Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PSA: Ski Salt Lake Pass BCC/LCC for $35/day

On travelocity's website:

http://activities.travelocity.com/ne...019&low_price=

Buy a 2,3,4,or 5 day salt lake super pass and get a day free.

Get the 2 day pass + 1 free day for $35.33/day...the 3,4,5 day+1 are slightly more so get a multiple of the 2+1 if you can.

Nice. I did this last year and it worked just fine- it ended up being about the same, $33/day.

Could one use all of the days at a single resort?

No restrictions on how many days at any area. The only restriction is one area per day.

sold out already?

^^^ Nope, just pick dates in the future and it should work.

Nice find with the free day.Used the superpass last year with no problems.Last year you just printed your confirmation info and took it to the lift ticket booth.They give you the superpass card.

Another bump, my father and I bought these last year on an SLC trip, I think the 5 out of 6 day ones. It worked out to about half the cost of skiing around here per day.

Do they have to be used on a specific day or can they be used any time?

I purchased one last year and I think I remember that they need to be used within 1 week of the dates that you reserve it for.

What I don't remember is... how difficult is it to pass your card to a buddy if there is a day of skiing left on it that you cannot use yourself??

I will be out there in february and may purchase 2x 3 day passes and be left with an extra day that I will just give away to someone on the mountain if that is possible.

I did this deal on two occasions last year and one the year before, but each time the "procedure" was different wrt getting tickets.

The first year I printed the vouchers and had to bring them to all the resort windows. The scanned it in and gave me a lift ticket. Only one area, snowbird, asked for ID.

Last year I printed the vouchers and got these ski salt lake credit cards. This took quite a bit of time at alta, but was really fast at brighton/soli/sb. Alta asked for ID, but the other places did not. Once I got the credit card I would hand it to the ticket agent and they gave me a lift ticket. I didn't get asked once for ID when getting lift tickets.

I think there is a time limit once the ski salt lake card gets activated. I don't remember what it is, but I'm sure you can email them and find out.

Do you know if you have to buy them x days in advance?

Did a quick half-ass search and this is the best I can find on any of the possible questions
    Guests have a seven day window to use their super pass card after their first day of skiing. The super pass card may only be used once per day at Alta, Brighton, Snowbird or Solitude. One resort, per day. There are no refunds on partially used card. Super Pass cards are not transferable.

On this link :

http://www.utahescapes.com/Avalanche.htm

which has the 05-06 rules, which I am sure are the same.

I think you can buy it any time as the resort ticket windows have no idea when it is purchased. I remember the solitude ticket window not really knowing how to process the card that was issued to me but they figured it out eventually.

So the card needs to be used within a certain time frame once it is first activated and getting ID'd seems to depend on who you hand your card to at the ticket window.

I assume this include the tram at the bird?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Yeah, it was good for the tram ticket, but not an Alta/Bird combo ticket

just ordered some.

Thanks for this, saved 75 bucks!
    Last edited by surftb15; 11-23-2007 at 01:50 PM.
    signature for rent.

So, if I wanted to ski Alta for 5 days straight, I could still use this, right?
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Bump. Trigger pulled -- coming to SLC Dec. 16-19.

It was a PITA to get any info out of Travelocity on this deal, but eventually, I found out that this ticket package deal is 100% NOT REFUNDABLE and cannot be used later in the year. So it's a good deal as long as you can redeem it on EXACTLY the dates specified.

Does any one know if you can you set a wide range of dates, say 12/15/07 to 4/1/08, and use anytime in that period? No set plans but I will get to Alta this Feb or March and I'd like to take adavantage if I could.
    That's Mr. JONG to you, punk!

^^^ Nope, it can only be used for the dates specified when booking it. The deal ends on Dec 15th, so purchase soon if you want it. It is probably the best deal for resort skiing in the entire country. It is not good if you don't know when you are going to be there. I purchased last year and it was great.

As a previous poster stated, the 2+1 deal is the best way to go.

just hooked this. cannot believe it is the same price for late feb. they could have given $5 off the walk up rate & i'd have been happy.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Thanks for getting this on the front page. Great deal, will put it to use.

Just remember, no leeway, no flexibility, non-transferable, no rescheduling.

Be very very sure of the dates you pick for the trip, because if you can't go on exactly those days, you just threw away your money.

To those mags that said it's date specific, where did you get this info? The past couple years I've been told and used it on a range of dates different from when I booked.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Just remember, no leeway, no flexibility, non-transferable, no rescheduling.

Be very very sure of the dates you pick for the trip, because if you can't go on exactly those days, you just threw away your money.
    As in needs to be used on the first day booked, and then the days within 7 after? Or just within the 7 day window of booking?

Just ordered 6 3-day passes tonight. Pretty stoked on that deal.