Page 207 of 432 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 10790
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    If I'm somewhere a little more remote and alone I play music out loud from the phone, maybe that helps.
    Same. Because mountain lion prey doesn't sound like music blasting from your phone, I figure. Granted, I frequently ride in major lion corridors so have good reason to be paranoid.

New trail.

sproing!

Nice Meter Man
    That looks sweet

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Big Chief? Need to get over there and try it.

Name:  IMG_20180918_135928-X2.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  219.8 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You didn't die? What was it? Ken -> CT -> W. Jeff Crk?

Go forth and ride, then bring back pics

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Big Chief? Need to get over there and try it.
    It’s so good. Has some fun drops and features I posted a few pages back in this thread.

Is anyone surprised that the NON-IMBA chapter in the area is building the rad trails?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You didn't die? What was it? Ken -> CT -> W. Jeff Crk?
    I didn't die. We didn't make it all the way to Jeff Crk, my buddy had a time constraint that had us turn around somewhere after lunch rock but before treeline. So just a straight out and back. Twas pretty sweet out there, but I think the hordes that show up on this Saturday are going to be disappointed.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Smoke from the Hoback fires
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1164.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	247901

and it's "bow" season for the riding buddy

Name:	IMAG1159.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	247902

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It’s so good. Has some fun drops and features I posted a few pages back in this thread.

Is anyone surprised that the NON-IMBA chapter in the area is building the rad trails?
    I was kinda underwhelmed. I was expecting more sustained downhill. The features were well built, though, and I'm sure it will ride better in time as it gets packed down. I think the upper section will be a lot more fun as it should be steeper. Would be really sweet if those guys built something going over the ridge into the basin, what those guys have done in one summer is better than anything tamba has built on the north shore.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I didn't die. We didn't make it all the way to Jeff Crk, my buddy had a time constraint that had us turn around somewhere after lunch rock but before treeline. So just a straight out and back. Twas pretty sweet out there, but I think the hordes that show up on this Saturday are going to be disappointed.
    Why u no just do the loop from the creek? Avoids the shitshow at the pass, allows you to do W. Jeff, *and* ends with a sweet DH right to the car...

You must be new to this whole mt biking thing.

Name:	IMG_7370.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	247982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7378.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	247983

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why u no just do the loop from the creek? Avoids the shitshow at the pass, allows you to do W. Jeff, *and* ends with a sweet DH right to the car...

You must be new to this whole mt biking thing.

Ummm, I'm the one new to this mt biking thing? It was a Tuesday, FFS, what kind of shitshow do you think there was? Sure, it was WAY crowded for a Tuesday, but it was still ... wait for it .. a TUESDAY!

Secondly, why do you think I took a random Tuesday in September off to go ride? I'm sure you have a guess. And since you're such an expert on the Georgia Pass/Jefferson loop and the trail from the pass, I'll give you a few minutes to answer why I didn't do the ride you think I should have done. I'll wait right over here while you ponder that one.

And that doesn't even include the fact that the ride you suggest includes close to an hour more driving round trip, at least 45 minutes.

Ummm, I'm the one new to this mt biking thing? It was a Tuesday, FFS, what kind of shitshow do you think there was? Sure, it was WAY crowded for a Tuesday, but it was still ... wait for it .. a TUESDAY!
    That's the shitshow I'm talking about. Avoid it. Hell - I go as far as avoiding 285 at Kenosha COMPLETELY on the weekends during color.

Secondly, why do you think I took a random Tuesday in September off to go ride? I'm sure you have a guess. And since you're such an expert on the Georgia Pass/Jefferson loop and the trail from the pass, I'll give you a few minutes to answer why I didn't do the ride you think I should have done. I'll wait right over here while you ponder that one.
    Name:  bunniesweed.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  18.7 KB

And that doesn't even include the fact that the ride you suggest includes close to an hour more driving round trip, at least 45 minutes.
    WTF you talking about? It's less than 15 minutes driving from Kenosha down to the creek.

The main reason I start down at the creek, though is for the sweet DH to the car.

Google Maps says 19 minutes. So 38 minutes RT. So we're both wrong.

Again, it was a TUESDAY, there was no shitshow, just more people than a normal Tuesday.

And the Georgia Pass/Jefferson loop has. no. aspens. Which was the whole point of the day off and the whole reason to drive to Kenosha (and not just ride in Ned)! So why would I drive 20 minutes further (and almost 2 hours total), skip all of the aspens, and ride that, just for the downhill? The downhill is great and worth doing, but not right now. You're terrible at this.

And FWIW, there is a small downhill to the car at Kenosha, enough to cool you off and not feel like you're ending on an uphill.

FKN leafers.

I believe leaftards is the preferred nomenclature.

Google Maps says 19 minutes. So 38 minutes RT. So we're both wrong.
    Man... it's South Park. If you can't go 9.5 miles in less than 15 minutes, you're doing it wrong.

And the Georgia Pass/Jefferson loop has. no. aspens. Which was the whole point of the day off and the whole reason to drive to Kenosha (and not just ride in Ned)! So why would I drive 20 minutes further (and almost 2 hours total), skip all of the aspens, and ride that, just for the downhill? The downhill is great and worth doing, but not right now. You're terrible at this.
    So... here's the deal - you can *still* do an out-n-back up the trail towards Kenosha. The advantage to doing this is a *real* nice DH back to the car. You can do this before or after the CT/Jeff loop. Then you can see your fucking aspens. Speaking of being terrible at this...

Then again - I'm *strictly* in any ride for the DH. YMMV.

Last time I did this, I dropped my buddies at Kenosha while *I* drove down to Jeff Crk. This way they got some extra DH and I didn't have to fuck with the Kenosha -> Jeff part. Worked well.

And FWIW, there is a small downhill to the car at Kenosha, enough to cool you off and not feel like you're ending on an uphill.
    THIS DOES NOT COUNT. It's like 12-1/2 veritcal feet and LITTERED with fucking hikers.

Normally, I too am in a ride for the DH. It's why I ride West Mag all the time yet never ride any of the "normal" stuff, I am only in it for the climb/descent. This is pretty much the one ride of the year for me where that changes. FWIW, though, some of the descent going east (between Jeff Crk and Kenosha) are $$$$ this time of year. Just magic golden flow. And you miss that if you just do Georgia Pass.

THIS DOES NOT COUNT. It's like 12-1/2 veritcal feet and LITTERED with fucking hikers.
    This was the one time I have really liked my Timber bell. I swear, they parted like they were the Red Sea and I was Moses.

This was the one time I have really liked my Timber bell. I swear, they parted like they were the Red Sea and I was Moses.
    I9 hubs. You can be virtually stopped and they still sound like a plague of fucking locusts coming down the hill. Gets hikers right out of the way, ain't nobody want to fuck with that.

Go forth and ride, then bring back pics

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I was kinda underwhelmed. I was expecting more sustained downhill. The features were well built, though, and I'm sure it will ride better in time as it gets packed down. I think the upper section will be a lot more fun as it should be steeper. Would be really sweet if those guys built something going over the ridge into the basin, what those guys have done in one summer is better than anything tamba has built on the north shore.
    Go faster? Most of the slight uphill sections you can roll right through with barely any pedaling if you come in with enough speed.

But yeah, it will get better. The best part is obviously the DH after the log ride section. The other side is still being fine-tuned.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Another new trail. She's already more local than I'll ever be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Name:	IMG_9442.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	833.0 KB 
ID:	248003

Lunchtime lap at Hartmans
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Peepers, in the northeast.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

never have heard this prior. ROFL
    skid luxury