Blow up doll not doing it for you anymore? SFW

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34804696...h_and_gadgets/

LAS VEGAS - As the Consumer Electronics Show winds down, another famous Las Vegas convention is just getting started with a few new gadgets of its own.

At a demonstration at the Adult Entertainment Expo on Saturday, a dark-haired, negligee-clad robot said "I love holding hands with you" when it sensed that its creator touched its hand. Yes, indeed: A New Jersey company says it has developed "the world's first sex robot," a life-size rubber doll that's designed to engage the owner with conversation rather than lifelike movement.

Another action, this one unprintable, elicited a different vocal response from Roxxxy the robot. The level of sophistication demonstrated was not beyond that of a child's talking toy, but Roxxxy has a lot more brains than that — there's a laptop connected to cables coming out of its back. It has touch sensors at strategic locations and can sense when it's being moved. But it can't move on its own, not even to turn its head or move its lips. The sound comes out of an internal loudspeaker.

Douglas Hines, founder of Lincoln Park, New Jersey-based True Companion LLC, said Roxxxy can carry on simple conversations. The real aim, he said, is to make the doll someone the owner can talk to and relate to.

"Sex only goes so far — then you want to be able to talk to the person," Hines said.

The phrases that were demonstrated were prerecorded, but the robot will also be able to synthesize phrases out of prerecorded words and sounds, Hines said. The laptop will receive updates over the Internet to expand the robot's capabilities and vocabulary. Since Hines is a soccer fan, it can already discuss Manchester United, he said. It snores, too.

Owners will also be able to select different personalities for Roxxxy, from "Wild Wendy" to "Frigid Farrah," Hines said. He's charging somewhere from $7,000 to $9,000 for the robot, including the laptop, and expects to start shipping in a few months.

A Japanese company, Honey Dolls, makes life-size sex dolls that can play recorded sounds, but Roxxxy's sensors and speech capabilities appear to be more sophisticated. Hines' goals are certainly more far-reaching.

An engineer, Hines said he was inspired to create the robot after a friend died in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. That got him thinking about preserving his friend's personality, to give his children a chance to interact with him as they're growing up. Looking around for commercial applications for artificial personalities, he initially thought he might create a home health care aide for the elderly.
    "But there was tremendous regulatory and bureaucratic paperwork to get through. We were stuck," Hines said. "So I looked at other markets."

The broader goal of the company is still to take artificial personalities into the mainstream, beyond sex toys, Hines said.

"The sex robot thing is marketing — it's really about making a companion," he said.

In a 2007 book, "Love and Sex with Robots," British chess player and artificial intelligence expert David Levy argues that robots will become significant sexual partners for humans, answering needs that other people are unable or unwilling to satisfy.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

They have finally perfected the XOJ-37 Nuclear Powered Pan-Sexual Roto-Plooker? Sweet.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Paging AKPM
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Paging AKPM
    FTW!!!!!
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Is it cheating if you fuck robots?

I went looking for the site for the company for more pictures but got a man's ass instead.
    http://www.truecompanion.com/home.html

This is actually pretty sad. The people buying a 7000 dollar sex robot should be spending that on counseling.

do I have to buy it dinner and drinks?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    This is actually pretty sad. The people buying a 7000 dollar sex robot should be spending that on counseling.
    Whatever, people masturbate. Whether it's straight-up whacking, boning a cantaloupe, or riding the Ferrari of fake fucking, I say ley people get theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    So what is the counselor going to tell the butt ugly 480 lb dude who can't find a girlfriend?

'Buy a robot.'

It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.

Ahh, I have been waiting for a new signature to pop up someplace.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrizzo View Post
    Whatever, people masturbate. Whether it's straight-up whacking, boning a cantaloupe, or riding the Ferrari of fake fucking, I say ley people get theirs.
    I miss you.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    I saw this story earlier today at one of my political news sites and immediately thought L.A.M.E!!!

The reason is NOT because this is a sex robot, but instead because IMHO it IS NOT a sex robot. It's a limp chunk of latex or whatever with a couple sensors to have a detached computer attached via cable to say something related to the part touched. Nothing moves, nothing pulsates, nothing vibrates... hell, Tickle Me Elmo is more a "robot" than this fake.

If you read this selection, you see what they did;
    "An engineer, Hines said he was inspired to create the robot after a friend died in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. That got him thinking about preserving his friend's personality, to give his children a chance to interact with him as they're growing up. Looking around for commercial applications for artificial personalities, he initially thought he might create a home health care aide for the elderly. "But there was tremendous regulatory and bureaucratic paperwork to get through. We were stuck," Hines said. "So I looked at other markets."
    What stupid kind of "home health care aide" that only talks when touched would face "tremendous regulatory and bureaucratic paperwork". Fuckin' Idiots just looking for publicity.

I'm not a "sex doll" type, but I recall the Japanese dolls from a few years ago looking WAY hotter than this amateur thing. But I admittedly have a thing for the exotic in women...

Here's yer dang pics of the stupid fat fucks and their "robot";

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gad...0861_large.jpg
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

$7000 could also buy you a hell of a lot of hookers.

This shot begs for captions....

We are waiting...

This shot begs for captions....

I bought you mail order
    My plain wrapper baby
    Your skin is like vinyl
    The perfect companion
    You float in my new pool
    Deluxe and delightful
    Inflatable doll
    My role is to serve you

Disposable darling
    Can't throw you away now
    Immortal and life size
    My breath is inside you
    I'll dress you up daily
    And keep you till death sighs

Inflatable doll
    Lover ungrateful
    I blew up your body...
    But you blew my mind

Oh Those Heartaches
    Dreamhome Heartaches
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

Serious question/request for everyone here.

Can anyone get me credentials to enter the sex expo/convention?

Not because I want to fuck a robot, but it would be fun as hell and would make great footie for the Blurred Chrons.

Thanks!

Didn't SuPu go to that convention 5 years ago or so?