Page 79 of 432 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 10790
    did you rent it? I'm headed there in May for a work thing. If the trails are good and close to town and bikes are easy to come by maybe I'll try and get some after work rides in.

Go forth and ride, then bring back pics

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    did you rent it? I'm headed there in May for a work thing. If the trails are good and close to town and bikes are easy to come by maybe I'll try and get some after work rides in.
    Yep. Rented it at Bicycle Sport Shop on Lamar. Big shop, rental dept was on point, reasonable rates. SC, Trek and Specialized.
    It's about a mile of bike lane to get to the trail from there. First couple miles are kinda meh, wide and flat but with some interesting rock gardens, and great scenery...the creek is beautiful.
    Once you go under a few big underpasses it goes away from the creek a bit and there is a web of trails and spurs. Can't really get lost in there, fun little rallies. Nothing epic, just some fun, touristy riding right in town.
    They have free maps at the shop and mtb project was kinda helpful, but my phone's gps was acting weird.
    Particle lives there now and might be able to show you some fun stuff. We couldn't get a ride scheduled, but did get some beer
    Last edited by joetron; 04-13-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks Joe! That sounds easy enough, really appreciate the beta. Between bbq, fishing and now some bikes this is shaping up to be a good "work" trip.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    "work" trip.
    Workation™

And if it rains and you're any kind of politica/US history nerd, the LBJ Presidential Library on the UT campus was super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Yep. Rented it at Bicycle Sport Shop on Lamar. Big shop, rental dept was on point, reasonable rates. SC, Trek and Specialized.
    It's about a mile of bike lane to get to the trail from there. First couple miles are kinda meh, wide and flat but with some interesting rock gardens, and great scenery...the creek is beautiful.
    Once you go under a few big underpasses it goes away from the creek a bit and there is a web of trails and spurs. Can't really get lost in there, fun little rallies. Nothing epic, just some fun, touristy riding right in town.
    They have free maps at the shop and mtb project was kinda helpful, but my phone's gps was acting weird.
    Particle lives there now and might be able to show you some fun stuff. We couldn't get a ride scheduled, but did get some beer
    Whoa sprockets! dfinn feel free to hit me up, happy to show you around if I can escape the office
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Particle lives there now

*vibes*
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    *vibes*
    Reno. Dude.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Reno. Dude.
    I've definitely heard of it. It's about 40 minutes from where I live.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I've definitely heard of it. It's about 40 minutes from where I live.
    It's where the cheap all-you-can-eat sushi is at

And Costco!

Does Austin have a Costco particle? Huh? Does it?????

I just feeling for you being a skier living in texas man. Having to take trips to Colorado wearing a starters cowboys jacket. That's gotta be rough.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 04-14-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Trailside, I Street

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Trailside, I Street

Nice! Slowly working on my 4 year old to get off the strider onto pedals. He's been riding single track now and then on singletrack on the strider. How old is he?

From my office lunch loop today in Phoenixville PA

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Nice! Slowly working on my 4 year old to get off the strider onto pedals. He's been riding single track now and then on singletrack on the strider. How old is he?
    Turned six in January. Started riding a pedal bike about 4 months after turning 4. Got him out onto easy trails not long after that once he had braking figured out. Did a lot of singletrack on the strider before he moved to the pedal bike too (http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Strider-bikin). Thankfully we have a lot of kid friendly trails and riding areas here.

The kid yelling at him to commit in the last video is his friend River. Sam is a good little rider, but if you want to watch a probable future pro in the making search for "riverbellbmx" on instagram. That kid is only three months older and on a whole different level.

Racing bikes is fun!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Racing bikes is fun!

I will second that emotion.

Nice. One thing I love about early and late season riding, no leaves and grass means your sight lines get much longer in places.

Con: Sunburns

I didn't even think about it on Saturday but got home and my pale wintery arms were lobster-fied.

So true. It will be machete season here soon. See: my profile location.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I will second that emotion.

Did you guys run into our MTB Editor Gunnar at that race? He was on yellow and blue BMC 29er.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Did you guys run into our MTB Editor Gunnar at that race? He was on yellow and blue BMC 29er.
    I did see a dude both days with a navy TGR hat on. Parked near him Saturday. Never had a chance to ask him for change though.

I didn't see him but will try to say hey at the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I did see a dude both days with a navy TGR hat on. Parked near him Saturday. Never had a chance to ask him for change though.
    Sounds like him. He's not very familiar with the forums so may have had no idea what you were talking about had you asked.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

white phish.. you're going to bite off a piece of that tongue..
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Sounds like him. He's not very familiar with the forums so may have had no idea what you were talking about had you asked.
    Which would only make it more entertaining to F with him