Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Hey, who skied central colouir on Cody today? Crux looked pretty damn sporty, and the exit was not small. Anyone know?
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

I did, switch

T Horne and friends I believe skied it today

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Hey, who skied central colouir on Cody today? Crux looked pretty damn sporty, and the exit was not small. Anyone know?
    Candide T has been/was in town?

Tons of surfy pow in the right places up in GTNP today.

Whose a corn expert? I am interested in skiing the south face of Taylor Saturday on some silky goodness.

Noticed crusts thickening with the freeze over night and would like to get after it once the crusts lock up and the solar radiation sets in

Thanks!
    to ski another day

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Candide T has been/was in town?
    Was this weekend for a quiksilver shoot. Bailed on Monday. But he might just be stopping by here sometime soon to answer a few of your questions
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanman View Post
    Tons of surfy pow in the right places up in GTNP today.

Whose a corn expert? I am interested in skiing the south face of Taylor Saturday on some silky goodness.

Noticed crusts thickening with the freeze over night and would like to get after it once the crusts lock up and the solar radiation sets in

Thanks!
    We're getting close, at least with good diurnal temp swings. Hard freeze to not-too-rapid warmup. You might dig a hole and see the exact structure: where in fact are the facet/ crust combos from mid-Jan? I found decent corn around 2 pm straight south a half a mile to the west and a hair lower down yesterday.

We are still talking about western WY in February, right? Corn snow?

I'll be there in a week and a half, I was hoping winter existed somewhere other then Boston. It is 90+F here today

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    We are still talking about western WY in February, right? Corn snow?

I'll be there in a week and a half, I was hoping winter existed somewhere other then Boston. It is 90+F here today
    Found good cold pow on NE face earlier this week before work. Just gotta go early! Sounds like a kick of moisture and slightly more normal temps Sunday night/Monday.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Found powder up high yesterday & corn down low today. Low elevation SW aspect crust was boot supportive.

Pretty sure the whole hibernation thing is a myth, I have it on good authority that they go to Scottsdale for the winter and play golf.

Regardless of where they've been : http://www.nps.gov/yell/parknews/15008.htm . About a month early.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

^man, I cracked a joke about that coming out of Granite last weekend. Guess I wasn't far off the mark.

The corn in the afternoon has actually been skiing pretty fun. Even if it is February...

Quote Originally Posted by Trace Hardslab View Post
    Found powder up high yesterday & corn down low today. Low elevation SW aspect crust was boot supportive.

Pretty sure the whole hibernation thing is a myth, I have it on good authority that they go to Scottsdale for the winter and play golf.

Regardless of where they've been : http://www.nps.gov/yell/parknews/15008.htm . About a month early.
    I think bears are more attracted to Palm Springs.

I don't know about Griz, but black bears don't hibernate, they just get real lazy, and will emerge from their dens during periods of mild weather to forge before going back in and taking another long nap.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Anybody want a lower level ticket to Alejandro Escovedo at the Center tomorrow night?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Just a public safety heads up, and no this isn't about the bears waking up. The parking lot at the pass is super slick and a large SUV slid into my wagon today (almost into another wagon too). We were both parked and out on the pass when it happened. Nothing major to either car, which is lucky. Gravity is a bitch and always wins. Ill try to upload pictures later, to show what happened, when my roommate forwards them to me.

On the other hand, Glory was skiing nice

It could be an illusion, but I might as well try, might as well try.

2/16 Tetons..

if you are bitching about the snow you are either A, skiing the vill, B, a freaking kook, plenty of snow if you look at it right stable, blower, and sunshine.. what more do you need to be happy?

^ The only kook around here is you.

Lurker....out.

Been a while since I contributed any stoke here. Here's a few from the South yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1424147619992.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	164154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1424147637457.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	164155  
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

this should be rad - http://mtnweekly.com/sports/2015-sno...y-ski-festival

Possibly the best $45 you can spend this winter: come "kook" it up with me..

Travelling in Avalanche Terrain with AAI
    Join the American Avalanche Institute for a 1/2 day clinic on terrain, travel choices, and efficient snowpack assessment.

We will tour out of Snow King and discuss:

how to identify avalanche terrain
    travel techniques
    important snowpack assessment tricks and tools

Please be prepared to tour. Necessary gear = skis & skins, splitboard & skins or snowboard and snowshoes, transceiver, shovel, probe. Bring an extra layer of insulation for standing around and talking about terrain selection and snowpack.

JH mags, what are good sidecountry options at this point? Is hike up to No Shadows worth it? How is the scramble over the rocks? Any beta would be much appreciated. If any one is around for a few laps please drop me a line. Would be great to put some faces to names.

Yeah I looked through a window and surprised what I saw..

2/18 WYO Backcountry

Nice pics 310. Btw if anyone wants discount tix to the deadlocks show this weekend (where almost ablaze will be playing in the background i hear), check out this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-dea...nt=tdltgrfan15

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    Yeah I looked through a window and surprised what I saw..

2/18 WYO Backcountry
    We were the other party on the summit with you, had a great run on the NE bowl, and then skinned back to the ridge for a corn run. Watched one of you ride that line in about 4 turns, that was impressive, its much steeper than it looks in the photo

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    We were the other party on the summit with you, had a great run on the NE bowl, and then skinned back to the ridge for a corn run. Watched one of you ride that line in about 4 turns, that was impressive, its much steeper than it looks in the photo
    What a great day in the mountains! FYI I had a talk with the FU crew... young and dumb is all that comes to mind?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, look pal, I don't take coupons from giant chickens, ...

2/20

video from the other day

A one-photo TR to complement 310's shots above. Could see a horde of crowns from wind slab on surface hoar back in early Feb.