Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    What does God think of the designated hitter?
    It's the work of the devil. That's why the Rockies play in the NL....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

It is not that God likes the Rockies, it is just that he hates the fuckin' Red Sox. They had a winning season and playoffs simply to be in the WS to smack down Boston.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    "I think God might prefer sex and beer."

I know he does. He stopped by last night and polished off a few while showing me naked pictures of his wives.

I laughed. Hard.

"values and morals" is nothing but sidespeak for "believes in the bible. It really has nothing to do with true values and morals.

If they lose, will that be because god wanted to give them a test? Come on what a bunch of bullshit. Fucking sheepl.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowToad View Post

So now as I'm leavin'
    I'm weary as Hell
    The confusion I'm feelin'
    Ain't no tongue can tell
    The words fill my head
    And fall to the floor
    If God's on our side
    He'll stop the next war.
    Thanks Toadarino, never read that poem/Dylan lyric, it's pretty awesome.

Here's to the Rox, whatever their inspiration.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    It's the work of the devil. That's why the Rockies play in the NL....
    Didn't Michael Chabon say the devil invented it in the book Summerland?
    Twenty-Five Dollars and a six-pack to my name

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    [b]

wait, what?
    Sending Anthrax to Birth Control Centers and picketing homo sexuals is hard work ya know

doughboyshredder Guest
    I wonder if they lost tonight because God realized one of them is actually a fag? Ya know, cause God hates fags.

Where's your messiah now, Monfort?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    All of this is making it so hard for me to cheer on the Rockies. But I will.

Like you were gonna root for Boston, that would be a first for a skankees fan,...
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    I had no idea the Rockies organization was such a bastion of evangelical christianity. This has seriously put a damper on my enthusiasm for them in the World Series. Now everytime they get a base hit, I'll know that they thought god somehow wanted them to. I find it ridiculous (and an insult to other believers) that these sports types think god gives two shits if they win or not, let alone a whole friggin team thinking that way.

Thoughts?

The Boston Catholics are doing their superior dance all over the heathen evangelicals. If the Rockies want to win, they will convert to the one true religion of the Lord. Otherwise, they will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It is not that God likes the Rockies, it is just that he hates the fuckin' Red Sox. They had a winning season and playoffs simply to be in the WS to smack down Boston.
    Yes, I thought the Rockies looked particularly sharp last night. I'm looking forward to another boffo performance tonight.

You think the Sox aren't wired in with God?

Fah Crissakes! Cahdinal Cushing used to bring his dates theah, kid.

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Isn't Curt Schilling a Born Again In Yer Face Christian-typer? He had that lower extremity stigmata back in the '04 ACLS so he's gotta be holy - or is that holey?

I wish some people would stop equating christianity with self-righteousness - which is actually considered a sin by most christians I know.

If you don't want to be a christian, fine - but not liking the rockies because someone in the organization is a christian sounds an awful lot like religious prejudice.

The question I have to ask myself now - were either or both of the above statements self-righteous? hmmm.. dunno. depends on who you ask, i guess.

-steve

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    When does this supposed downsmacking begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    When does this supposed downsmacking begin?
    When the entire Rockies team gets down on their knees and ask for guidance, (and how to hit a fast ball low and outside.)

Maybe they need to hold a all night prayer meeting, though sacrificing a few virgins might be more affective.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I myself dislike all prosthyletizing religions- and man did I get invited to prayer meetings in college. I always asked if they served beer and that seemed to do the trick, though they were pretty persistent in wanting to share the "good news". Freedom of religion and freedom from religion says I.
    I do think the point about failing to touch home and the Bufs 5 downs reveal something as the writer points out. As deeds are larger than words, this speaks volumes- neither had the courage to come clean, winning was more important.
    And someone like McCartney deserves all he gets, he had the temerity to tell others how to live there lives while his own was ego driven mess.
    P.S. It was Sal Aunese, his QB at Colarado who impregnated his daughter, one of the greatest players to come out of Oceanside, CA (along with Junior Seau).
    P.P.S. God doesn't give a rat's ass about sports. (If there actually was a god.)

So far, God seems to think the Rockies suck.

Hard to imagine the bullshit thought process that leads to crap their GM says. And no doubt, he believes it - that's the scary part.

Christianity gets a bad name because of it's zealots. Wonder if Haggart's still getting male hookers and meth?