Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    beer = McSorley's

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately I think it's a negative on the Ullrfest - it just doesn't make sense for us to spend a long time traveling when we're only on a short trip (and will already have a nasty flight...). That said, I see there are a bunch of maggots I like to meet going.

Only plan so far is to catch the rugby on Saturday afternoon. After that - who knows? We'll mostly be wandering around town, checking the place out.

mulletizer, I could be up for watching england / argentina on saturday.. I have some stuff from 3pm onwards though.. when does the game start?

Unfortunately I think the game starts at 3... Not sure yet where we'll watch it, we'll probably find somewhere that looks decent. Failing that, a friend recommended the Parlour on W 86th St. It's a bit of a trek so probably a last resort.

Nevada Smith's will probably have the game on...East Village, good bar.

Not sure if you're a big music fan. But you couldn't have picked a better weekend to be in NYC. The CMJ music festival is in town. Over a 1000 bands in tons of small clubs with totally reasonable covers (Free-$20 mostly).

For the full line-up check here...
    http://cmj.com/marathon/news.php

FYI, I'll be at The Dirtbombs show tonight, and the Band of Horses show tomorrow. Both shows are label showcases with 4+ bands performing that night. Great way to see some up-and-comers.

Or, you could get loaded and blow the whole thing off. Either way.

Thanks for the heads up on the music, I would never have known about that otherwise. I'd have loved to have gone to Band of Horses but it looks as if it is sold out... Guess we'll find something cool instead - most of the music is stuff I don't know so it should be a trip whatever. And we'll probably get loaded anyway.

Check out the Brooklyn Brewing Co. they make awesome beer, I would rank them in the top 5 breweries in the northeast
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.