Derby de la Meige

Hey Euro/racer mags: Anyone here ever race the Derby de la Meije? Looking for some stories from people who have run it, hopefully this year...

i skiied it two years ago. really nice race. good terrain. good atmosphere. every kind of snow during the race. hard, very strenuous, but fun!
    i'll compete there this winter.....

www.derbydelameije.com

i think telepath may have some not so fond memories.

you might find some posts here, do a search. there are a few folks here who have done it. last year the snow was pretty sketchy, i don't think they ran it down to the village.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot
    you might find some posts here, do a search. there are a few folks here who have done it. last year the snow was pretty sketchy, i don't think they ran it down to the village.
    That's only happened once. Racing through the La Grave trees has a tendency to cause excessive numbers of casualties. The same was discovered when racers tried to straightline the Triffyde 1 couloir. Messy...

But you're right, the finish was quite high up last year. Criminally, I've never done the race. The party has always been fun though.

I once had the pleasure of spending a few runs skiing with C.J. "Turbo" Turner. The guy ran the Derby with a rocket attached to his monoski...strange fellow.
    http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/face...355975,00.html

Thanks for the leads...

XSKIER, Can you drop me your email?

i challenge you to a chinese downhill!
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by MT
    I once had the pleasure of spending a few runs skiing with C.J. "Turbo" Turner. The guy ran the Derby with a rocket attached to his monoski...strange fellow.
    http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/face...355975,00.html
    I spent a day int Telluride back in 95 riding some new mono creation with him. Strange fellow indeed.