Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    short ribs can be amazing. but the pig is a magical animal.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What's in Your Crock Pot

Some can fly.

Ever see a cow fly? Sure, they can occasionally jump over the moon. But did you ever see one fly?

Some pigs can fly.

Ad Astra Per Alia Porci!
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 08-14-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Some can fly.

Ever see a cow fly? Sure, they can occasionally jump over the moon. But did you ever see one fly?

Some pigs can fly.

Ad Astra Per Alia Porci!
    Quoted for IPA post preservation purposes.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    What Dan said.
    Speaking if ipa preservation, though it was different beer, I wanted to update this and say you guys were right and I was wrong but I didn't remember which thread I posted in. (I hope that doesn't break tgr) As far as I can tell the buyer flavor from the seeds does not occur with fresh peppers the way it does with dried ones.

I posted that after a friend of a friend in Berlin found out I was past Mexican and insisted on taking us to the one Mexican place in Berlin that she knew. I declined to eat and just drank and I'm glad I did. But I wanted some tacos or chile colorado.

I'm cooking some mole in the crockpot this weekend then taking it to a friend's house to smother some smoked meat. It may be sacrilegious but it's oh so good.

I prefer the flavor and texture of beef over pork for both ribs and pulled. I won't turn down the pig though.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I prefer the flavor and texture of beef over pork for both ribs and pulled.
    YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
    Hey, wait, weren't you one of Mitch's Bitches? D'oh.

Looking to finally buy a crockpot, trying to figure out the size. I've heard you don't want them too big, and I usually just cook for myself, but I do like leftovers...4-6 QTs?

I have a 4 and it's quite small. Get at least 6.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Go bigger. I cooked a 5lb roast this weekend and could only fit 1 onion, 4 carrots, 5 celery and a couple red bliss potatoes. And I stuffed it which you AREN'T supposed to do. Wish I could have room for more veggies. And all that was cooked Saturday and gone last night for one. Plus you can freeze. Go big or go home. I got mine as a present so I can't complain, but next one will definitely be bigger.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Cleaned out the vegetable bin last night. Garbanzo spinach soup with lots of onion. Good for a cooler night.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Did a simple chicken curry last night, it was excellent.

Lightly saute a shitton of onion, garlic, and red pepper. Add to crock pot.
    Add a can of sliced tomatoes, carrots, and currants to crock pot.
    Broil 6 chicken thighs 3 minutes per side. Add to crock pot.
    Add yellow curry powder and desired spices/herbs, close it up and cook on high for 3 hours.
    After 3 hours stir in some corn starch and let cook for another 20 minutes to help thicken it.
    Serve over rice, couscous, etc and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Did a simple chicken curry last night, it was excellent.

Lightly saute a shitton of onion, garlic, and red pepper. Add to crock pot.
    Add a can of sliced tomatoes, carrots, and currants to crock pot.
    Broil 6 chicken thighs 3 minutes per side. Add to crock pot.
    Add yellow curry powder and desired spices/herbs, close it up and cook on high for 3 hours.
    After 3 hours stir in some corn starch and let cook for another 20 minutes to help thicken it.
    Serve over rice, couscous, etc and enjoy.
    Sounds good. No coconut milk? I have using less these days in my curry and using the lite stuff when I do for a less heavy sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

This is for gringos and probably not real, but coconut milk = Thai, while yogurt or cream or some other dairy = Indian.
    Either way, get the good curry, not some salty shit from the supermarket.
    There's this Vietnamese place here that has this little store at the front and you an get some greaaaaaaat curry paste from Thailand. Om nom nom.
    No longer stuck.

And is there an easy and quick way to peal shallots, or am I cursed to peal each of the tiny little things while feeling like I've been maced?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Looking to finally buy a crockpot, trying to figure out the size. I've heard you don't want them too big, and I usually just cook for myself, but I do like leftovers...4-6 QTs?
    I have the medium size (maybe 3.5 qts and the bug 6.5 qt one. If you want to cook more than 2-3 pounds of meat, you need the bigger one. But for soups, chilis, small roasts, the smaller one is plenty big for one person.

And is there an easy and quick way to peal shallots, or am I cursed to peal each of the tiny little things while feeling like I've been maced?
    Cut off the ends, score lengthwise the outer layer, and peel. Should take a few seconds.

Yeah, it takes a few seconds for each of these little ones I got from the farmers market, and it fucking burns like teargas. Do I need a gasmask or something?
    No longer stuck.

Yeah, it takes a few seconds for each of these little ones I got from the farmers market, and it fucking burns like teargas. Do I need a gasmask or something?
    If you must, just wear your goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    Sounds good. No coconut milk? I have using less these days in my curry and using the lite stuff when I do for a less heavy sauce.
    I didn't but I'm sure that would have been a welcome addition.
    +1 on good curry.

Thanks stuck and danno, just ordered a 6QT. Looking forward to breaking it in.

This is for gringos and probably not real, but coconut milk = Thai, while yogurt or cream or some other dairy = Indian.
    Either way, get the good curry, not some salty shit from the supermarket.
    There's this Vietnamese place here that has this little store at the front and you an get some greaaaaaaat curry paste from Thailand. Om nom nom.
    And you sir, are a gringo. Northern Indian curries use yoghurt, Southern Indian curries use coconut milk (to oversimplify).

my gringo (fha rang?) take is that Thai curry usually has more fresh herbs, fresh chilli etc, as opposed to Indian having more dried spices. If its not freshly made paste then Thai curry is a waste of time.

I feel the same way about Indian spices. Grind my own.

Hold your breath, or at least move your face out of the way of the rising fumes.