The mystery of the cones!

This is an AKPM free post. It is also pesticide free and deet free, but oddly enough not homebrew free.

The mystery of the cones!

At the center of the giant room there stood an old grizzled man. His war spliced features gave rise to a rash of feelings from the occupants of the room, namely me.

Perhaps the explanation of a 5 sided room was to be sought after, or the dandelions that grew with no apparant stems, such as this day these questions arose.

A light glow envisioned itself from the middle of the room, illuminating the south side of the north facing man. A shadow streamed out gently reminding one of dark and evil men of the old serials I used to watch as a boy. Times like these called for the inner fortitude of people much less cowardly than I. Of course seeing as how I was transfixed by the eminating glow my feet were not to depart.

He ("he" being the old grizzled man of course) spoke. It wasn't so much speaking as making gutteral sounds the like of which was scraping two cats across a washbarrel when in heat. However his tone was unmistakable. Those nuances of danger and deceit contained within, it followed closely on the breath that carried those strange tones to my ear. One could clearly see that trusting the information from within this character would be a shady proposition and yet I do.

So he bade me come over to his side and stare at the wonders contained within the center of this 5 sided room.

The glow began to increase as ever forward my steps grew.

At the center was an inverted cone, not those that you see carelessly discarded upon the roadways, but akin to those that davinci would carve upon the rough hides of parchment. A perfect descending cone of indiscriminent height.

It dangled as though hung by some ghostly apparation, and although this grizzled man stood by the bizarre device, it was plain to see that he was merely a tour guide to the insane world within.

I approached the edge with trepidation, for as I came closer I noticed that the room increased disproportionaly with the size of the outer rims of the cone. It formed a perfect circle, a daring ring, a disconcerting truth.

The tones came again, warning and yet encouraging me to look inside. Swept upon by blind courage and utter fear, I stood upon my tiptoes to look into the depths. It was plain to see at first, an empty black void. My fear abated and then grew as that void revealed things within, deeper and deeper it ventured. I quickly pulled my visage from the edge and proclaimed to the man, "How deep does this horror go?" He once again motioned me to look inside.

I began the hesistant plod over to the edge and gazed within. It was all much clearer now, a ring within ring within ring. Never ending it brought to mind the inside of a periscope, as though I were focusing it to look upon something else.

Then it brought to mind, my visage, or perhaps it was me at another time. All of those reading know now that it perhaps wasn't me or at least the "I" that looked inside. However there I was, looking up at myself screaming in horror. Pointing ever so carefully to those things that I could not see over my shoulder.

A minute shove in the small of my back was all that was needed to teeter my body over the edge of the abyss. Falling, freedom, horror and falling, ever downward, the rings ever pulsating. I was settling into a varied dream of revulsion, love and distaste. Then in my final moments of this time, I looked up and saw my own visage at the edge of an abyss, and I noticed an old grizzled man approaching as though to push me in. I screamed and pointed, but to no avail. Now there were millions of me, all watching the repetition of that one act, all hoping in their darkest places that something could break the cycle.

Alas that it could never be. Oh for a 5 sided room, and quick feet.

Perhaps this time I shall suceed though, "STOP FRIEND"

Re: The mystery of the cones!

Originally posted by Odin
    This is an AKPM free post
    I didn't actully read more then this and felt I must respond heres a picture
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care