Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    there is on channel seven but they spell it "eye."
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski2 View Post
    The good old days back when I still fit into this shirt! I was brewski720 before the exodus. Good times, good times....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Nice. Mine was too small from the start, it's still pristine.

At least half those people are still here (some under new names and some just occasionally), that's not too bad after five years or whatever it's been.

if you don't have someone to do it with, it's not worth doing

jh

to all my friends, it's not the end
    the earth has not swallowed me yet

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    I'm seeing a stratification of maggotdom. Like str8line ignores me and I turn around and ignore the Gosey. Rather than a fraternity, this is turning into a big@ss suburban high school where people pick and choose their friends. At Loveland alone you've got the old tele farts, the nerd herd, the kiddie crew, the tall douches, and the core locals.
    That's the way it's always been here, Mir. There are all sorts of little clicks. If you don't fit in, you are shunned. It's not always just about the skiing. You talk about ignoring, it happens. Hell, I was voting at the Botanical Gardens last year and tried to say hello to Evil E and he just ignored me - couldn't believe it -text messaged him with no response back. Oh well, that's just the way it is. It used to get me a little heated, but now I've just come to accept it.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

2nd on Foggy Goggles, Rusty Nails, and of course...tonghands.

Somebody pls make them post!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    That's the way it's always been here, Mir. .
    That's the way it is EVERYWHERE

You guys are fucking morons.

You talk about ignoring, it happens. Hell, I was voting at the Botanical Gardens last year and tried to say hello to Evil E and he just ignored me - couldn't believe it -text messaged him with no response back. Oh well, that's just the way it is. It used to get me a little heated, but now I've just come to accept it.
    Eh...just fist him next time -- I'm sure you'll get a response!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    rusty nails is missed. that guy brought the stoke. does he have a new alias?
    He hasn't board access for about 16 months now. Should be changing in about a week or so, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    That's the way it is EVERYWHERE

You guys are fucking morons.
    Come on Odin. I'm hurt!

Odin, I actually like you. Will you be my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    blah blah blah

BZ, I really doubt Eric was trying to dis you. Who knows what was going on...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    She's in AK, in nursing school, still killin' it and still a cutie.
    I'd use pretty much the same description for myself, just minus the part about AK, nursing school, and killin' it.

I know nobody asked (or cares) but I still try to check the board daily, just don't have much to say. I'm coming up on my 7th (8th?) year of powdermag/TGR and after wading through some of the crap, I know this place is still guaranteed to make me laugh.
    Yep, seen this before. Crazy liquor & cheeseburger party got out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    BZ, I really doubt Eric was trying to dis you. Who knows what was going on...
    yeah, for what little it's worth, I'd agree.
    Maybe he was off in his own head fantasizing about tits deep blower pow, who knows. But I've known him for a long time and he's a super nice guy, highly doubt it was intentional.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Odin, I actually like you. Will you be my friend?
    How is your oral technique? Improving?

That's the way it's always been here, Mir. There are all sorts of little clicks. If you don't fit in, you are shunned. It's not always just about the skiing. You talk about ignoring, it happens. Hell, I was voting at the Botanical Gardens last year and tried to say hello to Evil E and he just ignored me - couldn't believe it -text messaged him with no response back. Oh well, that's just the way it is. It used to get me a little heated, but now I've just come to accept it.
    Wait, this is for real? I totally thought you were being sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Good ole' days the good ole' dayz.

I finally got brought out of lurking ~2 years ago because it looked like there were some decent skiers on this board, and virtually all of my regular ski bum friends had moved on to different chapters in their lives- they grew old, got married, got mortages, moved away, stopped skiing, while I did all those things too but still felt the fire. I miss those guys. I wish they were still into getting after it as hard as I still am and the days we had cannot be replaced. But the people I've met and skied with new people from here help to feed that fire.

It's the same way with members on this board.There are some new ones that fill the void (not replace) left by the ones who are missed. In the short time I've been here there are ~9000-10000 new users, which certainly has diluted the talent pool. The rule of "post first, then smoke crack" is widely ignored. There may be the same quantity of funny/intelligent posts, but it is harder to wade through the bullshit to find it. Kind of like what expansion teams do to the quality of professional sports.

It just needs to snow again soon.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

OK, let's hold on a second. I don't want this to blow up into some kind of big deal, because it's not.

I don't usually express the way I truly feel about some of things that go down in this TGR culture, but in this case I was feeling what SheRa was talking about.

I don't have any ill feeling towards Evil E, and it is totally possible that I misinterpreted the situation. It was just an example I have experienced. Negative vibes have also come from "real life" encounters with other maggots. This doesn't happen too often, but it does.

...RacerX was a lot of fun to ski with. He may not have even come over during the exodus of '03 though, not sure...

OK, let's hold on a second. I don't want this to blow up into some kind of big deal, because it's not.
    thats it. I hate you.
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f View Post
    thats it. I hate you.
    Don't worry cj, there is plenty of drama in the baseball threads!

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Negative vibes have also come from "real life" encounters with other maggots. This doesn't happen too often, but it does.
    Next time, just ask him if he's rich or something. That always breaks the ice nicely.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

I don't usually express the way I truly feel about some of things that go down in this TGR culture, but in this case I was feeling what SheRa was talking about.

I don't have any ill feeling towards Evil E, and it is totally possible that I misinterpreted the situation. It was just an example I have experienced. Negative vibes have also come from "real life" encounters with other maggots. This doesn't happen too often, but it does.

Hey BZ, Evil is one of my best bros on this board, and I guarantee if he thought you were a douche he would've told me. That's not the case. Join us at Loveland this weekend.

Anyone miss Daniel? He was a sweetie.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

I miss Bad Roo.
    Elvis has left the building

I am too new to miss anybody. But in the last month or so I have seen posts by Buster Highmen and a Tyrone. Possibly a new, different Tyrone

I see gearhead59715 is writing for powmag on EC stuff- sold him some heliguides way back when....
    he posted some soloTRs as a n00b in the bozone and caught some flak but didn't think he got run... prob just moved on or changed to an EC screen name- still got them heliguides mang?