Page 397 of 432 FirstFirst ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 10796
    With no end in sight for the Flagstaff snow globe this year my buddy Joe and I headed to Kingman for sunshine and fun rips on the brand new trail system. Skiing is great and all but I'm currently feeling completely over snow, cold and grey skies. It's kind of funny how I'm usually tapped out on skiing by around day 25 the last few years!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqMWl...on_share_sheet
    dirtbag, not a dentist

So, these were some greasy-ass, slippery laps at the local DH track here in Colombia. Super fun, but hot damn, luge runs. Absolutely insane thunderstorm in Manizales last night.
    But the grade percentage tells the story.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230326_141005856.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	453292

Name:	PXL_20230326_141001329.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	453294

Name:	FC68752C-053E-425A-99F7-51CDE1CA7D0C.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	453298
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

More loamcountry till we get more pow

Name:	IMG_20230326_145006_079.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	453310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20230326-WA0002.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	453311

Great 2 days riding in the back yard with NWSkier, managed to get 25 miles and 4K vert in a 18 hour window. Feeling pretty cooked this evening!

Found a fun little step down today in an area I haven’t explored before

Name:	IMG_4806.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	453576

NWSkier on Zipper

Name:	IMG_4800.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	453577

NWSkier on Ninja Camp

Name:	IMG_4762.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	453578

Still recovering from a knee thing, but it’s great to have dirt under the tires

Name:	IMG_1652.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	453595

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    With no end in sight for the Flagstaff snow globe this year my buddy Joe and I headed to Kingman for sunshine and fun rips on the brand new trail system. Skiing is great and all but I'm currently feeling completely over snow, cold and grey skies. It's kind of funny how I'm usually tapped out on skiing by around day 25 the last few years!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqMWl...on_share_sheet
    I'm considering riding the new trails tomorrow afternoon on my way to Flagstaff for some skiing (assuming that the wind dies down, as if it's still over 20mph, I might be less motivated to jam my bike into the car). Where would you suggest someone park for a general tour around the place?

Damn boys, proper sends. Probably over my comfort level at 56 this year! (Well, the first one)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Damn boys, proper sends. Probably over my comfort level at 56 this year! (Well, the first one)
    Dude you look easy younger than 56. Your son is so perfect. What's your secret? You haaaave to share.

But seriously, I bet you could hit that first drop np just from your knowledge base and perfect skin. 56 is just a number.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Honestly, definitely yes in September following a rider I trust, but no in April with only 4 or five rides since October!

56? That's all? Hell, old man strength doesn't even happen till your sixties.
    Unfortunately, so does old man recovery, old man memory, old man stamina, old man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Honestly, definitely yes in September following a rider I trust, but no in April with only 4 or five rides since October!
    I heard that!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I'm considering riding the new trails tomorrow afternoon on my way to Flagstaff for some skiing (assuming that the wind dies down, as if it's still over 20mph, I might be less motivated to jam my bike into the car). Where would you suggest someone park for a general tour around the place?
    I missed this. The WW trailhead works or it's a short jaunt to there from down town. The Clubhouse on the golf course side works as a nice TH as well.

If you're looking for good eats the BBQ connected to the pizza joint is really good. Black Bridge Brewery for apres ride is our go to.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

It's rock season, bitchez

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Chimney?

From Kingman this past week.

dirtbag, not a dentist

Chimney?
    Definitely

Love that section. Kid has it right, stay high and to the left. I don't think I have cleaned it going up, though.

From Kingman this past week.

That was awesome, thanks for sharing. I just kept thinking I am way to old to ride that kind of terrain at those speeds. Well Done!

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    That was awesome, thanks for sharing. I just kept thinking I am way to old to ride that kind of terrain at those speeds. Well Done!

Poppycock! We can still ride that fast through that kind of terrain, it's the falling part that doesn't work out so well!

Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think it's the best bike edit I've ever done. Butters makes us look good! That kid is a phenomenal rider. He's only 17.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Damn, dude!

It looks like you got ALL of the memos on how to find, conceptualize, build, and promote the EXACT type of trails some of us love.
    Kudos, Amigo!

Damn, dude!

It looks like you got ALL of the memos on how to find, conceptualize, build, and promote the EXACT type of trails some of us love.
    Kudos, Amigo!
    This. That looks like ridiculously fun desert riding!!

Damn, dude!

Kudos, Amigo!
    Thank you Sir!

Well, to be fair I think we must like the same things. When I first visited this project it was to work on alignments for two small loops that start directly from the main trailhead. I met the City Parks and Rec Director and he mentioned adding some trails up there and maybe over there *while pointing up at what became Skyline and other areas, so I offered to go take a look around. I did and immediately saw the potential to design and build progressive, modern mountain bike trails. I didn't suggest the project, I told him that we had to do it! It's just that good and I told him Kingman was sitting on a gold mine. The terrain just begs for it. He probably saw my enthusiasm and excitement and within few weeks after that discussion we were back doing design work.

Now I'm discussing with various land managers how to get things started on a massive shuttle drop off the Hualapi Mountains just south of town. I bet it would be around a 25 mile run with 5k of vertical descending back into town.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    This. That looks like ridiculously fun desert riding!!

Thanks man! I may be biased but I fully agree, it's fun AF!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Thank you Sir!

Well, to be fair I think we must like the same things. When I first visited this project it was to work on alignments for two small loops that start directly from the main trailhead. I met the City Parks and Rec Director and he mentioned adding some trails up there and maybe over there *while pointing up at what became Skyline and other areas, so I offered to go take a look around. I did and immediately saw the potential to design and build progressive, modern mountain bike trails. I didn't suggest the project, I told him that we had to do it! It's just that good and I told him Kingman was sitting on a gold mine. The terrain just begs for it. He probably saw my enthusiasm and excitement and within few weeks after that discussion we were back doing design work.

Now I'm discussing with various land managers how to get things started on a massive shuttle drop off the Hualapi Mountains just south of town. I bet it would be around a 25 mile run with 5k of vertical descending back into town.
    I hope you get to build the shuttle trail. You have a great eye for laying out trail. That terrain offers a lot of opportunity, but not easily linked into a flowing trail.You nailed every one! Seriously, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    I hope you get to build the shuttle trail. You have a great eye for laying out trail. That terrain offers a lot of opportunity, but not easily linked into a flowing trail.You nailed every one! Seriously, well done.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. Trail building is hard stuff so the attaboys every now and then are helpful.

There's a lot of projects you get roped into that you aren't happy about, this one wasn't one of those.
    dirtbag, not a dentist