Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    this is the reason people use paypal

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUCK View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ross is the DBag from Copper that fucked someone over on here last winter in a similar manner.
    Oh yeah, I remember that. That was his name?
    Noted.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by madtrixskier03 View Post
    Yeah paypal is the best way to protect both parties

Good on all the mangs for helping out!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

eh, not sure how much paypal helps. I don't know all of their rules, but someone still has to pay or ship goods based on trust. Paypal may offer some protection, but if the seller had been paypalled the money, then withdrew it and skipped out, what recourse would the buyer have? Especially if the seller was not a "verified" member or whatever they call it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by madtrixskier03 View Post
    It's quick and easy is the reason most people use it.

Their protection policies are a joke (esp. since many maggots are unverified ). So are ebays protection policies.
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    eh, not sure how much paypal helps. I don't know all of their rules, but someone still has to pay or ship goods based on trust. Paypal may offer some protection, but if the seller had been paypalled the money, then withdrew it and skipped out, what recourse would the buyer have? Especially if the seller was not a "verified" member or whatever they call it.
    I think all transactions have a blanket coverage. I think the verified member part happens just increases the coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Angry Call that Fool Out

Thats what is wrong with the world.........

i dont know about any one else, but i would be shitting myself if i knew blurred was on his way to my house

"you know who we are? we are associates of your business partner give back bloom. You do remember your business parter?"

‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I think all transactions have a blanket coverage. I think the verified member part happens just increases the coverage.
    I thought I was going to get screwed but was patient when I won an REI gift certificate on Ebay and used Paypal. I think it was like $300 and I won it for $150 or something like that. My recollection is that Paypal won't do anything if you don't file a complaint within a month (or some time frame like that) of the payment. Paypal just told me they couldn't do anything even though I contacted them just a day or so after the deadline. Fortunately the guy ended up sending me my money back and said that the certificate was lost.

People can do those charge-backs as well (after they recieve the item) and can just say they never got it. I'm a little sketched about selling my 189 maidens to a guy in Canada that has only two posts here. It's a little scary cause when someone has no history here you never really know who you are dealing with.

Nick>Jesus: that black flag lyric you have as a line by your avatar is one from one of my favorites by them. My favorite line "My girlfriend asked me which one I like better. SIX PACK. I hope the answer won't upset her.....
    Last edited by Crass3000; 10-15-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post

Nick>Jesus: that black flag lyric you have as a line by your avatar is one from one of my favorites by them. My favorite line "My girlfriend asked me which one I like better. SIX PACK. I hope the answer won't upset her.....
    its great song, that whole album is great

speaking of punk, is your screen name in reference to the band crass?

if so that rules

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    its great song, that whole album is great

speaking of punk, is your screen name in reference to the band crass?

if so that rules

yep thats where the name came from

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    yep thats where the name came from
    very nice, feeding the 5000 is a favorite of mine, such an good band that gets little credit for being on the forefront of punk

way better than the sex pistols

Pretty easy to use the search function to find a thread where GBB bought some skis from someone who's last activity was 9/20.

Just sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Dude got a knock on his door today. There was nobody there, and no car in the driveway. There are definitely skiers living there.

Anyway, I drive by the guys house several times daily, I'll knock on the door when I see a car there. Hopefully this is just a mix-up. However....

If the guy is dodging you, I'm sure he'll see this, but guess what dude, you're fucked. Make things right or you'll end up worse than you could imagine. Search defjef.........

^^^^^don't fuck with maggots

Blurred- not sure where he lives but I live in W. Vail and will be happy to swing by with you or on my own anytime if it will help. Shoot a PM and let me know if I can help.

Come on fella......do the right thing.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Rick View Post
    I recently injured my lower back, on the mountain. Have done this many times over the last ten years that I have been living in the mountains. I am in relatively good shape, get about 100-120+ on my skis each year barring injury. I commute to work all summer on my bike. and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on a good course of treatment, that maybe i havent thought of. i work on my core to strengthen and try to protect my back whenever i am doing manual labor which is pretty much all summer.

I am going in for more MRI's soon to make sure that there is no disk damage or hairline fractures. have full confidence in my doctors in the vail valley. but am wondering if anyone has had the same issues and found a course of treatment or workout program that helped. any comments would be appreciated, I am tired of being in PT eventhough the physical therapists are very attractive.
    Sounds expensive. Check for bikes.

Even though this isn't resolved yet, I want to send a big thank you to all the maggots helping me out. It is a true testament to this place and the reason why I have so much faith in the maggots here.

Blurred, Rippinsick and others I hope to at least meet you guys this winter, if not make some turns.

Thanks again guys.

Stopped by around 4:30, same as Blurred, Nada. Crazy to think that the guy is less than a mile from my place. Anyway, I will continue to drop his name with all the local folks that I know and see what I can find out. Like Blurred I will continue to drive by until I see a car in the driveway.
    ON another note GO Rocks!
    Skiing Sucks! What a stupid sport!

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f View Post
    You want the default to be slow, expensive and a pain in the ass(signature required)? No thanks.

If you want it shipped that way, ask.
    For once I agree wholeheartedly with cj.

US Mail is also pretty much the only acceptable way to ship to Canada.

As for givebackbloom, I hope you get some justice, but you should out the fucker. True, the guy might not be a straight up thief, but at the very best hes inconsiderate and ridiculously lazy. Thats something people deserve to know about someone selling gear on here, especially since people could figure it out on thier own, its not keeping anything secret, just causing a pain in the ass for people.

Anyways, I hope you get your skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My wife & I have been running a few side businesses for nearly 12 years and run all of most of our higher dollar transactions through paypal and I have only had 2 deals that went bad (knock on wood). Both were verified & seemed like good buyers. I did recover my full investment in both from paypal (& keep knocking on wood!). Certainly it’s not expected that Paypal can protect you 100% of the time (although I know a few people who have a perfect record) but their system seems to work just fine for us. My only real nit-pick (be it a small one) is their fees at times can be a bit steep - but that's what keeps them alive. Paypal in all works OK but again it's not perfect. As for TGR Forums Gear Swap, I think it’s amazing how high the percentage of good deals are and great the “honor” system works here. Most likely higher than paypal. There are a lot of damn cool people here who really try hard to keep it that way.
    Last edited by altasnowbirdripper; 10-16-2007 at 08:08 AM.
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    i dont know about any one else, but i would be shitting myself if i knew blurred was on his way to my house

"you know who we are? we are associates of your business partner give back bloom. You do remember your business parter?"

Does Give Back Bloom look like a bitch?

N...n...no.

Than why you try ta fuck him like a bitch!?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    For once I agree wholeheartedly with cj.

US Mail is also pretty much the only acceptable way to ship to Canada.

Well fair enough I guess, I'm new at this. I think I've done three deals or so.

So who is responsible if a person send a package US Mail, they set it on the door step, and someone steals it. The sender thinks the recipient is to blame, and the recipient thinks the opposite. Seems easier to send in some fashion with a signature required.

Again, someone sent me a $260 beacon and I'm glad it showed up (not dissing him) but what if someone swiped it, what then?

So has this thing been resolved yet?! I keep waiting for it to either esclate when Blurred ends up on this d-bag's door step, or slappy all of the sudden sending the gear and saying..."Oops!, sorry, I forgot!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Although its cool that mags are trying to resolve this I really hate seeing thread like this. People fucking suck sometimes. Being that this guy hasn't been in any sort of contact with GiveBackBloom or even logged in since the check was cashed I have to believe that he's a total fuckwad and deserves to have his skis confiscated and a broken marker shoved directly up is arse!