Page 4 of 471 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    DropCliffs - I heard a very similar comment the other day, in addition to this gem (heard at the top of 9 from a 40ish man in his Bogner fartbag): "Yeah, the view is nice, but they don't hand out cookies at the top of the lift, so I'd have to take this place down a notch."

Besides being a mystifying comment in and of itself, it also made me wonder where they do hand out cookies at the top of the lift?

This past weekend @ Magic mountain VT. For the record I have no affiliation with the mountain other than know management & sometimes offer pics up for the website.

Me: “Let me take your picture, I take the pic of the day for the Magic website”

Alice Cooper: “Really?”

Me: “yeah, I’ll put you on the internet”

AC “Internet? Great, hold on, let me take my hat off” (takes hat off & shakes hair wildly)

http://www.magicmtn.com/back/pics/image_117.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Switters View Post
    DropCliffs - I heard a very similar comment the other day, in addition to this gem (heard at the top of 9 from a 40ish man in his Bogner fartbag): "Yeah, the view is nice, but they don't hand out cookies at the top of the lift, so I'd have to take this place down a notch."

Besides being a mystifying comment in and of itself, it also made me wonder where they do hand out cookies at the top of the lift?
    At the end of the day, they handed out free cookies at the bottom of the Beaver Creek lifts. Pretty much the main reason I went riding there.

Quote Originally Posted by blockp View Post
    Glad they're getting out there
    At least you have a good attitude. Just because you all post on the tetongravity forums doesn't make you any better than the Gaper that is out there for the first time.

I bet you all have been in a position at some point in your life where you were a newb, gaper, jong, etc.

Yes, the shit they say can and is funny, but rather than hold them out as some sort of charactitures of themselves, embrace that perhaps that they are not as all knowing or awesome as you.

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Not this weekend but this quote will irritate me for a long time.
    I quit basketball my sr. year in HS to ski. so i join the (very casual)ski team having never raced before.
    This turd in a speed suit on the way up a 600 ft slalom run on my first race day looks me up and down and asks "do you ski for bishop fenwick?" as it is written on my bib.
    I say "yeah" looking at my bib and seeing the name and number on it.
    Then i say "looks like we will be racing agianst each other?"
    he then says while shaking his head, "No spyder gear? You obviously dont take your racing that seriously!"
    me -silence
    circa 95-96
    Was this Bishop Fenwick in MA? I was a MA high school "racer" in that same period and can think of a half dozen guys that could've been. Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    At least you have a good attitude. Just because you all post on the tetongravity forums doesn't make you any better than the Gaper that is out there for the first time..... embrace that perhaps that they are not as all knowing or awesome as you.
    Got that right!
    Been here since waaaaaay before the skiing article.
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 01-21-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: needed more A's
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

To his credit however he did have duct tape covering a hole in his camo pants, and duct tape = Core.
    You know what else is 'core? Making fun of people who aren't as core as yourself. That right there is the epitome of 'core.
    slopstyle crosscarver junior

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Was this Bishop Fenwick in MA? I was a MA high school "racer" in that same period and can think of a half dozen guys that could've been. Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit
    Same one. Perhaps we once met in said woods?
    "Bradford now with glade skiing"
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 01-21-2008 at 12:52 PM.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

How about all the people who thought the snow was great this weekend in Tahoe? (It wasn't)

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    You'll notice that he didn't ask me if I lived in Breck. Most people that ask you if you live "here", are asking if you live in the area. I guess I consider Alma, Silverthorne, Keystone, or Frisco in the area and "here". Out of all the gapers that have asked me this, that was the first time I've gotten that response. I guess I could expect the same from you.
    You were riding a chair lift at Breckenridge - so "here" would mean Breckenridge.

I guess it's a regional thing. I'm from Twisp, not Winthrop which is 8 miles North.

I live in Anaheim, not LA. When in any other city in the area, including LA, if someone asks me if I live "here" - I say, "No, I live in Anaheim"

So yes, I'd be the gaper who would think- "so you don't live here" although I would say "oh", .......but I'd think it.
    Last edited by Bullet; 01-21-2008 at 02:13 PM.

^^Do you have a funny quote, or are you going to fight with Chad about the semantics of "here" all day?^^

We need to make a sticker for the maggots to put on their skis.

Something like:

Q: "What are those?"
    A: "These are skis....stop asking me about them."

If I hear, "What are those...waterskis?!" one more fucking time I am gonna punch someone....

Other day I saw MONOMAN in a fartbag. Seeing him ski,wow,
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by encore View Post
    ^^Do you have a funny quote, or are you going to fight with Chad about the semantics of "here" all day?^^
    I think I'll just fight.

I contributed to all the dozen or so other "gaper quote" threads that have appeared over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill.H View Post
    I think I'll just fight.

I contributed to all the dozen or so other "gaper quote" threads that have appeared over the years.
    With a join date of 9/07?

That has to be pretty unimpossible.

Are those water skis Phish?

Sorry couldn't resist mang.

What I love are the gaper locals. The ones that have been in town for a couple months and think they're the shit.

They ask "Where ya from."
    You say "I live in Denver."
    They say something like "Oh sorry.."

The fact that you have skied ever line on the mountain means nothing or the fact that you've skied every mountain in the range that the ski area is in means nothing either.

But they are local

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    With a join date of 9/07?

That has to be pretty unimpossible.
    Original join date 12/99 - changed to Bullet 10/03, Changed Bill.H. 9/07.

Pay attention sweetpea.

I like it when gapers still use the words "fat-boys" and "parabolics" when describing skis, as if they were some weird new innovation! And no these are not my powder skis. I ski these every day... even on hardpack!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    Are those water skis Phish?

Sorry couldn't resist mang.

What I love are the gaper locals. The ones that have been in town for a couple months and think they're the shit.

The fact that you have skied ever line on the mountain means nothing or the fact that you've skied every mountain in the range that the ski area is in means nothing either.

But they are local
    the one uper. Oh we have a 2nd house in blah,blah........
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    I wouldn't hold it against a Texan if they said that to you. Or me, for that matter.
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

Says the man from Albaquerque

Quote Originally Posted by Bill.H View Post
    I think I'll just fight.

eh billy. nick meant impressed. unimpossible is not a word,ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    I like it when gapers still use the words "fat-boys" and "parabolics" when describing skis, as if they were some weird new innovation! And no these are not my powder skis. I ski these every day... even on hardpack!
    Then there's the [pointing at skis] "Wishful thinking for a day like today, huh?"
    Last edited by encore; 01-21-2008 at 02:39 PM.

yesterday I saw a dude skiing below the chair in a #12 Patriots jersey and I yelled "GO PATS!" really loud.

I must be a gaper

I can't believe Brady was out pow hunting before the game yesterday...core!
    Ski it. It'll make you feel good.