Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1727
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Nice timing. I just threw it out while cleaning the gear boxes like a week ago. Sorry. You might be able to get one from tyrolia or a tyrolia retailer.
    Heh, story of my life. I was asking for a friend (no, really!) so I'll just pass the bad news along. Thanks anyway.

@alpinord

I took your PDF, remeasured everything several times over with a metal ruler and feel pretty confident about numbers I've put into the PDF. I noted which front holes go with which bindings as it is noted on the jig and where the center line is at 190mm. I'm attaching that image below (my pdf was too big for the forum after edits). Is this now enough to be a functioning template or turned into one and can someone do whatever needs to be done to it for it to function as such if not?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Binding_template_jig_RossiLookRoxyDynastarJrbindings.jpg 
Views:	4496 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	217874

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    @alpinord

I took your PDF, remeasured everything several times over with a metal ruler and feel pretty confident about numbers I've put into the PDF. I noted which front holes go with which bindings as it is noted on the jig and where the center line is at 190mm. I'm attaching that image below (my pdf was too big for the forum after edits). Is this now enough to be a functioning template or turned into one and can someone do whatever needs to be done to it for it to function as such if not?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Binding_template_jig_RossiLookRoxyDynastarJrbindings.jpg 
Views:	4496 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	217874
    I can adjust this easy enough and convert it to a template. Did you print the PDF and put your jig over it to visually align holes?

The 134mm radius you added in lieu of 139mm arc drawn is impossible if the other 134mm radius remains. Did you verify the vertical dimensions? What is your margin of error for each dimension? Generally, I would first wonder why vertically and laterally binding holes wouldn't be to the mm or at least 0.5mm where a radius would be to the nearest 0.1mm.

An alternative approach is to set the jig up on a board or ski with paper on it and punch with 5/16" punch or drill bit or draw holes with a 5/16" pencil or pen. Then you can measure directly on the paper.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Are there any mag coupons for Binding Freedom floating around? I need to place a rather large order for inserts and some Jigarex plates and a coupon would be nice.

Yeah PM Rontele he can hook you up.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Yeah PM Rontele he can hook you up.
    Yawn...

C’mon that joke never gets old.

Try SlideWright for a Maggot discount.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Many thanks for this template! I successfully mounted a pair of Atomic STH2s using this template last night and the holes were all bang on. I was a little nervous when eyeballing my boot length before mounting, so I did a test mount on plywood and it turned out just fine. I ended up moving to the 330 bsl line for my 325mm boots, and I'm still almost at the rear of the binding's adjustment range, so the test mount was a good idea I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Wow forgot about the warden extra holes. If someone wants to measure for me and send dimensions I can update the template.

I finally figured out my export to pdf issues in Solidworks, made a new template with adjustable bsl and everything.

Few things to note. First, the official adjustment range of STH2 is 28-29mm. On the template I indicate this. However, there is a good extra 3mm of adjustment smaller available while still having 2-3 of the worm screw threads engaged. Do so at your own risk. I think it'd be fine, I know Marker only uses 2-3 threads on their worm screws.

As far as instructions, cut the toe piece sheet across at your selected bsl, then match it over the heel piece sheet. Align the center and side lines to match as well, ensuring the templates are aligned correctly. There are three outside lines running the length of the template on each side - depending on width of ski I cut to the appropriate width and use those to help me in aligning the template in the center of the ski (I find it exactly with a wood block and steel ruler, but just for eye-balling purposes). Make sure your scaling is 100% (or actual size)!

Note that I have only verified this for STH2. I need more measurements to add the warden holes.

Enjoy (click on the preview below to download the file. Quality of the actual pdf is much better I promise )

Attachment 202618

Is there a beast 14 template out there somewhere?

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TeenaGeR View Post
    Is there a beast 14 template out there somewhere?
    From what I can tell, the Beast 16 and Beast 14 have identical patterns - thus the Beast 16 template should work fine.
    There's one on BF's site:
    http://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/
    [Direct: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Sn...t1dnFPcEE/edit ]

As always, a test mount, on scrap wood, first would be good, or at minimum, lay your binding on top of the template and verify that it looks good (screw holes are where they should be), and has approximately the right spacing for your boot.

Beast 14 toes are totally different from Beast 16 toes. Heel pieces are identical, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Beast 14 toes are totally different from Beast 16 toes. Heel pieces are identical, IIRC.
    My bad then. I thought I saw pic of a beast jig that had the toes and heels of the 14/16 marked as identical. (i.e. Red was Beast 16 / Green was Beast 14, and was the same sets of holes for both.)

[But, as always I can't find the post now when I need it - I thought it was in this thread...]
    Ah, I did find it, and yup, I'm wrong. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...42#post4344942

But the post below that says the Radical2 and the Beast 14 use the same toe appears to be correct.
    There's this:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...nting-template
    [But how much can you trust me now, eh?! ]

I think I'm going to combine the radical2 toe template with the beast 16 heel, and just line it up using the bindings and my boot. Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app

JUNIOR BINDING TEMPLATES

Just picked up some new junior 4FRNT skis and need a paper JUNIOR BINDING TEMPLATE for some 2017/2018 Tyrolia AC's. Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks in advance!

I mounted my New HOJI yesterday with a Template I found on here for the STH2. I double checked the scale and it was scaled correctly. I put the 335 line of the template on my mount line. Problem I'm having is my 335 bsl boot requires the binding to be all the way back in the adjustment and once the FWD pressure is set it's maxed out. Shouldn't I be in the middle of the adjustment area?
    It's my 7-8th time mounting bindings my self. 1st time having a problem. Wondering if I should re-mount them at 345...

Question for the collective...

I have skis with Pivots and I'm wondering if the Fritschi pattern would play nice for the same BSL, both on the line.
    Anyone know, or have templates for both handy and can check?

I'd rather know if a definitely NO before pulling the Pivots and eyeballing. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    Just a heads up on the Tyrolia template, and this was first mentioned a few years ago in post #788, but the template seems to put you in front of the line, at least for smaller boots. Mounted a pair of Padlock 11s for the wife a year or two ago for a 285 bsl, mondo 24.5, and it ended up being about 5mm ahead of the line and the heels were all the way to the front of the track with correct forward pressure. Was really pissed I didn't do a test mount on those but figured maybe I accidentally mounted for a 295 bsl since that's my boot size, especially since the mount was right on the line and in the middle of the track if adjusted for my boot.

Fast forward to today when I did some test mounts for an Attack 16 using my 295 bsl. Same thing, put me way forward of the line, about 1 cm. To properly adjust for my 295 bsl to be on the line and the heels in the middle of the track, I needed to put the toes for a 282.5 bsl and the heels for a 307.5 bsl.

Just be sure to test mount before using this template and confirm it's putting you where you want to be relative to the line.
    Tried using the template today to for some attack 14s. Test fit shows the bsl gauge being off and you will end up forward of the line if mounted per the template.

Mounted some sollyfit plates with the paper jigs. They are $$$
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Tried using the template today to for some attack 14s. Test fit shows the bsl gauge being off and you will end up forward of the line if mounted per the template.
    Same thing here. With 16/17 Attack 14 AT to be specific.

Question Look Pivot 12 Template

Howdy--

First post--and can't figure out how to search this thread yet. Just picked up a pair of Blizzard Cochise skis and 2016 Look Pivot 12 bindings. Does anyone know what binding template I should use:
    Look Pivot axial (PX)
    Look Pivot axial II
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aventeren View Post
    Howdy--

First post--and can't figure out how to search this thread yet. Just picked up a pair of Blizzard Cochise skis and 2016 Look Pivot 12 bindings. Does anyone know what binding template I should use:
    Look Pivot axial (PX)
    Look Pivot axial II
    Thanks!
    Use the pivot/fks turntable heel template on Bindingfreedom.com, as long as you have the bindings that have the swiveling heel. Those templates you mentioned are not the right for the bindings you have if said what you have correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by aventeren View Post
    Howdy--

Look Pivot axial (PX)
    Look Pivot axial II
    Thanks!
    Just use the FKS paper template from this thread. However, since you seem unable or unwilling to bother looking at the templates to determine whether either template you mentioned matches your actual binding's hole pattern (they don't), I'd strongly advise doing a test mount on a scrap piece of wood first.

Do yourself, and your new Cochises, a favor and read through some of this before proceeding. And don't worry about searching this template thread, just read a few pages of it til you get the idea.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Question for the collective...

I have skis with Pivots and I'm wondering if the Fritschi pattern would play nice for the same BSL, both on the line.
    Anyone know, or have templates for both handy and can check?

I'd rather know if a definitely NO before pulling the Pivots and eyeballing. Thanks!!
    Sorry I missed this. Two of the toe holes will be close (Pivot vs. Vipec/Evo/Tecton) if you mount for the same BSL at the same location.

I don't have a problem with this and mounted with inserts for the same BSL, at the same location for both bindings on my Quixotes.

When I get to my laptop laptop later in the day, I'll upload the overlap pattern I drew.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Sorry I missed this. Two of the toe holes will be close (Pivot vs. Vipec/Evo/Tecton) if you mount for the same BSL at the same location.

I don't have a problem with this and mounted with inserts for the same BSL, at the same location for both bindings on my Quixotes.

When I get to my laptop laptop later in the day, I'll upload the overlap pattern I drew.

... Thom
    Inserts were the plan. I'd appreciate the overlap, if you can. Thanks Thom!