Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    To the other posters in this thread, and I can't stress this enough, don't take what this idiot says seriously. He can usually be found trolling the surf forum.

Great footage Clausen. Keep those clips coming.
    For sure. Guys a total kook. Always talking about flying to some break, but nothing better to do than troll and talk shit. Yeah right. .A key board ripper.

Name:  received_10155177138574350.jpeg
Views: 736
Size:  39.3 KB the other day in Cadiz Spain.

O

Name:  1011038_10151668137349350_1515241797_n-1.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  20.9 KB

To the other posters in this thread, and I can't stress this enough, don't take what this idiot says seriously. He can usually be found trolling the surf forum.

Great footage Clausen. Keep those clips coming.
    I think we just found the Caroline Gleich stalker.

It's looking like it's going to be a cool, breezy pond skim.

Some decent turns yesterday up high. Under Hangers and Monument skied well. Down low it was super pasty and slow. Needs a couple nights of hard freeze to suck the water out of the snow.

Mammoth 16/17

Sun came out and it's turned into a pretty nice day. Could be my lucky day.
    Found a full classic Coors in avi 2. Posted up on repair shop ridge for the skim.

Ill be in mammoth skiing thurs-sun if anyones around... looking for a couple more buddy passes or 50% off vouchers or comps if anyone wants to trade (ive got a variety of goodies)
    Also, Im DJing at some place called Rafters Friday night... I hear they normally pull a big crowd if anyone wants to come hear some reggae!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I think we just found the Caroline Gleich stalker.
    No doubt. The butthurt is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Sun came out and it's turned into a pretty nice day. Could be my lucky day.
    Found a full classic Coors in avi 2. Posted up on repair shop ridge for the skim.
    Hill skied great Sat and Sun.
    Pond skim was fun too.

Any of you Mammy condo owners want to rent out for a late spring weekend. I think I'll be passing through town June 16th & 17th with the wife and 5 year old. Currently starting to look for lodging.

you know that's 5 days too late, right?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...7-Mammoth-Mini
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Yeah, but the mrs last day of students is the 8th and she has work days on the 9th and 12th.

If this trip does not work out maybe the boy and I will head out for the mini. He'd love it.

I am planning to drive to Mammoth tomorrow am but I see very high winds are forecasted. Will this wind shut the place down?

Some clips from Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Hill skied great Sat and Sun.
    Pond skim was fun too.
    It was a pretty fun weekend overall. Pond skim and after party was a good time.

My kid was stoked after skiing hangman's for the first time this weekend. Definitely a memorable experience for any Mammoth skier.

Quote Originally Posted by 5B View Post
    I am planning to drive to Mammoth tomorrow am but I see very high winds are forecasted. Will this wind shut the place down?
    In my limited experience, that is likely.
    Or at least no Gondi/23.
    Now with Eagle & Canyon areas closed, less storm day options.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

They still have 4 running, so that should run in fairly high winds. Not super exciting, but good for firmer mornings or high wind days.

all open lifts are running today... hopefully tomorrow as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Any of you Mammy condo owners want to rent out for a late spring weekend. I think I'll be passing through town June 16th & 17th with the wife and 5 year old. Currently starting to look for lodging.
    Our ski lease ends before that. Not the best year for that, but truth be told I probably only have a couple of weekends left in me. The drive wears on you after a while.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

^^^ I know what you mean. I think that is what slows Tahoe down so much come April.

Anyone know what the walk up day ticket window price is these days?

I see they have 50% off for other season pass holders. Trying to figure out the best way to visit in June. Lodge and ski deal, BAF or our KW Pass.

No cheap lodging that weekend as it is the marathon. Motel 6 is like $125. So we might up for a one bedroom for $150.

WWMD. For the same price Mammoth Inn (at lifts, well loved), Juniper Springs (drive, but nicer) or $10 more per night at the Village (drive, can walk around, nicest). Or some other place. Seems like there are a lot of 1Br at the same price or slightly cheaper for basic hotel double.

And thoughts on what might be left June 16. I know that is basically two months away, but any chance on chair 2 still spinning? Or even 5?

I have never had a post-Memorial Day trip. This would be the year to do it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

We've stayed at Mammoth mtn Inn in june and decent choice with the family cause there is no loading up th car in the morning or afternoon. Lot of the race teams stay there but otherwise not many guests stay there late in the season. Only downside is if u have to drive back down to town for better choices on food and beer

I have never had a post-Memorial Day trip. This would be the year to do it.
    I'd like to say we are only doing the June thing because it is (not really) on the way to my wife's conference in San Diego, but I dragged my wife on a camping, biking, hiking, and skiing trip to Mammy one June perhaps a decade or more ago. That was her one and only trip to the easter Sierra. Time to do it again, this time with a 6 yr old.

This year with the snow pack, 2 might very well still be running. They typically run it as long as there is snow.

5 might run on a weekend if there is snow and the crowds justify it. Which means 10 would also run.

Usually this late in the season 23 and top gondi alternate. If I recall, 23 runs on weekdays and gondi top on weekends. They do maintenance on the gondi in spring.

I am surprised motels are that high, the Mammoth Half isn't that big of an event, maybe 2,000 runners if I reccollect.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot