Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    Question here.

So he hasnt deposited\cashed your check?
    ie you havent seen it hit your bank account yet.
    X2

Put a stop payment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by givebackbloom View Post
    I anyway promptly sent the check, and it was deposited on September 20.

English, motherfucker! Can you read it???

you guys missed this

Quote Originally Posted by givebackbloom View Post
    and it was deposited on September 20
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Rick View Post
    ak's sold unless something unforseable happens. sorry.
    Both a meteor and a comet would be unforseeable IMO.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    To maybe slow down the lynch mob, same thing sort of happened to me a year ago. Only I was the deadbeat. I bought a pair of skis they were shipped before payment was received. I sent a check, it turned out to be to the wrong address. After I sent a check, I got sent to a fire in SoCal and had no computer contact for two weeks until I came back and found the returned check and a similar post. Everything worked out besides putting the maggot selling me the skis in a crappy spot for a week or so. So who knows, maybe something came up. I'm not saying don't try to figure out what happened, but might be a little soon for contacting the Post Master general about mail fraud and sending a posse to find him.

Anyway my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Both a meteor and a comet would be unforseeable IMO.
    Comets are fairly trackable but meteors less so. Maybe he was hit by some Russian space junk?

Probably just an honest businessman with time management issues or some simple confusion. I won't get out my Bible, rope, and torch just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Comets are fairly trackable but meteors less so.
    True, but I still wouldn't foresee being hit by one.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Maybe he was hit by some Russian space junk?
    This is entirely possible:

Last edited by Fritz; 10-11-2007 at 04:13 PM.

The Northern Exosure Jpeg was well-played, you rogue!

I'll start to pay more attention to seller's avatars...

Seller in question...

I'm surprised there isn't a "Deadbeat Seller/Buyer" thread in here.
    Maybe the time has come?
    Last edited by mmmthmtskier; 10-11-2007 at 05:31 PM.
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

Quote Originally Posted by mmmthmtskier View Post

Seller in question...

I'm surprised there isn't a "Deadbeat Seller/Buyer" thread in here.
    Maybe the time has come?
    Yeah, but even if we run them outta here they could just make some new screen names, post a few bullshit posts to make their count convincing and then scam someone again. Still it might not be a bad idea, maybe we could even change the color of their screen name to reflect their deadbeetness, like a scarlet letter or mark of Cain if you will.

I've only lost $5 here on a cell phone deal here so I consider myself pretty lucky. The vast majority here are straight up and I'm really amazed that more transactions don't go south. I was involved in a ski purchase where the seller sold three skis out of four in the thread. Two went fine(including me) but the third buyer's didn't. Go figure...
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

What state did you send the check to?

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    What state did you send the check to?
    Colorado, I don't think I can put a stop payment on it considering it has already been deposited.

As for quieting down the lynch mob, I hope that is the case. I have never been fucked over on this board before, and it would suck to start now. If he gets back to me saying he was called away for some unforseeable event then we could probably work something out. It just irks me to no end that if he is indeed planning on shipping me the skis, he hasn't communicated with me.

No way dood, get on this now.

He deposited the check on the 20th, it's now the 12th of the next month and you haven't heard anything.
    You have a name and address, send a friend over right now as a reminder.
    It doesn't have to be nasty, but I wouldn't let it wait either.
    He could be in a hospital, or have been evicted, or lost his job and had to cut internet, whatever.
    So, just make contact in person (via a friend) and make sure you haven't been forgotten.

^^^ x2

I would have sent out the call earlier...It's been over three weeks since he's deposited the check and you haven't heard anything, doesn't sound right.

good luck.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

Yea I know I should have called him out earlier, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. oh well.
    any vail mags want to go check up on this guy. makers lives in minturn not vail.

I think the official callout timeframe ought to be 7 days without communication.

It is one thing to be in contact and lead someone on or simply communicate unforseeable circumstances.

It is totally another thing to ever cash any check without letting the buyer know you received it and that the gods are in the mail.

In fact I think that him cashing the check without telling you instantly warrants a callout. If he can get to the bank to take your money he can get to a computer and at least bullshit you. Not replying at all is a 90% for sure shitty situation.

Sure there are the random things that come up, that is what makes email and cell phones so convenient.

So the address is Vail?
    And you don't have a phone number?
    Somebody here should be able to help, there are mags that live right in Vail.

vail and minturn are >5 miles apart, makers still might be able to help, and there are lots of vail mags around. there's no harm in pursuing this; if it turns out to be a misunderstanding you'll delete this thread or edit it, it's not like the guy will be scarred forever. He received your check and deposited it over 3 weeks ago. I think it's ok to expect some correspondence by now.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've been lurking for about a year, so none of you know me, but I'd be willing to help, I live in Eagle-Vail just down the road from Minturn...

Capatain - How big are you?
    Uno mas

"I ain't but a hunnertfertyfive pounds soaking wet, but a'hm wiry."
    "Last one to the bottom is a Coward"

If you really are serious, I'd fill out a police report with the Vail PD. You've got his address, that's all they need. Should clear things up a bunch. You could fax in the report as well. I usually don't fuck around when it comes to theft.

970-479-2200 and press 0 to reach a dispatcher.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

yeah sure, but who knows if it was a "theft?"

I'd start by just tracking down a phone number and giving the guy a call, or barring that, sending a "friend" over just for a friendly reminder. If the sitch is sketch when the friend goes over, he doesn't have to push it, just walk away and then call the po-po. The guy worked in a shop or something didn't he? Someone knows him. It's a ski town.

Bloom, if you want to post the name, I'm sure there's people here on the board that could internet sleuth some kind of phone number for you to call that might connect you with him if you can't find something yourself? Have you tried straight up googling his name + Vail?
    Last edited by Chris Knight; 10-12-2007 at 11:51 AM.

If this guy did intend to steal from you, I can't imagine he had your check sent to his home address....
    Uno mas