Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Colon Cleanse?

Colon Cleanse?

So just bought the herbs/supplements for a month long colon cleanse. Anyone ever done one of these? Little freaked out/fascinated at the same time.
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

You fucking hipster.

Whats next? Tight pants and an upper colonic?
    вы все все равно скоро сдохнете

My colon was just cleansed only moments go, not by herbal means, but by my mother in laws bean/veggie crockpot mix. That sucker cleaned me out.

Good luck and stay close to a toilet.

Happy Pooping!

why is poo so in?
    Life is not lift served.

MS, how much research have you done? I was fascinated for a while too, but when I spoke to a couple traditional doctors they made the point that by stripping all the plaque from the walls of your intestine you are making yourself extremely vulnerable to infections and disease.

We build up the plaque over the decades and it makes us resilient to ward off any light disturbance that could be regularly found in something as simple as a not fully washed piece of lettuce.

When it came down to it for me personally, the risks outweighed the potential benefits. Just make sure you go into this fully aware of the benefits and risks. My $.02.....
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Appreciate the advice - I have done a little research and after that - voted for a pretty mild cleanse and am taking the probotics that put the good bacteria back. I have had a few friends who did this one with good results. We shall see -
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleSkinner View Post
    So just bought the herbs/supplements for a month long colon cleanse. Anyone ever done one of these? Little freaked out/fascinated at the same time.
    Ugh. Are you kidding me?

Ever had a colonoscopy? They give you this stuff called GoLytely (can't stop thinking of Breakfast at Tiffany's) that does the trick in 8 hours. No need to do anything for a month unless you are *REALLY* fascinated by the shits.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

poo 2.0

Life is not lift served.

advres Guest
    I do the "Master Cleanser". I just finished one actually. I was planning on doing it for 14days but once the Red Sox made it to the world series, I was truthful with myself and quit so I could get bombed during the games.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    I do the "Master Cleanser". I just finished one actually. I was planning on doing it for 14days but once the Red Sox made it to the world series, I was truthful with myself and quit so I could get bombed during the games.
    That's what being a true Master is all about.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Why not just drink lots of water and get on a balanced diet with plenty of fiber if you want. The cleanse is really just a bunch of super strong diuretics, just like weight loss pills. They are a scam unless you just really like wiping you ass that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ProHoHater View Post
    They are a scam unless you just really like wiping you ass that much.
    It's hard to meet that kind of satisfaction, though.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

It's okay to do once in a while (maybe only once a year), but beyond that, can be very unhealthy. As someone mentioned above, you can strip your body of needed minerals, mainly the potassium around the heart, leaving you susceptible to many infections. I actually know someone who died from strep throat (the strep travelled to her heart), because she did too many colon cleanses, and so didn't have the needed defenses. True story. People in LA are overly obsessed with their colon, being thin, and being toxin free.

But you'll be amazed at how sparkly bright your eyes are, after your first cleanse.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    That's what being a true Master is all about.
    seasoned vet man, seasoned vet!

Taking healthy-trendy shit inducing herbal drugs strips potassium from around the heart?

Honest, I'm new to this shit.

Poo is the new black.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    why is poo so in?

As once observed in South Park..."you just don't understand".
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

But... I think I want to.
    Life is not lift served.

I have to say that I am impressed there have been 18 replies...in one hour...about the topic of poop. Poop is a funny word.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    It's okay to do once in a while (maybe only once a year), but beyond that, can be very unhealthy. As someone mentioned above, you can strip your body of needed minerals, mainly the potassium around the heart, leaving you susceptible to many infections. I actually know someone who died from strep throat (the strep travelled to her heart), because she did too many colon cleanses, and so didn't have the needed defenses. True story. People in LA are overly obsessed with their colon, being thin, and being toxin free.

But you'll be amazed at how sparkly bright your eyes are, after your first cleanse.
    Death due to self induced "healthy" diarrhea

Shitty material for a tombstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I just want to know when and why the front-bum was superseded by poo.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleSkinner View Post
    Colon Clense?

As long as they use a big hose!

Last edited by Richard Simmons; 10-26-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Hiya phUnky, how 'bout a reach around?

I did Colon Blow once - the plaque stayed, but the Psyllium Husks scoured a bunch of shit (sorry) out. I literally felt lighter. I noticed no difference in how I felt, so pretty much consider it a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    But you'll be amazed at how sparkly bright your browneye is, after your first cleanse.
    Fixed it for you
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Seriously, I only thought plaque grew on ones teeth, not in ones rectum.

Ass to mouth. Not as silly as it sounds?
    Life is not lift served.