Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RS8750 View Post
    Could you answer a few questions?
    1. How many maggots are there? Do you have a geographical concentration (like the West, etc.)
    depends on how you define maggot, but probably around 1000.
    2. How'd the name maggots originate? Did it have anything to do with Powder Magazine?
    duh!!!
    3. Is it true you were insulted/bothered by Powdermag.com and moved to TGR afterward? What did Powdermag.com do wrong? some douchebag (Daniel)overthere deleted a bunch of priceless history and there was a mass exodus.
    4. What percentage or number of other maggots have you actually met face to face? very small percentage for me around 30 total
    5. Do you ever ski with someone you've only met online? What's that like? yes, strnge at first but have generally met some very cool peeps many of then I still talk with. Some even stay at my place on occasion.
    6. How would you describe the ski ability of the average maggot? strong to very strong.
    7. Do you get a sense that online forums like this one keep skiing alive 12 mos of the year? Is that good or bad? good, bad, indiferent doesn't metter it keeps me stoked all year.
    8. What's the coolest advice/link/etc. ever shared by maggots? coolest advise is tough to tell beacuse there are so many smart/intellegent/street savy/professional/honest/thoughful and truly cool peeps on this board.
    9. How have your fellow maggots improved skiing for you? I've been skiing for 30 years now and I feel like I get pushed to ski at a higher level when skking with maggots, very cool feeling.
    10. How much more do you trust fellow maggots' opinions on gear than stuff you read in a magazine, etc? trust these guys/girls 100% there is no need to lie or inflate stuff here, there is always someone around to call you out if you do.

While a story on maggots would be cool, I'm not sure I want our little area of the cybrspace exposed so openly......
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

So I got a free subscription to Skiing and was reading it today. It seems Rob does at least lurk. He mentioned all of the bitching that went on on the boards when the announcement of the Whistler tram came out. Who knows what the article will be, but he seemed somewhat derogatory of us in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    Who knows what the article will be, but he seemed somewhat derogatory of us in that article.
    why should "the collective" care what others think? will someone be personally insulted if he gave the board a failing mark at civility?

the board is what we make of it and if others thought it was bad then they're free to go anywhere else they want. it's not like we're forcing anyone to be here, or to watch boobs, fisting, scheissemovies, meatspinning or gramatically incorrect posting...

oh wait, we are!

can't wait for the write up on AlpineZone though, that'll be an eye opener!

Touche!

Quote Originally Posted by RS8750 View Post
    I have no interest, FYI, in getting you all affiliated with Skiing's website.
    Where did anyone indicate this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Story
    I'm a true freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Story
    Hello Maggots,
    my name is Rob Story, and I'm a writer for SKIING Magazine
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take
    it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.
    ARTHUR: Yes.
    DENNIS: But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified
    at a special biweekly meeting.
    ARTHUR: Yes, I see.
    DENNIS: By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--
    ARTHUR: Be quiet!
    DENNIS: --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--
    ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
    WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
    ARTHUR: I am your king!
    WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.

Yeah... thats about how it goes around here. Throw in a few pictures of poop and gaping buttholes and many more swear words. Maybe an argument about Hilary Clinton and/or George Bush and you've got it.

Rob, I am huge fan of your writing. Please don't run this story. It'd be cooler if your joined us as a contributor.

This thread is FUKKN AWESOME!

Hey, isn't skiing magazine just a bunch of vail resort's companies sucking each others dicks. Tell them we said hi! Oh and one more thing, go eat another bag of dicks cause you know you like the first one, douchebag!

Srsly, it is cool that you want to write an article about this message board, but please respect the opinions of many of the people here. I don't want to read about the tetongravity.com message board in a magazine that gets sent to thousands of people. Say 10% of them come and post a thread that says "Hi I'm new here," that is hundreds of threads. I can't even keep up with the threads now. However it would be cool if you came and joined our ranks, and maybe wrote about a message board that you frequent but never gave the name. It would kinda be our little secret, you know?
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

-Pain McShlonkey

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    I think the concensous is, Maggots don't want you writing this story.
    Fortunately you don't speak for the "concensous."
    What are you nancyboys afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Marv Hubbard View Post
    People who save their first post for a thread that is dealing with our message board, JONG.
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

-Pain McShlonkey

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    People who save their first post for a thread that is dealing with our message board, JONG.
    "Our" message board?

Go Fuck Yourself Marv. What are you afraid of?
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    While a story on maggots would be cool, I'm not sure I want our little area of the cybrspace exposed so openly......
    I agree with Vin. Of course we were all newbies at some point but i can just imagine all the jongs who read Skiing Mag taking over this place after an article like this would come out.

Please don't write this story, i like this board the way it is thanks.

Yo,
    ROB, Where the fuck are you? These nice people have responded to your thread. maybe it is time to respond or everyone is going to think your an ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    Yo,
    ROB, Where the fuck are you? These nice people have responded to your thread. maybe it is time to respond or everyone is going to think your an ass...
    Thanks again for proving how stupid our board has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat
    Rob,
    Is this for your regular peice or just a news short? Also, you've got lot's o' replies, how about a thank you to these fine people...
    Quote Originally Posted by RS8750
    You're right. Thanks, huge thanks, to everybody who replied. I have no interest, FYI, in getting you all affiliated with Skiing's website. I'm a true freelancer and have zero stake in the magazine's profits or other ventures. So don't fear me. And thanks again for all the replies, even to the guy who invited me to eat a bag of dicks.
    -Rob Story

Thanks again for proving how stupid our board has become.
    this board needs a fresh perspective. something only a novel alias can deliver!

ps: get off my lawn, future SKIING readers!

Sorry my bad, I didn't read everything...

Thanks for responding rob, now make sure you get this story in actually on time. A little bird says you have problems with that.

Plus, Mary, why use an alias to call me out. I was wrong. Dead wrong, no need to be afraid.
    Last edited by Tele'ndaboat; 10-24-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Rob Story, no need to introduce yourself; those of us who are true to this place know who you are.

To better research, you should come ski/bike/hangout with a bunch of us in the different locations that hold the most members. Contact a few folks in WA, UT, WY,CA, CO, BC, etc and stop in; we will provide you a place to stay, feed you, get you drunk, hook you up with skis/passes/bikes, etc.., show you our mountains and trails, share our secret stashes with you, fix your skis/bikes, laugh with you, laugh at you, cry with you, help you get a job, help you find a house, sell you a house, build you a house, introduce you to your future ex-wife, cook you bacon, recommend a good dentist, show you where to "really" go.

All of this will be done in faith that you are one of us and would do the same for us on your terrain, at your home.

Once you visit, you will always have a skiing/riding buddy that you could contact at any time, be it to sharlp or just crash for a night as you drive to Mexico. We don't ask for anything in return but will drink all the beer you leave behind, smoke what you are holding, ask for naked pictures of your sister.

Good luck with the article, we'll be watching.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    Rob Story, no need to introduce yourself; those of us who are true to this place know who you are.

To better research, you should come ski/bike/hangout with a bunch of us in the different locations that hold the most members. Contact a few folks in WA, UT, WY,CA, CO, BC, etc and stop in; we will provide you a place to stay, feed you, get you drunk, hook you up with skis/passes/bikes, etc.., show you our mountains and trails, share our secret stashes with you, fix your skis/bikes, laugh with you, laugh at you, cry with you, help you get a job, help you find a house, sell you a house, build you a house, introduce you to your future ex-wife, cook you bacon, recommend a good dentist, show you where to "really" go.

All of this will be done in faith that you are one of us and would do the same for us on your terrain, at your home.

Once you visit, you will always have a skiing/riding buddy that you could contact at any time, be it to sharlp or just crash for a night as you drive to Mexico. We don't ask for anything in return but will drink all the beer you leave behind, smoke what you are holding, ask for naked pictures of your sister.

Good luck with the article, we'll be watching.

that's too big to fit on a bumper sticker

Mr. Altagirl =

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Say 10% of them come and post a thread that says "Hi I'm new here," that is hundreds of threads. I can't even keep up with the threads now.
    Rob, if you can't be convinced to for go the story, at least wait until the spring issue, and give us a heads up. I'd need to stock up on popcorn and fine malt beverage to watch the carnage of said 10% starting threads "Hi, I'm new here". That could make summer much easier to take. I can see Mrs Anderson from Indiana's face when she gets her first reply. So much for shopping tips from Aspen.

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

I thought maggot was a metaphor for comparing how we gobble up soft snow like a maggot eats flesh...
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    Rob, if you can't be convinced to for go the story, at least wait until the spring issue, and give us a heads up. I'd need to stock up on popcorn and fine malt beverage to watch the carnage of said 10% starting threads "Hi, I'm new here". That could make summer much easier to take. I can see Mrs Anderson from Indiana's face when she gets her first reply. So much for shopping tips from Aspen.

Jay
    Yes, I see "summer reading" potential here.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ