Page 14 of 510 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    ^^^Yup. The seller is either a high-functioning mongoloid, or something is fishy. That ad copy is wacky.

All the old guys in the Class A RVs get jealous when I pull in.

Work in progress. got the windows in, working on the pop top roof. Then a ton more sanding and finish work before painting. Then some suspension and transfer case mods.

looking pretty rad "trackhead". those windows are sano. a strong reason i follow this thread. can't wait to see it inside and out when your finished

From Reno's craigslist -- this looks great. This one is small for our needs, but for a short while, I was considering building a small RV out of a cargo trailer.

http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/2427278257.html
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

TRACKHEAD.. thinkg looks bad ass.....looking forward to seeing your finished product...great job so far......
    always forward but never straight

Little by little.

ya 4x4 shred pod

^^^ Awesome fabrication job. Is it long enough to sleep in?

Quote Originally Posted by snowranger View Post
    ^^^ Awesome fabrication job. Is it long enough to sleep in?
    Pop top/flip out, enough room to sleep wife, me, child. Sort of like a sideways Flip Pac.

that thing is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Little by little.
    Christ that's ugly, yet oh-so awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Christ that's ugly, yet oh-so awesome
    Yup, but it will be functional and for what I have invested in it, and I won't give a shit if I bang it up, unlike some of the $80,000 Sportsmobiles that are just too pretty to beat up. It's tiny and mobile, a step up from an ATV, and that's the point for me. Not to sleep in parking lots, but to go to places like this.

And eventually do this.

I don't agree with Crock. Minimalism and functionality have their own beauty.

I emailed on this just now, but chances are it's already gone.

Any SF Bay Area mags with a large truck and some storage space?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/rvs/2434718769.html
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

FS:PROVAN TIGER CX 4X4 MOTORHOME 19 FT - $19500 (Broomfield, CO)

I emailed on this just now, but chances are it's already gone.

Any SF Bay Area mags with a large truck and some storage space?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/rvs/2434718769.html
    Let us know if you get it - I love a free stuff story like this. Good luck!

In other Ski RV news, I know the price is out there for mags (though it is right in line with NADA & KBB, as well as current sales) but someone needs to jump on this vehicle ASAP:

CL - FS:PROVAN TIGER CX 4X4 MOTORHOME 19 FT - $19500 (Broomfield, CO)
    1992. White. Auto. 8-cyl. 4 WD. 92k mi. Great cond. Chevy Silverado 350 engine, 3/4 ton truck chassis. New batteries, paint, Fan-tastic Vents with reverse & thermostat with auto / manual remote, tires, snow chains & brakes. Negotiable. $19,500. (303) 888-2228.
    PHOTO:

A 1994 Tiger Provan CX 4x4 Turbo Diesel with 108,530 miles just sold on eBay for $19,000.

Addendum (Two listings of note for the mags):

1995 Ford Born Free 4X4 QUIGLEY Powerstroke Diesel Class C Motorhome
    You are viewing one of the rarest motorhomes out there. I have looked all over to find another that comes close yet had no luck! Born Frees are well known for their high-quality, and long-lasting RV's. Imagine having all the comforts Born free has to offer coupled with Ford's proven "Powerstroke" turbo diesel engine, and Quigley's reliable, heavy-duty, and superior 4X4 system. What more can one ask for?! When comparing with other RV's, only one unit comes somewhat close. That is the "Chinook Baja ." Moreover, that particular unit is also rare, and I have not seen a diesel one as of yet...
    1977 GMC Jimmy Casa Grande Pop Up 4X4 Class B Motorhome
    Custom made on a 1977 Jimmy cab/chassis. An Arizona company custom made these for only two years. It's called a Casa Grande. They are highly sought after and perform very well. I know of a few guys that actually collect them and others do a full ground up restoration and some have sold for over $20K! It has lots of storage space under the bench seats, two closets, child sleeping area over the front seats, sink, locking gun safe, propane stove and bench seats that fold out to make a nice bed and A/C works fine.
    Under one of the bench seats I have spares to fix anything that could break when you're in the outback: starter, gasket set, water pump, belts, fuel filter, A/C clutch face & tools, Air pump, Alternator, Complete distributor cap, Fuel filters, Fuel pump, GM tech manual.

It also has front bumper carriers which carry 2 six gallon plastic jugs. One jug is set up for a portable shower which is really handy when you're out in the boondocks. There is florescent lighting and incandescent as well. Radio works also. There is also a trailer hitch that can bolt on. It has power steering. Radiator is perfect and cools in desert when it's 120F!
    The fiberglass roof has a spring loaded scissors mechanism that allows the roof to pop up another three feet.

It is 4 wheel drive, tires are BF Goodrich like new, engine is 350 V8 and runs perfect. Cruse control is not working.
    Camper has a total of 123,734 miles.
    When the camper had 30,000 miles the engine block cracked in cold weather and a brand new Chevy 350 motor was put in at that time. So, there's only 93,734 miles on the engine right now.
    Jim
    home phone 925-447-6670
    Cell 925-918-1523
    PHOTO:

The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Some studded tires and this thing would be perfect for ski season!

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Thanks to my hosts so far this summer, Bolton Valley, Crotched Mountain, and Pat's Peak:

Any of you with truck camper experience -- know anything about these Brophy tie-downs?
    http://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Ac...ophy/HSSF.html

I need to get a set of tie-downs for a pop-up truck camper. The most popular ones seem to be Torklift ($$$) or Happijac (slightly less $$), but the RV crowd that likes those seems to also have the enormous hardwall campers that weigh 3000-4000 lbs, or more. I'm looking at getting a pop-up camper that will have a real-world total wet weight of 2000 lbs, maybe 2200 lbs max.

Do I really need the Torklift or Happijac tie downs, or can I use the Brophy?

For comparison's sake, Four Wheel Campers sells a bolt-through-the-bed kit for their campers, which (for the comparable model I'd get) weighs 1600-1800 lbs, real-world wet weight. The FWC tie-down kit is nothing more than some eyebolts, reinforcement plates, and turnbuckles. It doesn't look any sturdier than the bed rail clamp kit from Brophy.

Nice rig, Boltonoutlaw. You full-timing? Care to share any shots of the interior?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Some studded tires and this thing would be perfect for ski season!

I could see slaag master, peddling that thing up LCC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Verde View Post
    Nice rig, Boltonoutlaw. You full-timing? Care to share any shots of the interior?
    Yup, full-timing this summer and fall, boondocking all the way.

COACH FORWARD (Dinette rigged for chow time):

COACH AFT (Dinette rigged as second twin bed):

SPLITBOARD CADDY:

Last edited by boltonoutlaw; 07-01-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Any of you with truck camper experience -- know anything about these Brophy tie-downs?
    http://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Ac...ophy/HSSF.html
    Huge huge thanks to AlpenChronicHabitual, who is hooking me up with a used set of Brophy tie-downs!