Velo Swap (stolen bike help)

My wife's Litespeed Uniquois was stolen a few weeks back (from outside REI Denver--apparently quite a hot spot for bike theft ...). If any of you are browsing Velo Swap and see this bike please call me at 303-916-0618. We will be there looking, too, but the more eyes the better! We originally got it at VS and i figure there is a chance it goes full circle.

Thanks for the help!!
    on the sidewalk, sunday morning, lies a body oozin' life

will do. eyes peeled. number saved - just in case.

Don't give up hope! After about 5 months my Dirtbag showed up on EBay last night, posted by a pawn shop downtown Denver. Did you file a police report? Also gather up as many photos and proof that it was your bike and cross those fingers. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Choke Slam View Post
    Don't give up hope! After about 5 months my Dirtbag showed up on EBay last night, posted by a pawn shop downtown Denver. Did you file a police report? Also gather up as many photos and proof that it was your bike and cross those fingers. Good luck!
    I think I found the auction. So what's the deal with that? Have you contacted the police, ebay? Let us know what happens.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Holy shit, I saw that last night too. First hunch was pawn shop selling, should have known it was stolen. Good luck getting her back.
    Keep it unclipped

brettf - thanks, fingers crossed.

CS - damn, good luck to you...i hope the resolution goes smoothly. yep, we filed a PR and have lots of photos, that's bikes been to a lot of cool places with us.

Thanks again!
    on the sidewalk, sunday morning, lies a body oozin' life

Bidding Has Ended For This Item.

Considering there were 4 or 5 days left on the auction, that's gotta be good news, right?
    This is the worst pain EVER!

was that the same pawn shop that was selling rontele's 575?
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dobish View Post
    was that the same pawn shop that was selling rontele's 575?
    Most likely! The cops were saying that the pawn shop is notorious for selling stolen shit. When I went to the pawn shop it was a little intimidating since everyone there had guns and seemed extra sketchy. Once the employees saw the cops they started running around, calling people, and trying to look all innocent. The Dirtbag was hidden in the back of the shop along with a bunch of other stolen bikes. It sucks the city can't shut down stores for selling stolen goods.

Most likely! The cops were saying that the pawn shop is notorious for selling stolen shit. When I went to the pawn shop it was a little intimidating since everyone there had guns and seemed extra sketchy. Once the employees saw the cops they started running around, calling people, and trying to look all innocent. The Dirtbag was hidden in the back of the shop along with a bunch of other stolen bikes. It sucks the city can't shut down stores for selling stolen goods.
    CS,

I sent you a PM. I am going to contact the DAs office on Monday and see what we can do. If not, i may file a formal complaint of conversion. The guys that run Atlantic Pawn shop are super super super sketch. They know exactly what they are doing when they pawn stolen goods.

Do you know the name of the officer that you dealt with? I would like to give him a call too.

And I should add, they can be shut down for violating the terms of the Pawn license. The state can and does regualte the pawn industry closely for obvious reasons. The guys running Atlantic are super sketch to the MAX. I was intimidated going in there to pick up my bike and seeing them packing heat.

Hopefully, I can get something done so Atlantic can't keep on going on selling someone else's stolen shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    The guys running Atlantic are super sketch to the MAX. I was intimidated going in there to pick up my bike and seeing them packing heat.

Hopefully, I can get something done so Atlantic can't keep on going on selling someone else's stolen shit.

My thoughts exactly!!! I was glad I rolled in with two cops. Even then I wish I had my 12 gauge just in case shit went down!