Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Knight View Post
    yeah sure, but who knows if it was a "theft?"

I'd start by just tracking down a phone number and giving the guy a call, or barring that, sending a "friend" over just for a friendly reminder. If the sitch is sketch when the friend goes over, he doesn't have to push it, just walk away and then call the po-po. The guy worked in a shop or something didn't he? Someone knows him. It's a ski town.

Bloom, if you want to post the name, I'm sure there's people here on the board that could internet sleuth some kind of phone number for you to call that might connect you with him if you can't find something yourself? Have you tried straight up googling his name + Vail?
    They only thing I could come up with by googling his name was a letter he wrote to the Vail Daily back in August. Other than that, I can up empty.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I usually don't fuck around when it comes to theft.
    heh, just when they're sexy?

If you have a name and address, then get going on Zabasearch for any info on the person, telephone number, etc.

And I think you have been more than fair if no other messages have been received. If something really bad has happened that the messages stopped then in the end, that can be reported and their good name can be restored. If it was someone that is out to screw the seller and skip on to another board, then that as others have stated should be known.

The idea of a sticky with bogus or bad sellers is a great idea- but not just based on screen name- more details would be needed- name, city, maybe IP address, etc. since multiple aliases are so easy to get here.

From just a little bit of experience I've had he seems to be a decent straight up person. I was looking at buying a pair of 1st gen Big Daddy's from him & he did tell me he was going to be out of town for about a month, hopefully that's the reason. I'll see if I can get in touch with him again. Hopefully this will get worked out.
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

But if he is out of town for a full month, would he never check email, stop by this board and browse the posts? (I guess if that month was out in the wilderness, but if I was anywhere near a computer I'd jump on and at least scan webmail or check out a few favorite sites.) Not that my email mailbox would be able to last 2 or 3 weeks without getting so full I'd never be able to catch up.

one would think that if he would be out of town for a month, he might try and communicate that to a buyer who had just sent him a check, rather than deposit the check and then leave town. But people do stupid things sometimes.

Post his name, maybe someone knows him personally and can get this squared away. Or maybe someone knows he skipped town completely and you won't bother dicking around anymore before filing a police report.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    But if he is out of town for a full month, would he never check email, stop by this board and browse the posts? (I guess if that month was out in the wilderness, but if I was anywhere near a computer I'd jump on and at least scan webmail or check out a few favorite sites.) Not that my email mailbox would be able to last 2 or 3 weeks without getting so full I'd never be able to catch up.

I hear ya. You would think some sort of communication would take place.
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

He still has to be close enough by to pick up the check from a box he knows is empty and deposit it in a timely manner. Plus, you got the name. There cannot be too many people in the area with the same name as him and it should be fairly easy to track down.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Send a letter certified mail to the address stating you may seek "options" if communication is not established soon. Hopefully the dood is just out of town.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Hopefully the dood is just out of town.
    ...or thinks you're the hot+smiley bavarian beer-serving chick in your avatar and figured you'd forgotten all about the skis by now...

all kidding aside: to a quick resolution+skis in your hand soon!

For that matter, how do you know he didn't send the skis, and either sent them to the wrong address, or they were lifted off your porch or something?

Point being, don't wait, but don't jump to conclusions. Just go find the guy and sort it out.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

^I've bought stuff on here and it showed up US mail. I think it should be default that stuff gets sent UPS ground with signature required. The stuff I received was in excess of a few hundred dollars. That would not last long in my neighborhood on my front step.

And Bloom, you sent money to a person with no phone number?

The mailman just leaves your stuff on the doorstep? if I'm not home I get a card that tells me to come to the post office and get my shit.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    For that matter, how do you know he didn't send the skis, and either sent them to the wrong address, or they were lifted off your porch or something?

Point being, don't wait, but don't jump to conclusions. Just go find the guy and sort it out.
    I will have to agree. I bought a pair of bindings off of here and waited over 3 weeks for them to show up. They never did show up. I contacted the seller, it turns out he did indeed ship the bindings, however, the address i asked for them to be shipped to was different than the paypal addy. The bindings ended up at my house back home in Anchorage, my LOVELY tenants decided to open the package instead of giving the package to my rental agent to ship.

Point being, you never know what is going on in someone else's life unless you ask. That being said, after repeated attempts of contacting the seller, the buyer does have the right to find his stuff if the seller pockets the money.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Canada post leaves a card to pick up a parcel even when im home but UPS leaves boxes of skis all over my yard,ive found them against my door,alongside the garage and beside the house.Seems to me they contract out thier deliveries though as ive never seen the brown truck here.

bloom, you might pm blurred elevens. he knows alot of folks in vail and works there a bunch too. i am sure he can help in some capacity or another.

i tried not to jump to conclusions, hence the reason why i waited so long to call him out.

i'm in college living in the dorms, so it would be impossible for them to get lifted off the porch because all mail gets delivered directly to the front desk.

Bloom, if it comes to involving the local law enforcement, I have contacts in both Vail and Eagle that I'd be happy to touch base with. If nothing else, they might have some advice about how to progress from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    ^I've bought stuff on here and it showed up US mail. I think it should be default that stuff gets sent UPS ground with signature required.
    You want the default to be slow, expensive and a pain in the ass(signature required)? No thanks.

If you want it shipped that way, ask.
    Elvis has left the building

I live in Vail. Shoot me a PM if you dont want to post his name. I would be happy to do some investigating.
    Skiing Sucks! What a stupid sport!

GBB, I'm gonna go knock on his door this afternoon. I'll let you know what happens.

Please pm me your name and the details and what not so I have more to go with than "some dude from the internet"...
    edit-just pm me your phone #.. I'll call you.
    Guy supposedly lives in East Vail. We'll see.

Yep, he lives less than a mile from me. I was going to swing by his house this afternoon as well. Blurred shoot me a pm if you need "a Friend" to come along.
    Skiing Sucks! What a stupid sport!

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    His name isn't Ross Jarman, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    His name isn't Ross Jarman, is it?
    Why, you're hoping it's not a bro of yours, about to get his ass beat by Blurred and Rippin for screwing some poor kid out of his boards for the season?

Just kidding for sure.

Blurred, rippin, good on ya for helping out.
    Probably just a screw up, but you never know.
    Either way, good for you for helping to straighten things out.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Why, you're hoping it's not a bro of yours, about to get his ass beat by Blurred and Rippin for screwing some poor kid out of his boards for the season?

Just kidding for sure.

Blurred, rippin, good on ya for helping out.
    Probably just a screw up, but you never know.
    Either way, good for you for helping to straighten things out.
    I'm pretty sure Ross is the DBag from Copper that fucked someone over on here last winter in a similar manner.