Any Interest in Stokli?

I have the possibility of adding stokli to the raceeffect.com website, would anyone be interested in purchasing if the price was right?

please voice interest in this thread.

If I could afford them, I'd be on them all the time. Prodeal is a bitch with them.
    Best skis I've ever been on though.

PS: Did you ever get those old Volkl Beaters?

Yeah skied them quite a bit duirng the lean times. did a bunch of basework to them and was actually able to make the base look nearly solid again. I ended up selling em to a broke guitar player in the lodge for the cost of the bindings I threw on them. He loves how they ride, and is talking about getting back into beer league. So they have seen some renewed life. Thanks again.

I need to get this seasons pricing on the Stoklis, but if it is like last year, I can prolly do some stellar deals on some limited models.

INDY

Squatch Guest
    if you could do $250 for a pair of 201 DPs, I would buy 'em. Otherwise...not me.

stokli can be nice

Their skis are tight but are damn expensive. What skis could you get deals on?

The stormriders are sweet.

Too bad they dont make anything over 97mm at the waist...

As I think has been said before, they don't have the facilities to make anything over 130mm or so..... And that is the width of the shovel on their widest ski.

I have always been a fan of stockli, they ski amazing.

But as mentioned above they tend to be pricey. Also, I've had mixed experiences with their warranty department.

My dad bought a brand new pair of stormriders last season (at retail), blew the sidewall out during his first day out on snow. It was clearly a manufacturing defect, as there were barely any marks of impact, nor did my dad even remember hitting anything.

They wouldn't do anything for him, best they offered him was a discount on a new pair.

Its hard to endorse a company that won't stand behind their product.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

Dude that blows ass, brand new set of sticks one day old.Ouch.

I've had more than a few buddies complain about the sidewall issue. It seems to be a common complaint with Stokli. Its the main reason I haven't bought a set of snake bc's.

So what would people think of a price points as listed below:

All these are approx. It depends on how much of a price shift they have this season over last.

• Stormrider Scot Schmidt for around $665
    • Stormrider DP Pro for around $645

• Snake BC's for $645

• Laser Gs for $665

All these are approx. It depends on how much of a price shift they have this season over last.

I would pick up some Scot Schmidts at that price.

How long are the DP pros that you would sell?
    Last edited by PowderSpectral; 10-09-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Confirmed. A love/hate relationship with them as well...have had a pair of 188 Schmidts for groomers 2 years running now. Added-up damage: 2 sidewall blowouts (the first one actually took part of the core out of the ski, the second was less material gone, but longer at about 5 inches...), both repaired.

One of the Stockli reps last year clearly admitted to me that they've had sidewall issues, and as of that conversation, Europe still wouldn't consider changing the material. But I suppose it's on purpose, as that softer phenolic wall is what contributes to the Stockli feel. The problem with that logic is just what spinal said: if you're buying sticks from a company who freely admits they have an issue, then they'd better stand behind them when they break under anything less than abuse. And if the best you could ever get from Stockli was for them to make some exceptions, the FIRST person who's skis I would replace would be the broke ski shop kid who just spent all of his last paycheck and double what he could have spent on another brand to buy Stockli. If not, what's he compelled to say to anyone who comes in the shop and asks about Stockli?....And yes, I'm well aware of the business side that says, no, that kid isn't entitled to jack shit if he goes out and brakes it himself, but that's just plain and simply not fucking cool.

I'd love to see them step up their support, as I want to keep buying their shit, too. But until then, I've switched to Legends for now...they ski just as well, and throwing out any warranty comparisons, seem to hold up better.

~ Trip

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post

But as mentioned above they tend to be pricey. Also, I've had mixed experiences with their warranty department.

My dad bought a brand new pair of stormriders last season (at retail), blew the sidewall out during his first day out on snow. It was clearly a manufacturing defect, as there were barely any marks of impact, nor did my dad even remember hitting anything.

They wouldn't do anything for him, best they offered him was a discount on a new pair.

Its hard to endorse a company that won't stand behind their product.
    Last edited by Tripper; 11-09-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderSpectral View Post
    I would pick up some Scot Schmidts at that price.

How long are the DP pros that you would sell?

I have a new pair of Scott Schmidt's 188 that I just mounted w/ new P18 that I would sell you for $700. I only want to sell them so I can pick up some DPS Lotus 138s.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Right now we are holding off on adding any skis to the mix. Not sure if i want to even deal with them.

BTW: I am going to leave the maggot shipping hookup flat rate $5.00 shipping up on the site thru the weekend. Thanks to all of you that have ordered.

INDY

shindler,

What bootsole were the P18s mounted for? (Please don't say anything close to 317mm...otherwise, I may just have to buy them.... )

~ Trip

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I have a new pair of Scott Schmidt's 188 that I just mounted w/ new P18 that I would sell you for $700. I only want to sell them so I can pick up some DPS Lotus 138s.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post

Stöcklis sidewalls are really prone to cracking.... If you hit something. Never heard of them spontaneously exploding.

Me guess your pops scraped a rock, but didn't notice it.

That said, just epoxy the shit out of the gash and the ski will still work (it'll only look bad). I've beaten a shit out of an old pair of DPs which had about 15cm of sidewall missing... Didn't seem to affect the ski at all... In fact, after ~4 years of butchering them, they are still going strong and should serve their new master well (sold 'em just a few weeks ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

312mm (Tecnica Icon 27.0).

Should work nicely.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Call me a fan of Stokli!!

Damn these Storm Riders are a pleasure to ski! Buttery and predictable in marginal conditions...

14 years late to the party, but hey...

(it was fun to watch!)
    Gravity. It's the law.

If you don’t have a Laser SC on a race plate in your quiver, you’re missing out HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post
    If you don’t have a Laser SC on a race plate in your quiver, you’re missing out HUGE.
    No. Probably not.