Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Straightline Adventures (maggot)Camp Dates for 2008...

are on my Website(see signature). I'm excited to ski with the maggot brethren once again, and when I think of how many of you have attended over the years it blows my mind and I think of a lot of great times with great people. So the other coaches and I say- THANKS. The response from the TGR site alone has been so strong that hopefully(as was pretty much the case last year) every camp will pretty much be a maggot camp.

The line up for this season is as follows:

There's going be two camps at Alta/Bird this year, one in January and one in February. Also, the new and exciting news is that based on maggot feedback there is going to be a camp at Whistler/Blackcomb and in keeping with the Straightline Adventures philosophy the coaches are well regarded (even legendary) locals. There will be two Alaskan private heli-weeks in Valdez and although one is already sold out, there is still space in the other(see below).

Maggots will get a discount of $100 off and return maggots get an additional $50 off of that. Last year there were 5 sold out non-heli camps and this year there will be just 3 non-heli camps so space might become tight kind of quick. There are 18 openings for Utah and Whistler so if you want to attend please get your deposit in or contact me if you want to work something out.

The coaches for Whistler will be Eric Pehota, Hugo Harrison and Dan Treadway. For Utah Brant Moles, Chris Collins, and probably a few others(Jeremy Nobis, Ben Wheeler, Steve Hall).

The Alaskan private heli week is not on the Website yet but it's going to occur on the week of March 30-April 5. There are already 4 people verbally commited so contact me quickly if you are thinking about it(8 spots total).

There is another thread about the Whistler camp here:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=98260
    Last edited by str8line; 10-19-2007 at 11:38 AM.

BTW, after you pay your deposit, you're supposed to be directed to a registration form where you're asked about your skiing ability, preferences for whiskey and women, etc.

The next person that does this, please let me know if it's actually directing you to the registration. If it's not, I'll send you there manually and then fix it, etc.

Thanks.

im in, i saw nothing about whiskey or bitches.

Gordy, I am having deja vu. I tried my credit card and it didn't work. Same as last year. Then I tried to use Paypall and I can't get a confirmation that the money transferred.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Gordy, you mentioned 5 camps, but I only see 4 (2 in Utah, 1 in WB and 1 in AK). Is there going to be another Utah camp added?

I think there was mention of a mid-March Utah camp in the other thread.

, why does this year have to be so screwed up! I might sign up for the Whistler camp jsut to hold a spot in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Gordy, I am having deja vu. I tried my credit card and it didn't work. Same as last year. Then I tried to use Paypall and I can't get a confirmation that the money transferred.
    What's your real name (initials will do) and I'll confirm the payment.

Did you guys get send to a registration page where you were asked a few questions?

Quote Originally Posted by bostonjohn View Post
    im in, i saw nothing about whiskey or bitches.
    Did you see the registration form?

Woot woot, I just signed up for Feburary

I too was missed directed, and missed the correct registration page, so I will say I have no particular preference in my whores or whiskey, but would like to see some real beer in Utah (is that an oxymoron?) I'll bring some local wine.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I signed up and filled out the registration you e-mailed me Gordy, but no mention of whiskey or whores. So for the record; Old Forester, and since my the wife is coming this year we will require two whores... neither one of us likes to share.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

OK, I think I fixed the registration page problem, once and for all.

For those of you that have "made the deposit" I will send you the link where you can complete the registration form via PM.
    Last edited by Twoplanker; 10-18-2007 at 06:35 PM.

It worked fine for me, all the necessary info was asked, just nothing about whiskey and women.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It worked fine for me, all the necessary info was asked, just nothing about whiskey and women.
    That's ok, those questions are bogus anyway. It's Old Forrester and Toothless Hungarian Whores for everyone, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplanker View Post
    BTW, after you pay your deposit, you're supposed to be directed to a registration form where you're asked about your skiing ability, preferences for whiskey and women, etc.
    I think he's working on figuring out preferences for how many teeth your personal crack whore will be equipped with.

Thumbs up

You guys are gonna love skiing with Ben Wheeler, he is hands down one of the coolest guys in LCC, and also can kill it on the hill, but he really is one of the best people to learn from. I ski with him a bunch, mainly at the bird, the guy always is fun to be around.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    Gordy, you mentioned 5 camps, but I only see 4 (2 in Utah, 1 in WB and 1 in AK). Is there going to be another Utah camp added?

I think there was mention of a mid-March Utah camp in the other thread.
    I'm also interested in a mid-March Utah camp if it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    I'm also interested in a mid-March Utah camp if it's happening.
    2nded. 3456

Trigger pulled.

Clicking the "return to straightline adventures" link on the Paypal page took me directly to the registration form.

Do you having pricing and details for the AK?

Last edited by Jim S; 10-20-2007 at 05:58 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Utah here I come...

Gonna attend the Feb camp.

How do we arrange lodging?

I'm looking at the Jan UT camp. I think Barnballs will pull the trigger on that one.

Irul found a sweet house close the canyon that accommodated a boat load of us. That was pretty reasonable. Plus, that rental allowed us to get a break on lift passes. I'm sure Irul has the contact information.

I would love to be in the feb utah camp but My emails get kicked back. I think my deposit went through but not sure about the rest of my ap. Any info on this will be great. I don't want to miss out due to poor computer skills. thanks-

I would be down for March as well, but looks like it's not happening.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    3rd 'd but....

Do when will you having pricing and details for the AK?

Jim, PM me with your info please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teletori View Post
    Utah here I come...

Gonna attend the Feb camp.

How do we arrange lodging?
    I'll get in touch with you about that, maybe someone will rent a pad like Irul did last year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    I would be down for March as well, but looks like it's not happening.
    Let me think about the possibility of doing a March camp. Just wondering, are there timing issues with you guys attending in Jan/Feb. or would you just rather have the camp in March?

I'll check back tonight...