Page 152 of 184 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4591
    yeah a bunch of people got into it with the dude with the megaphone yesterday
    I broke up a fight in the park around 230
    when I broke up the fight someone referenced "the girl fight from yesterday" so I assumed thats what they were referring to

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Well, that was 2011.
    Fuck me. That's me getting toasted and fucking being oblivious.
    (I want 2011 back!)

Me too. I'd still be skiing KW into May. Although my son was born early May 2011, so I guess I still would not.

It was a fun day out. Skied pretty good.
    Some spots had just enough to fill in between crusty bumps. Some were a wee bit slabby/rolly.
    Others were mmmh, smooth going.
    Awful viz for a while, but improved.
    No more'n maybe a dozen peeps skiing Roundhouse, it felt like.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Can somebody confirm that #fail actually spent the money to UNGROOM KW after closing? I just watched the season recap STOKE video on Snowbrains and it looks like they spent $ $ running a cat. It's great they were able to groom so much for the closing weekend. The FB is great (minus the part about #fail giving a shit) for zee bitching.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Bike path underwater in spots along Truckee between Alpine and Tahoe City.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I don't know if it's just me or everyone but my NWS home page is changed--no menu on the left side. Took me a minute or two to find the remote data (temps and wind speeds from various elevations at SV, AM, and Slide Mtn). I found it at current conditions>local mountain observations.

OG: its everyone... NOAA has been posting about the changes that went live yesterday
    I couldnt get forecasts for about an hour yesterday and realized they were updating the site

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Bike path underwater in spots along Truckee between Alpine and Tahoe City.
    .THE FLOOD ADVISORY FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 945 AM PDT THURSDAY FOR PLACER COUNTY... * Increased releases from Lake Tahoe will continue for a prolonged period of time. This is being done to make room for future snowmelt from a near record snowpack in the Tahoe Basin. * Minor flooding is expected along sections of the Truckee River between Lake Tahoe and Squaw Creek. Below Squaw Creek...flows on the river will be even higher due to snowmelt runoff from local tributaries. This may cause some very minor flooding near the river just above the city of Truckee as well. * Locations impacted include the Bike Path and other low lying areas from Lake Tahoe to just below Squaw Creek. * This will be the highest flow experienced on this section of the Truckee River since the summer of 2006. Any changes to, or around, the river channel since 2006 may result in unanticipated impacts. * These flows will result in very powerful, fast, and cold conditions that will be very hazardous. Keep people, pets, and property clear for safety.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

bummed alpine wont be open midweek starting next week... that may 14 closing date is also a bit harsh
    I guess its time to start skiing squaw again

I bet Alpine is great right now. And I recall how great that hill skis in spring. Yet, I'll likely ski Squaw next weekend if I'm around. With Silverado open, it is an easy call for me. I've not been on that lift in a decade.

hopefully silverado is open at least one more weekend...

Squaw was rad today. No crowds. Enough windbuff to smooth out the crust and bumps. Fun fun day

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Squaw was rad today. No crowds. Enough windbuff to smooth out the crust and bumps. Fun fun day
    I got there late. The best stuff I found was on the steeper lines where the new snow had sluffed off and the old stuff underneath had softened into corn. Lots of people on the Palisades (I wasn't one of them.)

Any of you guys want to do a CP to Kwood on Thursday? Weather looking nice. PM me.

I know this is a total shot in the dark...

Anybody have a few feet of space between Placerville and Auburn a dirtbag can park his camper a few nights a week in May and June?

I'll be the Jong on Armadas with a green fanny pack, staying in the Sunrader with my puppies at Alpine the next few days.
    Stop by, I'd love to meet y'all.

Shit man.
    Could be wacky conditions cos of weather.
    Maybe a corn thing coming. But we gave up on today, and prolly tomorrow, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Shit man.
    Could be wacky conditions cos of weather.
    Maybe a corn thing coming. But we gave up on today, and prolly tomorrow, too.
    When it comes down to now or not, I will make fun somehow.

I haven't skied in Tahoe for awhile, but did manage to finally head up to Haines, AK earlier this month. I'll throw up a detailed TR up on Snowbrains in the next few days.

Came for Tahoe stoke, stayed for the AK stoke. Sick vid 666!

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I haven't skied in Tahoe for awhile, but did manage to finally head up to Haines, AK earlier this month. I'll throw up a detailed TR up on Snowbrains in the next few days.

Dude. That was sick! So much powder. Looks like you scored big time!

Obviously I screwed up the date inside the vid...oh well...already deleted the editing file. However, it was early April 2017.

Bought Squaw Passes but May is an insane month on the home-front...hopefully a few days this late spring/early summer and of course, next season.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    ...Bought Squaw Passes....
    Jiminy christmas, the sky is falling!! No mo Kirkwood??!!

Anyway, raaaawesome vid. How many days did you end up flying?

3 days out of 6. Its been pretty much bluebird since I left and big stuff was skied...oh well.