Page 260 of 432 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 10778
    Holy shit, rideit! altachic was up at the Rosenberg Cooley Metcalf Clinic yesterday and came home with plans to have a TKR at about the same time. Hers won't cost quite as much as yours ($6,750 deductible with 0% coinsurance), but she doesn't even like oxy....

Sell the pills to pay the bills

That’s what handjobs on the Gondola are for, duh. I make them pay a LOT more when the car is full.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    OK, so the prognosis is fairly grim. Blew out ACL, MCL, PCL, and I have a contusion/fracture on the top of my Fibia. I have to let the Meniscus heal (~6 weeks), and then I am getting a total knee replacement on January 27th. The good news (according to the doc) is that I’ll still be able to charge as a cyclist (but likely my days of getting dh Strava trophies are over).
    The worst parts are the timing (will have to pay for this early next year, our deductible will be 10k before insurance kicks in at 50%). Also, I have a México Mt. Bike/surf trip all planned and paid for March 20th, not sure what the hell will happen with that.
    He took one look at the results and immediately prescribed 50 Oxy, so I got that going for me....
    And I get to buy a Wahoo Kickr and join Zwift, lucky me!
    I'll stop bitching about my shoulder now.....

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Sell the pills to pay the bills

I was in Mendocino for Thanksgiving week and got 3 good rides in. Lots of fun smooth trail with little jumps on the side of steep hills in the redwoods.

First ride point to point from redwoods to the coast:

Second was loop as the rains started. Include my favorite trail of the trip, Widow maker:

Was up early in the cold for last ride and caught some cool light through the trees:

That’s gorgeous...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That’s the perfect summary, PD, I was having one of the best rides of my season, just crushing. It was in Austin, TX. It was the only man made feature in 20 miles of riding, total surprise.
    That sucks. What was the trail called? Maybe it should be renamed to "Total Surprise".

Damn rideit, that sucks!

More kid stole from local riverside trail yesterday (Willamette River in the background)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Sucks to hear that RideIt. Best of luck for the recovery.

Global fat bike day ride

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

New WTB Venture gravel/road tires for the rigid. This is a great bike for where I live. I started getting annoyed pedaling my full squish Ibis Mojo 3 on pavement to the mostly fire-road riding that is closest to me. Figured I can be more efficient and enjoy the pavement much more with something like I built up here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3237.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	305695

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    New WTB Venture gravel/road tires for the rigid. This is a great bike for where I live. I started getting annoyed pedaling my full squish Ibis Mojo 3 on pavement to the mostly fire-road riding that is closest to me. Figured I can be more efficient and enjoy the pavement much more with something like I built up here.

Looks like a fun bike. what area are you in?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Marin county. Some fun single track for the full squish but even more fire roads that span across the whole county, out to the coastline and beyond. Scenic pavement roads too. A great place for a gravel bike! I wanted something that had mtb geo, and flat bars, so I would feel more comfy on the downhills and just more relaxed riding position overall compared to a more traditional drop bar gravel bike which was the idea behind this build. I had a pretty sweet gravel bike a few years ago but never got as comfortable as I wanted on it, so ended up selling it with the goal to build up something better suited for me in the future.

Lately I find myself wanting to drive down to Santa Cruz for demo forest/campus/wilder ranch trails or up to Santa Rosa or Napa for Annadel/Skyline trails for proper single track.

But Marin is a poachers paradise if you wanna duck the ropes...

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Holy crap, if you wanna get in shape quick, just strap 30 lbs to your handlebars and just go for short rides around the small neighborhood hills. Even just going up my driveway left me breathless!
    For the record, she had a lot of fun once we got going at a decent speed. She was just emotionless when we were completely stopped. At least that's what I'm telling the wife!

Attachment 304606

Attachment 304607

(first round-the-neighborhood pavement shakedown ride of the bike setup with my daughter on it ... next step is to take it off road, on mellow flattish stuff of course)
    You need a Mac-ride. Still a lot of work, but nowhere near the Thule and you can rip real trails.

Well that looks like the right tool for the job. The job being coastal/coyote/middle green gulch etc.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Recent rains marked the start of desert riding season and 1st lap down Palm Canyon

Hey Evdog, I’ll be out in Palm Springs in late March and would love to do the Palm Canyon Epic... is there anyone local that runs shuttles? How about a good shop in PS that has a decent demo fleet?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

crazybearbikes.com does shuttles, usually just weekends. No idea on demos or local shops. Palm springs is mostly roadie centric. I'll be happy to give you the tour if you give me some heads up.

Marin county. Some fun single track for the full squish but even more fire roads that span across the whole county, out to the coastline and beyond. Scenic pavement roads too. A great place for a gravel bike!
    Good call, rad gravel bikes give such good payback in Marin.

Believe it or not, despite now living 45 minutes from Oakridge Oregon, I do still miss my quick spins at Camp Tamarancho. Marin is rideable for many more days of the year, and the trails here can be “all or nothing” when it comes to vertical (generally pancake flat or 3000’ climbs).

I’m not complaining though, May through October is ridiculously awesome here.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Absolutely, Tamarancho is a great place to have in the backyard. Always fun to spin a lap and grab a beer in Fairfax after.

I've never ridden anywhere in Oregon but I can imagine the trails being great when they aren't slop. My good friend goes up to Ashland area for riding and says its great. Have you been out that way?

Go forth and ride, then bring back pics

Ashland OR is one of my favorite places on the west coast, about 3 hours from here, and I absolutely have driven there-and-back for day trip MTB’ing, just like doing the Tahoe day trip for MTB/ski/climbing.

4000’ vert bike shuttle, 14 mile-ride back into downtown Ashland for like $15 a lap. A mix of crystallized grippy decomposing granite and drifty gritty loam, high speed flow, light chunk, big time jumps, steep or low angle riding options. Wildflowers and views of Mount Shasta.
    Two large breweries right in town.
    Great restaurants and cafes.
    Several fantastic wineries within 20 mins of downtown, 5 times that within an hour.
    17 miles drive from downtown to the top of the local ski resort that gets 250” of snow a year.
    1.5 hours drive from downtown to Bunny Flat or Brewer Creek TH’s on Shasta.
    < 1 hour drive to south TH of Mount McLoughlin.
    More sunny days per year than Berkeley/Oakland.

Yeah, I’ve been there. A lot

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Ashland OR is one of my favorite places on the west coast, about 3 hours from here, and I absolutely have driven there-and-back for day trip MTB’ing, just like doing the Tahoe day trip for MTB/ski/climbing.

4000’ vert bike shuttle, 14 mile-ride back into downtown Ashland for like $15 a lap. A mix of crystallized grippy decomposing granite and drifty gritty loam, high speed flow, light chunk, big time jumps, steep or low angle riding options. Wildflowers and views of Mount Shasta.
    Two large breweries right in town.
    Great restaurants and cafes.
    Several fantastic wineries within 20 mins of downtown, 5 times that within an hour.
    17 miles drive from downtown to the top of the local ski resort that gets 250” of snow a year.
    1.5 hours drive from downtown to Bunny Flat or Brewer Creek TH’s on Shasta.
    < 1 hour drive to south TH of Mount McLoughlin.
    More sunny days per year than Berkeley/Oakland.

Yeah, I’ve been there. A lot
    You think it would be nice in March or April?

My only trip to Ashland was end of May. There was still 5-6 feet of snow up at the top of the super D course. They had to plow it so people could access the singletrack. Timewarp wasn't accessible. Can't recall if that was a normal or big snow year, but I'm guessing only the lower trails would be accessible in March or April unless there's minimal snowpack. We couldn't hit any higher elev trails in Oakridge either. There were some snow drifts on the upper section of Alpine, though it was mostly rideable.