward slopes. Scattered clouds. Winds light at TL. -5 at ridgeline at approx 2100m

140cms HS on windward; 185cms HS leeward - behold the power of wind transport.

Surface sluff moving but no other obs of note
    thanks for the update lee. did you get a look at the avy path straight down to the road from the gas-X cannon? wondering if the bottom is in yet

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    I'll be blindly exploring tomorrow if you'd like some company.
    I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    thanks for the update lee. did you get a look at the avy path straight down to the road from the gas-X cannon? wondering if the bottom is in yet
    51 has a pronounced MFc below 1400m covered with a skiff of snow. The 300m of mogulled debris to valleyfloor was not enticing. Settled for 52, 51.5, ValleyX laps then out

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    51 has a pronounced MFc below 1400m covered with a skiff of snow. The 300m of mogulled debris to valleyfloor was not enticing. Settled for 52, 51.5, ValleyX laps then out

thx, didn't know they had names

So, I was there all last week and it snowed 1 to 6 inches most nights...but got much colder and snowed during the day Friday. Visibility very poor up high, so few attempted it....here's a shot at 9am 1/13/18 at Creekside when I left. A big MLK crowd seems to have arrived. Curious if it has cleared, and if so, how much new or fresh tracks there was up top.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    A big MLK crowd seems to have arrived.
    Apparently our visit coincides with Whistler Pride week. I could care less how people roll...but wondering if this is a crazy crowd volume week or just par for the course in that there’s always something going on?

Thai time of year it is always packed, although the lifts lines during the week won’t be that bad, more the village will be full.

Its a big ski weekend in the States, although I suspect some passholders may have headed North...wasn't that busy weekdays except Friday morning, and some of that could have been visibility on the upper mountain.

I have booked for Feb 11 to Feb 16 for 6 days... was there same days last year - the first day the Sunday is Stupid busy but after that its fine...

looking forward to it....

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Apparently our visit coincides with Whistler Pride week. I could care less how people roll...but wondering if this is a crazy crowd volume week or just par for the course in that there’s always something going on?
    If you want to see a bunch of tourists super stoked to be skiing regardless of their actual ability to ski then visit Whistler during pride week

That is 1/21-28, not this week, btw.

Yeah, 25-26 are our on mtn dates. This coming week looks pretty good, oh well.

Happy to see that the April WSSF festival is merely scaled down (apparently now only 6 days, instead of 10)---instead of completely cancelled by VailCorp.

The Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme is back!
    see https://twitter.com/WhistlerBlckcmb/...74535875284997
    and http://wssf.com/

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

would love to see a ski mountaineering race during WSSF

Yeah, 25-26 are our on mtn dates. This coming week looks pretty good, oh well.
    STRAYA day. Will be entertaining

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Spent the past few days up at Whitecap. North aspects held great pow with reasonable stability and we had two full bluebird days to explore the tenure. The terrain is amazing up there and the crew does a great job, will be going back for sure, probably later in the season to get on steeper/bigger lines.

Juicy looking cycle coming through to Whistler, right on time after a mediocre American long weekend. Maybe it will be 3 for 3 this season with President’s Day next month?

heading to Whitecap on Tuesday - love that place! - thanks for the update on conditions there - will be sharing this with the rest of the inbound crew

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    STRAYA day. Will be entertaining
    STRAYA as in Australia? Other than that I’ve got nothin...

STRAYA as in Australia? Other than that I’ve got nothin...
    Yes, it will be just like any other day in Whistler except all the Aussies will be passed out by 4:00 p.m. instead of midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    heading to Whitecap on Tuesday - love that place! - thanks for the update on conditions there - will be sharing this with the rest of the inbound crew
    Good timing! It was absolutely puking yesterday morning with lots more forecast. We bagged 3 morning pow laps on Telephone Gullies and then almost couldn’t fly out, weather finally broke around 2:30pm.

Can’t wait to go back.

Inbounds conditions that I experienced today on Whistler side:
    - Big Red lift ran at about half-speed due to high winds.
    - All lifts higher than Big Red were closed for wind/weather.
    - Garbanzo lift was full-speed, but wetter down there.
    - Some Garbanzo runs had me finger-wiping wet snow & water off my goggles every 5 seconds.
    - Got wet enough to motivate me to start a waterproofing treatment on my pants & gloves within 1 hour of getting home.

Even higher winds forecasted for Thurs.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes, it will be just like any other day in Whistler except all the Aussies will be passed out by 4:00 p.m. instead of midnight.
    Normally seen queued up at longhorn at 7am in shorts