The Cure 10/06/07 Shoreline Amphitheater

The Cure crushed Shoreline last night. Brilliant three hour set covering four decades and every record. Robert Smith is a genius.

One thing for sure... Lots of ladies dig the Cure!

Other bands at SF Download Festival:

1. "She Wants revenge." Excellent band. Got a standing ovation to open the main stage. Recommended.

2. "AFI." Good. Different for sure. Pretty cool.

3. "Black Rebel MC." Good for what it is. Nothing special.

4. "Kings of Leon." Better than BMRC. Reminded me of DMB.

5. "Metric". Not terrible..

6. "Black Angel." Not terrible. Kinda boring goth

Overall. Best concert for me since Gang of Four last year.

are you sure they played?

2008 NORTH AMERICAN 4TOUR SHOWS
    9/13/2007 2:00:00 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

13TH SEPTEMBER 2007
    THE CURE ANNOUNCE RE-SCHEDULED 2008 NORTH AMERICAN 4TOUR SHOWS

AT LAST!
    WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THE NEW 2008 DATES OF OUR POSTPONED NORTH AMERICAN 4TOUR.

EIGHTEEN OF THE NINETEEN PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED SHOWS HAVE BEEN RE-SCHEDULED IN THE ORIGINAL VENUES, AND ALL 2007 TICKETS WILL BE HONOURED FOR THESE NEW 2008 CONCERTS.

(THE ONLY ONE WE COULDN’T GET SWITCHED WAS SEATTLE… BUT INSTEAD OF NO CURE SHOW AT ALL, WE WILL BE CLOSING THE SASQUATCH! MUSIC FESTIVAL ON SUNDAY 25TH MAY (MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND) AT THE GORGE AMPHITHEATRE, WHERE WE HAVE BEEN GUARANTEED 150 MINUTES ONSTAGE! ALL TICKETS FOR THE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED CURE KEY ARENA CONCERT WILL BE HONOURED AT THE GORGE, BUT PLEASE NOTE: ALL TICKETS FOR THE SASQUATCH! FESTIVAL ARE GENERAL ADMISSION, INCLUDING ANY PREVIOUSLY ISSUED CURE KEY ARENA TICKETS).

IT’S ALL HAPPENING SLIGHTLY LATER THAN WE EXPECTED DUE TO ‘THE PLAYOFFS’ – A LOT OF THE VENUES WE NEEDED WOULDN’T LET US CONFIRM DATES IN THE MARCH/APRIL PERIOD – BUT WE UNDERSTAND THEY ALL HAVE TO LIVE IN HOPE!

HOWEVER, AN UNEXPECTED BONUS OF THE NEW ROUTING IS THAT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ADD IN KANSAS CITY, PHOENIX, AUSTIN, FT LAUDERDALE AND CLEVELAND… AND THERE WILL BE MORE DATES TO COME!

WE APOLOGIZE AGAIN FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND UPSET THE ORIGINAL POSTPONEMENT CAUSED, AND WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE NEW SHOWS ARE MORE THAN WORTH THE WAIT…

SEE YOU ALL SOON,

LOVE ROBERT, SIMON, JASON AND PORL XXXX (THE CURE)

PS
    ANYONE WHO WANTS A REFUND ON THEIR 2007 TICKET WILL BE ABLE TO GET ONE IN FULL FROM HIS OR HER POINT OF PURCHASE UNTIL 1ST NOVEMBER 2007.

k
    http://www.thecure.com/default.asp
    Last edited by PTracy P1; 10-07-2007 at 04:51 PM.

damn. i guess you did.

We are still going to headline the San Francisco Download Festival October 6th, and we will still be performing at the MTV Latin America Awards October 18th.
    i'll be there at Red Rocks in May.