Page 390 of 432 FirstFirst ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 10790
    More from the new stuff we're building in Kingman. The White Cliffs area provides quite an awesome canvas to get creative with. The terrain is dreamy. The lsat completed loop, Skyline is a black diamond tech loop that skirts the cliffs forming the mesa top and climbs up and over other worldly rock formations. If you like tech riding and steep rock rolls, up and down you're going to really enjoy this place. We are designing a ton of b line options and extra credit tech moves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B413EE42-F689-4F11-81B2-29BB87170D47.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	434478

Name:	E5781133-838C-4885-B1E8-B844C0D2B6E9.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	434479

Name:	EA224213-5C79-4AF3-956F-EAA2F2B348D3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	434480

Name:	4CAC5605-08BE-47CD-9ABF-AA626C8BB2B3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	434481
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    More from the new stuff we're building in Kingman. The White Cliffs area provides quite an awesome canvas to get creative with. The terrain is dreamy. The lsat completed loop, Skyline is a black diamond tech loop that skirts the cliffs forming the mesa top and climbs up and over other worldly rock formations. If you like tech riding and steep rock rolls, up and down you're going to really enjoy this place. We are designing a ton of b line options and extra credit tech moves.
    Looks great! I was talking to the phlebotomist while giving blood yesterday. She said that of the places in her region, Kingman is the worst place to run a blood drive as everyone is angry. Hopefully this will cheer them up!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Looks great! I was talking to the phlebotomist while giving blood yesterday. She said that of the places in her region, Kingman is the worst place to run a blood drive as everyone is angry. Hopefully this will cheer them up!
    Haha! Thanks man. Kingman is a little rough around the edges but I see that as one of it's qualities. I think it's a great sort of under the radar spot to go get a ride in, a kind of anti Sedona/Moab place without any hype. The historic downtown is really very cool but it's also very quiet. These trails will connect to it and you can park right on mainstreet and go for a ride at the White Cliffs.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Fat fun.

I hate winter, wait no I don't
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Go forth and ride, then bring back pics

Well hot damn, Bellingham is riding GREAT!

Name:	IMG_9962.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	434702

Name:	IMG_9965.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	434703

Rented an Stumpy Evo Expert — pedaled great up hill but felt sluggish on the descent.

Name:	IMG_9977.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	434704

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by SkiLyft; 11-20-2022 at 11:22 AM.

The new Skyline Trail in beautiful Kingman, Arizona.

dirtbag, not a dentist

Looks really good Man!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Looks really good Man!
    Thanks Sam. Much more to come. We should be out there until April. I'm currently eying up shit tons of b-lines and alignment touch ups to ensure there's plenty of tech goodness for entertainment values .
    dirtbag, not a dentist

That looks awesome. Makes me even more excited to get down there.

Is there a map of the new stuff? I'm looking at Trailforks and I don't see this yet.

Name:	2555D7AD-4BDF-4DF0-A1A7-092D8A15EAFF_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	662.2 KB 
ID:	434790

The uptown side hasn't been built yet. On the map that would be the Clubhouse, Ledges, Golf Course and Wash Trails. The others though have been built except for that blue line just below Quail. I should get that in next hitch I think as well as the Clubhouse trail to the second junction of Ledges. There's three or four really cool b- lines off of Clubhouse as well that I can't wait to get built.

The best way to ride what's already there would be imo to park at the WW trailhead (it's on Trailforks) and start by going up the WW Lower Loop trail on the west side, it would be your first right hand option after the WW trail. Take that up all the way to the second junction that will take you up to the WW Upper Loop Trail, go up the short punchy climb up to "Directional" on the map which is actually Spicy Pickle. Drop into Spicy Pickle then double back down WW Upper Loop to the first junction which will take you onto WW Lower Loop Trail East. The naming on the phase 1 stuff is confusing but hopefully they are going to fix that up a bit. Take WW Lower Loop East to where it runs back into WW Upper Loop for the long climb back up and around to Spicy Pickle. Get another lap on the Pickle then head up to Quail, take Quail over to the Cactus Loop, clockwise on Cactus and look for the two b-line options, both will be just to the left of the main trail. Go to the second entrance of Skyline for a counter clockwise loop. It's easy to get in a 2 or 3 laps on this one if you want to and you might as well because you've already ridden almost everything that's currently available. After you're done on Skyline follow Cactus clockwise and back around to complete the little loop back on to Quail and then up to the upper reaches of Jack Rabbit for a bonus mini loop, it's not much but it's super easy and gives you a little more mileage and then finish up with an upper WW Loop counter clockwise to WW Lower Loop counter clockwise as well.

I hope that helps. It sounds confusing to me but it's how I'd show someone around right now.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Thanks, that's really helpful. t will give me a good idea of where to start up until I miss a turn, refuse to turn around, and figure "Eh, it's not that big of an area." I just don't want to miss Skyline as those up and over rock sections looked like a blast.

Have you ridden the other trail systems in Kingman? How do you think they compare feel wise to the new stuff you're building?

Looks fun, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Looks fun, nice work!
    Thanks! The White Cliffs have a ton of that sweet, rollable geology!

@Marcusbrody I haven't ridden anything else in the area. I need to change that. I bet someone on here has ridden the trails in Kingman before.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Beach week in El Sargento, BCS. Singletrack here is legit, rental bikes not so much… But beautiful trails and the only other rider out today was a friend (gf?) of Chris Blevins who was crushing

Name:	Image1669065194.694413.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	434904

Name:	Image1669065212.946848.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	434905

Name:	Image1669065230.693489.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	434906

Name:	Image1669065252.484626.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	434907

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I bet someone on here has ridden the trails in Kingman before.
    I've stopped in a couple times.

First time we rode parts of Monolith Garden, Red Trail and Foothills Rim. Seem to remember that being a fun loop, though navigation was a bit challenging. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...on-and-Kingman

Stopped in again last fall and rode some stuff north of the Hwy plus a loop on the south side. South side was fun, north side was rougher and more of a mixed bag.

There was easily a couple day's worth of riding before. With new construction, 3 days with minimal overlap.

Nice sunset tonight

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Beach week in El Sargento, BCS. ]
    For a poor skibum/admin, you sure travel a lot. You have the boys?

That looks really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    For a poor skibum/admin, you sure travel a lot. You have the boys?

That looks really nice!

Yeah, got the duo here with us. They’re loving it; casita right on the beach.

The school salary may not pay well, but I get lots of breaks. We’ve played the credit card/miles/points game hard for 15 years to globetrot as much as we have

Nice sunset tonight

That looks real nice Evdog.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Fun one w my daughter for her first time at this semi-local rocky trail system. Though she did get cold and frustrated b/c she wasn’t clearing all the hard parts, I was annoyed and amused simultaneously by her high expectations. She still cleared an amazing amount of techy trail!!

That's awesome, VTskibum!

I've stopped in a couple times.

First time we rode parts of Monolith Garden, Red Trail and Foothills Rim. Seem to remember that being a fun loop, though navigation was a bit challenging. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...on-and-Kingman

Stopped in again last fall and rode some stuff north of the Hwy plus a loop on the south side. South side was fun, north side was rougher and more of a mixed bag.

There was easily a couple day's worth of riding before. With new construction, 3 days with minimal overlap.
    Awesome, thanks. I think I'm going to reward myself when I finish the project I'm currently working on with a trip down there.

That's awesome, VTskibum!

Awesome, thanks. I think I'm going to reward myself when I finish the project I'm currently working on with a trip down there.
    By March phase two at the White Cliffs should be done.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Absurdly Good New England Leaf Surfing! (Hartford Res)
    Biggest drop of the day:

Name:	PXL_20221123_182050436.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	435192

And the house we would buy if we had to live here:

Name:	PXL_20221123_183510013.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	435193
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Absurdly Good New England Leaf Surfing! (Hartford Res)
    The Hartford Reservoir was the first place I ever rode a mountain bike cerca 2013. Some ski friends I'd met on TGR took me out, lending me this deathtrap of a 90s bike that one had kept for sentimental reasons. I was pretty much immediately hooked. I'd like to go back and ride it again some day.

The Hartford Reservoir was the first place I ever rode a mountain bike cerca 2013.
    Second place for me... in 1988. Classic. Rideit, welcome to NE.